paper application?????

Guest X-Ray Babe

Guest bailey

Hi,

Just posted this on another thread.

Spoke to Oz house in London this morning to see if they had any info on why the long wait. They told me that processing times for paperbased applications were 12 months!!. I thought that their web site stated 6 to 9 months?. But this, I am told was for online applications only.

They comfirmed that we did not have a case officer yet but did say that on the 13th August my file was updated with "ATF" but he did not know what this was. Anybody have any ideas?

176 family sponsored sent 14th Dec 2007, Ack 14th Jan 2008, meds/police done. (using thinking australia)

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi bailey sorry no idea what it means but it must mean something? movement? goodluck maybe someone on 176 visa will know as for the quicker online NO WHERE does it state that on the immi site believe me i have searched!!!!!!!

lets hope it's soon for us all fingers crossed

Hi

Our paper 175 application was reciveved in Oz in Feb and we got our acknowledgment in June.

I looked on the DIAC website yesterday and it does now state off shore 175 visas 12 months!! :arghh:

Well done to everyone who has got their visa so far and lets hope things keep moving.:yes:

Our agent wrote to DIAC about the slowness of issuing visas but all their response said was that they were very busy.

Now trying to decide whether to front load meds and police checks to speed things up a bit later on?

This is a great thread as I had started to think we were the only paper based in the whole of the UK!!

Emma

hi guys CONGRATULATIONS to moose who has just got his visa paper 18th oct enjoy u waited long enough good luck with everything

ok so those now waiting please update as soon as you can here's hoping more visa's are granted this week good luck to you all

adam chippie septembers 07

shelly nelly, ninjanicky, the andrews & andy tina luke and georgie, octobers

shellyj, rajag, gaztin, liz & bag end bunch, novembers

me stillhere & bailey decembers

lou08 january 08

x-ray babe & em&paul febuary

jaq4chop & sharkie april 08

ps sorry if i missed anyone & add yourself if you not already

hi em&paul added you to the list goodluck papers are moving but VERY SLOWLY keep us all updated how it goes hope to delete a few more very soon

Guest jewels1356

nope we are but ours are being done in perth anyone else out thier got perth diac looking at their appl

juliexx

Guest shellynelly
nope we are but ours are being done in perth anyone else out thier got perth diac looking at their appl

juliexx

hello we are oct paper based and we got our visa yesterday, i know someone who is november paper based that got theirs this week so things are moving, we front loaded our meds and pcc and would recommend you do that if you want to go to oz as soon as poss, hang in there folks it will happen i know how hard it is it took us 2 and a half years to get to this stage nearly gave up but glad we didint, good luckmichelle x

Guest sharkie

hey all

4 paperbased and 1 co visa s this week :jiggy:

thats the most ive seen since ive been on here, please keep moving at that pace !!!! i have to be there for new year

i wrote a complaint on the diac website how unfair it is to be so behind the online and how its just getting further and further behind

theres a few ringing and complaining on british expats, the more who do they have to listen, i live in hope !!!!:arghh: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/form...es/index.htm#b

good luck to all

chris

april paperbased 175

Guest Tomlinsons

Hi, we are also a paper application, passed skilled assessment Dec 07, visa application 7th Jan 08, can you tell me if you have to wait to be asked for medicals by CO, or can you just get them done?

Im paper based to and the date thye recieved my application is feb 12

yes you can do you meds and police checks when you like

the problem is that you only have a year to validate from the date of med or police check which ever is first and if they ask for more infomation it could take longer than 12 months to get your visa then you would have to have your meds done again and depends how soon you can get out there after you have your visa hope this helps

hi guys CONGRATULATIONS to moose who has just got his visa paper 18th oct enjoy u waited long enough good luck with everything

ok so those now waiting please update as soon as you can here's hoping more visa's are granted this week good luck to you all

