40SP for Partnership Visa - electronic/online?

laf

My husband has attempted to type into the 40SP which he's downloaded and was going to print, sign and upload into my Immi account when my application is submitted.  Is this the way to go or will an electronic form become available when I start submitting the attachments? - so confusing!

Hello there, I believe your partner does his own (sponsor) application, using the TRN of your application as a reference. He can't start his application until yours has been lodged and paid for, it’s all done electronically so no need to upload into your account [emoji2]

So I can only comment on the way it was done for our application (which was via an agent).

My agent created an Immi account and a partner application which resulted in an online 47SP. I filled that in and submitted the application with payment etc. to get the application rolling.

My sponsor filled in the downloadable 40SP PDF, this was printed, signed, scanned and then uploaded as supporting documentation within my Immi account. There was only one created, not one for sponsor and one for applicant.

(We had been in discussions with the agent for several weeks prior to actually submitting the application with payment and had collected all required evidence . Once submitted my agent was able to upload all the pre-collected evidence as soon as the option became available rather then having to wait for us to compile it).

As with all of this there doesn't seem to be any right way of doing things, just many wrong ways.

Again this was my experience, but there was only one fee and it was collected as part of submitting the 47SP, eg the applicant form. The sponsor was not required to submit any fee.

Edited by Dispo

3 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Hello there, I believe your partner does his own (sponsor) application, using the TRN of your application as a reference. He can't start his application until yours has been lodged and paid for, it’s all done electronically so no need to upload into your account emoji2.png

Thank you very much.  I knew the process of submitting my application, and then my sponsor completing the sponsorship, I just couldn't find anything to indicate the sponsor form would become available electronically. It would be good if the guidelines or the form could provide this information.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dispo said:

So I can only comment on the way it was done for our application (which was via an agent).

My agent created an Immi account and a partner application which resulted in an online 47SP. I filled that in and submitted the application with payment etc. to get the application rolling.

My sponsor filled in the downloadable 40SP PDF, this was printed, signed, scanned and then uploaded as supporting documentation within my Immi account. There was only one created, not one for sponsor and one for applicant.

(We had been in discussions with the agent for several weeks prior to actually submitting the application with payment and had collected all required evidence . Once submitted my agent was able to upload all the pre-collected evidence as soon as the option became available rather then having to wait for us to compile it).

As with all of this there doesn't seem to be any right way of doing things, just many wrong ways.

Again this was my experience, but there was only one fee and it was collected as part of submitting the 47SP, eg the applicant form. The sponsor was not required to submit any fee.

Thank you.  I've checked your detailed posts on what to submit.  It seems you can either print, scan and upload the 40SP or wait until submitting the application then fill it out online.  As typing into the form was problematic I think my sponsor will redo it when it becomes available online.  As you say visas have been granted to applicants using different methods.

Thank you very much.  I knew the process of submitting my application, and then my sponsor completing the sponsorship, I just couldn't find anything to indicate the sponsor form would become available electronically. It would be good if the guidelines or the form could provide this information.  

I totally agree, lots of information is relating to paper applications, whereas most opt for online now, there’s lots of conflicting information, it’s very time consuming researching and it’s not always easy finding the info you need, this is a handy site tho,I also find the Australia Forum very useful, hope all goes well with your application.

4 hours ago, mhaffie said:

I totally agree, lots of information is relating to paper applications, whereas most opt for online now, there’s lots of conflicting information, it’s very time consuming researching and it’s not always easy finding the info you need, this is a handy site tho,I also find the Australia Forum very useful, hope all goes well with your application.

All Partner Visas must be applied for online now, the paper option has been removed

8 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

All Partner Visas must be applied for online now, the paper option has been removed

Even more reason to update their Partner Migration booklet.  While this exists many applicants will take this as read and not research further.  People who are not so familiar with the internet will never discover these wonderful forums.  It helps keep the migration agents in business though.

4 hours ago, mhaffie said:

Thank you so much mhaffie.  I'll provide updates as it progresses.

You are welcome, that will be great, I’d love to hear your progress, I submit mine at the end of the month, just waiting a couple of stat decs to come in from friends and family, I’ll be relieved once it’s all uploaded, then I can sit back and try relax a little [emoji4]

• Like 1

On 14/03/2018 at 13:37, mhaffie said:

You are welcome, that will be great, I’d love to hear your progress, I submit mine at the end of the month, just waiting a couple of stat decs to come in from friends and family, I’ll be relieved once it’s all uploaded, then I can sit back and try relax a little emoji4.png

I've received my 888s and just submitted my application.  I can't do anything until the BPay payment is matched to it. A bit frustrating as I'm raring to go with all the downloading and the system is down tomorrow. I will certainly keep you updated about how I get on.  It's been quite a feat!  

• Like 1

On 14/03/2018 at 16:54, Jon the Hat said:

You can start the sponsor application online before you submit, I have done it.  It only lets you through some basics though before it asks for the TRN and stops you progressing.

We started the sponsorship and as you say it gave me an error message on the confirmation of details page. I imagine when we get the TRN we can go back in the same form, change it from the ref. no. to the TRN and it will then let us progress.

