Tourist Refund Scheme

Melbpom

Does anyone have experience using the Tourist Refund Scheme at Melbourne airport? I've done some googling and found that there's a TRS app and then you have to wait in a queue for ages. I'll have my hands full on next trip and wondered if it's possible to fill in a paper form and lodge ìn a post box.

I used the app last trip and it was a breeze - no queue compared with the usual hour long wait in the regular queue behind loads of departing Asians (who are apparently well known for their pre-departure purchases). The app took mere minutes to complete and the process with the lady at the counter took even less time. I’m going to use it again. AFAIK no lodging paper forms in boxes like we used to do at Heathrow.

1 hour ago, Melbpom said:

Does anyone have experience using the Tourist Refund Scheme at Melbourne airport? I've done some googling and found that there's a TRS app and then you have to wait in a queue for ages. I'll have my hands full on next trip and wondered if it's possible to fill in a paper form and lodge ìn a post box.

I just did it at Perth and there was no queue. It was all very easy.