paper application?????

Guest X-Ray Babe

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sharkie
Hello paper based people,

We are paper based too, submitted April 08, acknowledged & receipt 29 April, thumb twiddling & Oz forum obsessed ever since. I have booked meds for 2 Sep to delude myself into thinking progress is being made.

Anyway my confession is (and I only admit to this as it did have quite a good result!!!) On the beupdate site I went through all of the months for a 175 visa that was paper based to find out how many there were. Then looked at the visa granted for 175 visas paper based. Well the outcome was, out of all the timelines from Sep 07 to April 08 there are 53 paper based 175 application & 7 have been granted visas. I bet (but am not that obsessed just yet :wacko:) that if I counted all the online apps in the spreadsheet & the visa grants the ratio would be a lot lower.

If there is someone looking for something to do.................

good luck everyone

hi jaq4chop

great work keep up the good work ,bit woried when the april onliners mainly tiger(from expats) for one get there visas i will be lost ,but your obsesiveness sounds like the perfect replacement .im on a april 175 same as you so we should be around the same timescale, wot do you think??? im seriously hoping to head out there new year(with or without the visa) hoping for before or not long after so i dont spend all my cash. but who no s :arghh:

chris

yep i got that last week from our co too! in fact she actually told us were really are one of the longest cases like really want to here that!

When did you apply?

hi we r paper base 1st april 08,had meds,police checks done,we r with visa bureau,i dont think they like u doing meds before been asked for by the c.o .i can understand that its going to be close to validate the visa if it is going to take 12 months for the visa to come. we had meds done middle of july ,so if it takes 12 months its going to be very close (3mths to booked flights etc) good luck to us all anyway paula,ian,meg,13,morgan,10,chris,18yrs.

Don't give up! There are still quite a few of us paper based PRE September applications who still haven't heard a dickie bird!!

Good liuck.

Oxo

Guest ian mund

hi we are a family of 4 and want to go australia. we have looked on the net and into an agent but dont know which 1 to do? is it safer to go with an agent as they correct anything or do i save money and do it myself but if i get it wrong get refused? can anyone help me. thanks toni.

Don't give up! There are still quite a few of us paper based PRE September applications who still haven't heard a dickie bird!!

Good liuck.

Oxo

I bet your going out of your mind, have you contacted anyone or anyone you?

OK guys here's a new list lets hope we can delete lots of names off it sooooon :v_SPIN:

adamchippie, SEPT

theandrews, andy,tina,luke&georgie, OCT

shellj, rajag, gaztin, liz, bagendbunch, NOV

stillhere, bailey, rob+ani, DEC

lou08, tomlinsons, JAN

x-raybabe, em+paul, brammies, FEB

jaq4chop, sharkie, APR

GOODLUCK EVERYONE FINGERSCROSSED:jiggy:

dont forget to check-in lol & update us when you hear ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!! lol

OK another name deleted CONGRATULATIONS ninjanicky (oct) it's moving people anymore news this week? goodluck 4 next week fingers crossed

I'm going on my hols next week & hope to see all ya names on here saying GOT VISA

please post on here if you hear I LOVE deleting names lol strange but get excited when any paper-based are granted god only knows what I be like when we get ours lol

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

No u can't go on holiday this post is gr8t, look at it all day long just to see what's happening. Have a gr8t holiday but come back soon.

No u can't go on holiday this post is gr8t, look at it all day long just to see what's happening. Have a gr8t holiday but come back soon.

thanks wasnt sure if it helped anyone really but makes me feel like i'm doing something lol hope you get your visa while i'm away but dont FORGET to post ya news

GOODLUCK EVERYONE!

Guest bailey

Hi all paperbased apps,

Does anybody have any news yet on how things are moving. Seems to have slowed down again with lots of online apps being granted visas but not many paperbased apps.

Has anyone rung ASPC recently?

Guest X-Ray Babe

Hi, It is driving me mad watching all the march applicants getting visas now, whilst us paper applications have just been left on the shelf!!!

