Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sunset

Can you bag a bargain home in your area?

Recommended Posts

Reading other threads about housing prices and just how unaffordable they are becoming got me having a look around different websites that offer houses for sale.

The benchmark price for here australia will be $370.000 and a uk price of £210.000, no higher please.

Anything you can find really - BUT IT MUST BE LOCAL TO YOUR CURRENT LOCATION within 30km or 16 miles.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

553 according to a quick, unrefined search on realestate.com.au with a max price of $350k.  Can't be bothered trawling all the way through to see what's on offer, look at the first few pages show a variety from older freestanding homes on large lots, through to modern units on the river.

We had a few hard years but there is a turnaround happening, southern investors are coming back into the market and overall there's a very optimistic feeling around here right now.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eera said:

553 according to a quick, unrefined search on realestate.com.au with a max price of $350k.  Can't be bothered trawling all the way through to see what's on offer, look at the first few pages show a variety from older freestanding homes on large lots, through to modern units on the river.

We had a few hard years but there is a turnaround happening, southern investors are coming back into the market and overall there's a very optimistic feeling around here right now.

 

Thanks similar up this way though smaller location 87 homes listed within the price range some are land blocks but this is coastal area within the km's requested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not much for sale in this price range in Devonport at the moment - that is a free standing house.  You can get a very nice retirement villa or a flat in that price range.  

This one is in Shearwater not far from Devonport. $339,000.

 

 

 

shearwater.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found one in Devonport for $350,000.

 

devonport2.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You couldn't buy a house where I live for that price.

An apartment or flat, yes but not a house.


I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$305.000 Ball Bay, Qld

main.jpg.45a32d43c0cb3c92a6071bcfabdd59a5.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Parley said:

You couldn't buy a house where I live for that price.

An apartment or flat, yes but not a house.

And where's that Parley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$300,000 4 bed, Seaforth, Qld.

main.jpg2.jpg.0d8bc546f7dfbba6a7db9f1f847099b8.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$300,000 4 beds, Yakapari Rd, Seaforth, Qld (about 23km from Ball Bay)

Yakap.jpg.395becc5dc5a9781447d1af13534d743.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bobj said:

$300,000 4 beds, Yakapari Rd, Seaforth, Qld (about 23km from Ball Bay)

Yakap.jpg.395becc5dc5a9781447d1af13534d743.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Could do with a dip into that right about now bob.

Edited by Sunset
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

I look after a house, sort of, only 60 metres away that has a saltwater pool, and no one to disturb me...

 

It's up for sale, no it isn't yes it is, no it's NOT...sorta thing...

Cheers, Bobj.

Edited by Bobj
altering
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunset said:

Reading other threads about housing prices and just how unaffordable they are becoming got me having a look around different websites that offer houses for sale.

The benchmark price for here australia will be $370.000 and a uk price of £210.000,  £210,000. no higher please.

Anything you can find really - BUT IT MUST BE LOCAL TO YOUR CURRENT LOCATION within 30km or 16 miles.

 

 

Where did you get £210,000 ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houses aren't bargains.

You get what you pay for don't you ?

Why would there be a bargain ? Supply and Demand. Houses will be cheap in those remote areas or areas with bad infrastructure where people don't really want to live.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, simmo said:

Where did you get £210,000 ? 

I think he pulled it from the figure he crossed out...;)

Cheers, Bobj.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bobj said:

I think he pulled it from the figure he crossed out...;)

Cheers, Bobj.

I didnt cross anything out Bob?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunset said:

I didnt cross anything out Bob?

Oh, poo! Someone did, cos it's the one I answered from Aldo's alter ego...

Cheers, Bobj.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bobj said:

Oh, poo! Someone did, cos it's the one I answered from Aldo's alter ego...

Cheers, Bobj.

Probably the altered ego thenxD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3210 with 15 miles of my old house in Scotland; 

326 in WA

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parley said:

Houses aren't bargains.

You get what you pay for don't you ?

Why would there be a bargain ? Supply and Demand. Houses will be cheap in those remote areas or areas with bad infrastructure where people don't really want to live.

Exactly...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, welljock said:

3210 with 15 miles of my old house in Scotland; 

326 in WA

That's a lot in Scotland 😯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The average house cost in Scotland is $159,000, so well below your $210,000

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, welljock said:

The average house cost in Scotland is $159,000, so well below your $210,000

My  £210,000 is a conversion from an aussie $370,000😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 1 in my area for that price - a 2/1 retirement villa

  • Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×