Can you bag a bargain home in your area?

Reading other threads about housing prices and just how unaffordable they are becoming got me having a look around different websites that offer houses for sale.

The benchmark price for here australia will be $370.000 and a uk price of £210.000, no higher please.

Anything you can find really - BUT IT MUST BE LOCAL TO YOUR CURRENT LOCATION within 30km or 16 miles.

553 according to a quick, unrefined search on realestate.com.au with a max price of $350k.  Can't be bothered trawling all the way through to see what's on offer, look at the first few pages show a variety from older freestanding homes on large lots, through to modern units on the river.

We had a few hard years but there is a turnaround happening, southern investors are coming back into the market and overall there's a very optimistic feeling around here right now.

4 minutes ago, Eera said:

553 according to a quick, unrefined search on realestate.com.au with a max price of $350k.  Can't be bothered trawling all the way through to see what's on offer, look at the first few pages show a variety from older freestanding homes on large lots, through to modern units on the river.

We had a few hard years but there is a turnaround happening, southern investors are coming back into the market and overall there's a very optimistic feeling around here right now.

Thanks similar up this way though smaller location 87 homes listed within the price range some are land blocks but this is coastal area within the km's requested.

Not much for sale in this price range in Devonport at the moment - that is a free standing house.  You can get a very nice retirement villa or a flat in that price range.  

This one is in Shearwater not far from Devonport. $339,000.

shearwater.jpg

8 minutes ago, Parley said:

You couldn't buy a house where I live for that price.

An apartment or flat, yes but not a house.

And where's that Parley?

2 minutes ago, Bobj said:

$300,000 4 beds, Yakapari Rd, Seaforth, Qld (about 23km from Ball Bay)

Yakap.jpg.395becc5dc5a9781447d1af13534d743.jpg

Cheers, Bobj.

Could do with a dip into that right about now bob.

Edited by Sunset

I look after a house, sort of, only 60 metres away that has a saltwater pool, and no one to disturb me...

It's up for sale, no it isn't yes it is, no it's NOT...sorta thing...

Cheers, Bobj.

Edited by Bobj
altering

1 hour ago, Sunset said:

Reading other threads about housing prices and just how unaffordable they are becoming got me having a look around different websites that offer houses for sale.

The benchmark price for here australia will be $370.000 and a uk price of £210.000,  £210,000. no higher please.

Anything you can find really - BUT IT MUST BE LOCAL TO YOUR CURRENT LOCATION within 30km or 16 miles.

Where did you get £210,000 ? 

1 hour ago, Parley said:

Houses aren't bargains.

You get what you pay for don't you ?

Why would there be a bargain ? Supply and Demand. Houses will be cheap in those remote areas or areas with bad infrastructure where people don't really want to live.

Exactly...  

Just now, welljock said:

The average house cost in Scotland is $159,000, so well below your $210,000

My  £210,000 is a conversion from an aussie $370,000?