adam chippie septembers 07

shelly nelly, ninjanicky, the andrews & andy tina luke and georgie, octobers

shellyj, rajag, gaztin, liz & bag end bunch, novembers

me stillhere, bailey & rob & ani, decembers

lou08 & tomlinsons, january 08

x-ray babe & em&paul, febuary

jaq4chop & sharkie april 08

ps sorry if i missed anyone & add yourself if you not already

hi guys added rob & ani, & the tomlinsons to the list a few more to compare with good luck 4 this week everyone FINGERS CROSSED

tomlinsons you dont have to wait for co to ask for meds if you go to immi site it gives you list of panel doctors in your area & tell you which forms to take fill them in & just phone up the doctor they sort everything else goodluck keep us posted on progress

Guest andy,tina,lukeandgeorgie

us 176 nov pcs and meds done and ok in may heard nothing since awaiting co ??? how much longer ????

From what I can gather from alot of people who have front loaded meds, providing all other documents are ok you can go straight to visa granted and not hear from a CO.

Hi

TheBrammies what visa are you going for? Our applicationis a 175 and was recieved in Adelaide on the 12th of Feb too.

We are going to front load meds etc in Nov/Dec if not heard anything by then? That should then give us till end of next year to get there but hopefully before then!!!

Emma

:v_SPIN:

us 176 nov pcs and meds done and ok in may heard nothing since awaiting co ??? how much longer ????

I know of two people on British Expats site who have received visas this week (paperbased) one who applied 6th Oct and the other 26th Nov. ???

Hello paper based people,

We are paper based too, submitted April 08, acknowledged & receipt 29 April, thumb twiddling & Oz forum obsessed ever since. I have booked meds for 2 Sep to delude myself into thinking progress is being made.

Anyway my confession is (and I only admit to this as it did have quite a good result!!!) On the beupdate site I went through all of the months for a 175 visa that was paper based to find out how many there were. Then looked at the visa granted for 175 visas paper based. Well the outcome was, out of all the timelines from Sep 07 to April 08 there are 53 paper based 175 application & 7 have been granted visas. I bet (but am not that obsessed just yet :wacko:) that if I counted all the online apps in the spreadsheet & the visa grants the ratio would be a lot lower.

If there is someone looking for something to do.................

good luck everyone

OK guys here's a new list lets hope we can delete lots of names off it sooooon

adamchippie, SEPT

theandrews, andy,tina,luke&georgie, OCT

shellj, rajag, gaztin, liz, bagendbunch, NOV

stillhere, bailey, rob+ani, DEC

lou08, tomlinsons, JAN

x-raybabe, em+paul, brammies, FEB

jaq4chop, sharkie, APR

GOODLUCK EVERYONE FINGERSCROSSED:jiggy:

dont forget to check-in lol & update us when you hear ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!! lol

p.s thanks for the info jaq4chop I too have beupdate lists & theories lol comparing online sounds like a good idea but........... like you say not that obsessed!................................................................................................................

YET :goofy: lol

Same here but we were thinking of Oct/Nov.

We are ready to go now and the wait is very frustraiting!

Emma

:v_SPIN:

I know what you mean we applied in Nov and are ready to go, if we got our visa today I would book our flights today. Spoke to agent yesterday and he said he had been off sick for a week when he returned only 1 visa had been issued. Feel like screaming :arghh: with frustration.

I know what you mean we applied in Nov and are ready to go, if we got our visa today I would book our flights today. Spoke to agent yesterday and he said he had been off sick for a week when he returned only 1 visa had been issued. Feel like screaming :arghh: with frustration.

HI liz has your agent given you any idea of grant? timescale? cant believe march apps are now being granted arhhhhhhhhhhhh lets hope u hear soon

HI liz has your agent given you any idea of grant? timescale? cant believe march apps are now being granted arhhhhhhhhhhhh lets hope u hear soon

Agent told us about 2 months ago it would be about a month but since this he says they have really slowed down just trickling in were his words. :skeptical:

Archived