Can you bag a bargain home in your area?

Guest The Pom Queen
9 hours ago, Sunset said:

Reading other threads about housing prices and just how unaffordable they are becoming got me having a look around different websites that offer houses for sale.

The benchmark price for here australia will be $370.000 and a uk price of £210.000, no higher please.

Anything you can find really - BUT IT MUST BE LOCAL TO YOUR CURRENT LOCATION within 30km or 16 miles.

But then surely we should say within an hour of the large cities.

Guest The Pom Queen
9 hours ago, Sunset said:

Reading other threads about housing prices and just how unaffordable they are becoming got me having a look around different websites that offer houses for sale.

The benchmark price for here australia will be $370.000 and a uk price of £210.000, no higher please.

Anything you can find really - BUT IT MUST BE LOCAL TO YOUR CURRENT LOCATION within 30km or 16 miles.

There are 2,792 in a 30km range. All detached with large gardens or acreage.

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

But then surely we should say within an hour of the large cities.

No because road conditions differ in different areas both in Australia and the UK. 

16 hours ago, Sunset said:

Quite a few at £210,000 (38) but only one below

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-52931259.html

Edited by newjez

I'm on the outskirts of Geelong less than an hour from Melbourne.  For that price around here, at least one and probably multiple of these factors are going to be playing into the price:
old but needs work, new but low-quality build, limited number and/or small rooms, small land size, part of a unit/townhouse development (though may be freestanding), in a "lifestyle"/retirement village ,  or in a lower socioeconomic suburb (eg, Corio and Norlane have their good pockets and their less desirable ones).

These first two are less than two miles from me. 
The asking price was $360K to $390K but no data yet on the final sale price. The carpet would have to go! https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-lara-127594170

This one is renovated but small with a courtyard as it looks like they've taken their old quarter-acre block and subdivided the backyard into a second house block that's ready to be built on.  https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-lara-127708630

Guest The Pom Queen
7 hours ago, Bulya said:

Son the red necks are in Qld.  Get it right 

I think you would be more suited to the UK, you obviously hate Australia.