It is just not fair!

We all know that when they say they appoint case officers by date of application arriving in Adelaide it is a lie too.

I see a February paper application got a visa a few days ago, so where are ours?????

Rachel

Guest Rob&Ani
Hi, It is driving me mad watching all the march applicants getting visas now, whilst us paper applications have just been left on the shelf!!!

It is just not fair!

We all know that when they say they appoint case officers by date of application arriving in Adelaide it is a lie too.

I see a February paper application got a visa a few days ago, so where are ours?????

Rachel

Hi X-Ray Babe this has been a really good post you started. Its great that Stillhere has been keeping an eye on things too (even though he is now sunning himself somewhere in the Med!).

If only we had all known to have applied online. We wish we had come across PomsInOz earlier, we could all have had our Visa's by now. Our Meds passed so that has made us alot happier. beupdate web site is kind of showing that things are taking roughly about 10months for paperbased applications, so just a few more months to wait!!!

Ani

Guest sharkie

oh my go oh my god :jiggy:

i am in total shock,i wasnt expecting it till xmas at the earliest, i am the luckiest person alive, the pile must of been knocked off again and mine was put at the top, or they seriously need site managers

IVE GOT MY CO , PAPERBASED CARPENTER/SITE FOREMAN 28TH APRIL 08.

Im off in 2 weeks to see my sydney born girlfriend, ive already got 2 job interviews lined up, come back here for 6 ish weeks then back to oz for good and my meds and p/c are on the way

i am so so lucky and im so sorry for all those ive overtook, ive never been a queue jumper. all i can think is im a single applicant with no ties a very simple application!!!

so so so happy :jiggy:

chris

Guest sharkie

Chris

Did you front load your meds?

Emma

hi

i did my meds s 2 weeks ago,and p/c s this week. i was looking at doing a 457 application whilst i waited as i seriously had set my mind on new year !!!

so they should be getting them in the next week with my p/c s not long after, so fingers crossed.

would be unreal if i got it whilst i wos with my girlfriend in oz :jiggy:

chris

Guest X-Ray Babe

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

This is something to give all us paper applications a glimmer of hope!

Lets hope more of us will be celebrating soon!

Rachel

hi

i did my meds s 2 weeks ago,and p/c s this week. i was looking at doing a 457 application whilst i waited as i seriously had set my mind on new year !!!

so they should be getting them in the next week with my p/c s not long after, so fingers crossed.

would be unreal if i got it whilst i wos with my girlfriend in oz :jiggy:

chris

Hi again Chris,

I think the Brammies are on to something with you not being in Oz when your visa is granted. You don t want to end up at the bottom of that pile again:skeptical:.

We are off for meds on Tuesday, I decided, like many others, that I know better than the agents & if meds & pcs were on the COs desk at the same time as the file then they have all the info they need. I was beginning to think I had been a bit hasty and should wait a bit longer. But hopefully we are not far behind you.

Here to speedy COs.

Enjoy your trip.

Jaq

hi everyone had a lovely week away NO INTERNET great too forget all this even for a week

but logged on & no visa grant:cry: kinda knew it would be too good too be true but at least we must be another week closer & cant see any GOT IT posts from you lot was hoping somebody was granted this week whats happnin arhhhhhh :arghh:

congrats on co sharkie at least somebody's app is moving can you tell us how you found out? did they ask for further info/meds etc

ANOTHER WEEK I say it EVERY week but goodluck everyone fingers crossed there has to be a grant this week

Guest X-Ray Babe

Please, please, please let there be some more paper applications granted this week, it is the only news that keeps me going at the moment! It all seems so unfair that we are being left so far behind! I miss my mum and sister so much and cant wait to be there with them!

Rachel

Guest The Digby's

Guy's, Can anyone tell me, do you get a case officer only after your meds, pc's have been submitted or can you get one when you once your skills have been approved

We are hoping for a 175.

regards,

Lee

Archived