Any idea how I'll know when the BPay has been matched to my application and I can start uploading the attachments. Will I receive an email or do I have to keep logging in and checking the site?

That is very frustrating, I tried to fill in the applicants application a few weeks ago and the system was down then too, it’s really annoying when you want to make progress, I believe the payments can sometimes take a day to be acknowledged. On a brighter note from what I’ve read on here and other forums the applications are being processed very quickly at the moment providing they are packaged well, so once you have attached everything let’s hope you will have news promptly, chocolate is a great distraction [emoji6]

1 minute ago, mhaffie said:

That is very frustrating, I tried to fill in the applicants application a few weeks ago and the system was down then too, it’s really annoying when you want to make progress, I believe the payments can sometimes take a day to be acknowledged. On a brighter note from what I’ve read on here and other forums the applications are being processed very quickly at the moment providing they are packaged well, so once you have attached everything let’s hope you will have news promptly, chocolate is a great distraction emoji6.png

Yes it was a great relief to send the application, just feel a bit in the dark about how and when I can progress. I really hope my application has everything they need and it goes through smoothly so I can plan ahead. Best of luck with yours. I'm going out for the day to take my mind off it!

My payment went through the same day and I sent the application. The online sponsor form generates a new reference number and we weren't asked to quote the existing applicant reference.  I presume they link them up regardless.

The form was different to the PDF version.  It asks all the same questions they asked in the residency application about finances, household, relationship etc.  We used all the same information except for adding my husband's statement about our relationship.  

There is an option to attach a 40SP paper copy in the residency application attachments list, which seems strange as it doesn't include some of the questions asked in the online version such as listing all travel dates for the last 10 years.

It has already requested I arrange the medical.

Edited by laf

Morning, this sounds totally different again from what I’ve been reading, things must be constantly changing or there’s different options to take, I’m surprised about medical too, I thought they contacted you about this a little later on. Sounds promising tho... Keep us informed and enjoy your weekend and hope it’s not too cold where you are [emoji4]

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, mhaffie said:

Morning, this sounds totally different again from what I’ve been reading, things must be constantly changing or there’s different options to take, I’m surprised about medical too, I thought they contacted you about this a little later on. Sounds promising tho... Keep us informed and enjoy your weekend and hope it’s not too cold where you are emoji4.png

If you don't go for the medical of your own accord they will ask you for it. 

When UK applications were taking a year or more there was no point in front-loading it, but most seem to be going through really fast now so there is less risk in doing it early.

Finally finished and submitted in full when the website maintenance finished at 2 pm.  Inputting the travel details took a while as husbands' were slightly different to mine.  I feel reasonably confident everything's in order. I'll arrange the medical when they open on Monday. Luckily I'm close to the London medical centre. Some people must have to travel quite a distance. 

I'll arrange the medical when they reopen on Monday. Luckily I'm close to the London medical centre. Some people must have to travel quite a distance.

I must try not to think too much about it but it'll be hard when they quote 11 - 15 months but some are processed in only a month.

10 hours ago, mhaffie said:

The applications do seem to be going through fast so it does make sense, I’ll be submitting mine soon, waiting for an 888 to come back from a family member that is no particular hurryemoji849.png

I hope you don't have to wait much longer. Good luck! The snow's melted here.

Hi laf,

That’s great news, bet you are relieved, how long do you think it took you in total once you had completed your sponsors form? I was wondering roughly how much time to set aside. Our nearest medical centre will be Cardiff, which will probably be about 40 minutes from me so not too bad. I really doubt you’ll be waiting 11 - 15 months from what I’ve read. Our snow is due throughout the night so I’ll not be venturing far tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hi Mhaffie

Do you mean how long to complete the online sponsor form? We took a few hours going through the passport, emails etc. checking dates etc. then adding them to the form, probably a few more hours transferring the details across from the paper form and inputting the evidence from my husband's point of view and adding his statement and double-checking everything.  

It sounds like you've completed the application so just need to send it off then start adding all the attachments. This also took me a few hours and that was when I already had them clearly named, the correct size and format. I tried to be methodical and ticked them off as I went to avoid missing or duplicating any. It was quite fiddly as there's more than one location to add the key documents. I wanted to move some around but once they're attached you can't remove them. I hope as long as they're all there it's not critical they're under the correct headings.

You too enjoy your weekend and let me know how you get on.

We completed the ‘paper version’ of the sponsor form a while back so we could just transfer the info online when we’re ready, saying that, I do know that it isn’t identical and I should expect some different requests to appear....we are hoping to get it all done Easter weekend, I just wondered whether a day in front of the computer was being optimistic. You sound nice and organised, I’m quite methodical and I’m hoping all my hours of planning helps when I start adding my attachments...lots of experts on the forums say that there often seems like there’s more than one place to attach something and you wonder if it should have gone elsewhere after you have uploaded it, apparently as long as it’s on there the case officers will find it and it shouldn’t be a major concern. Once I’ve got it all uploaded I’ll let you how I got on, I’ll be so relieved when it’s done [emoji5]