Vetassess waiting time for technical interview

Emma_M

Hi Tasha, my husbands a welder (first class Anszco 322313) and is having his skills assessed by vetassess, the first stage was gathering lots of evidence from previous employers, bank statements, references etc which took us ages!

The second stage is a technical interview which is done via Skype and covers all aspects of his job and he has to get a minimum score of 73 to pass this, if successful he gets the Australian certificate 3 qualification.

I’m not sure if a joiner is along the same lines or not sorry?!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nakney
On 05/04/2018 at 21:26, Emma_M said:

One step closer.

Got our date through this morning for 18th April! ?

Good luck to your husband for his assessment today! I got my successful result through this morning after a painstaking 15 day wait! :D

Aw great well done! That’s a long wait, bet your glad that’s that stage over with.

I’m currently sitting in the office waiting patiently for him to finish the interview.

Next step is English test which is on Saturday! 

Whats your next step?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2018 at 15:32, Nakney said:

Hi Emma, 

I paid for my interview on 2nd Feb and still haven't heard anything. I called them last week and they said there were some delays so I guess we just have to wait...

Hey nakney 

how are you ? 

Have u got result for skill assessment? 

How long it took it to get an answer ?? 

Which state u choosing ? What visa u planning to apply ?? 

My husband is mechanic .. he got interview for 17 may .. finger crossed??

Will update u my next update soon 

Guest Nakney
3 hours ago, Waris said:

Hey nakney 

how are you ? 

Have u got result for skill assessment? 

How long it took it to get an answer ?? 

Which state u choosing ? What visa u planning to apply ?? 

My husband is mechanic .. he got interview for 17 may .. finger crossed??

Will update u my next update soon 

Hi Waris,

Yes I got a positive result for the skills assessment. It took me about 2 weeks for the result to appear on the system. The letter and certificate have been posted to the migration agent. I am applying SA on a 489 State Sponsored. PTE exam is booked for 15th May so will lodge EOI as soon as I get a positive result from that.

Good luck to your husband for his interview, I'm sure he will be fine. My assessor was really friendly. He knew I was nervous and helped me through the interview. They want you to pass so they try to make you feel relaxed.

17 minutes ago, Nakney said:

Hi Waris,

Yes I got a positive result for the skills assessment. It took me about 2 weeks for the result to appear on the system. The letter and certificate have been posted to the migration agent. I am applying SA on a 489 State Sponsored. PTE exam is booked for 15th May so will lodge EOI as soon as I get a positive result from that.

Good luck to your husband for his interview, I'm sure he will be fine. My assessor was really friendly. He knew I was nervous and helped me through the interview. They want you to pass so they try to make you feel relaxed.

Thank u for info .. congrat for passing skill assessment. We got pte score ready beforehand .. once we pass it .. will do the eoi straight away if all goes good .. 

thsnk u so much  for your guidance .. we got 55 score .. we will be applying for 190 nsw.. is not 489 conditional residency 

On 18/04/2018 at 09:07, Nakney said:

Good luck to your husband for his assessment today! I got my successful result through this morning after a painstaking 15 day wait! :D

Just a little update, my husband got his positive result through today! 20 days wait.

He also got his IELTS result too so EOI will hopefully going in soon, good luck next week with your PTE ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Just a little update, my husband got his positive result through today! 20 days wait.

He also got his IELTS result too so EOI will hopefully going in soon, good luck next week with your PTE ?

Congrats emma dear !! 

Have u chosen which state or visa u will apply for ??? 

Very good luck !! 

Edited by Waris

54 minutes ago, Waris said:

Congrats emma dear !! 

Have u chosen which state or visa u will apply for ??? 

Very good luck !! 

Hi Waris,

Thanks, feels like we’re slowly getting there ?, we are going for the 190 NSW, will keep you updated!

4 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Hi Waris,

Thanks, feels like we’re slowly getting there ?, we are going for the 190 NSW, will keep you updated!

Good luck buddy .. 

hubby got technical interview on 17 may .. and then let’s see how long the results can take .. once it’s done ..will get to next step 

On 09/05/2018 at 12:03, Emma_M said:

Hi Waris,

Hello ,

hope u doing well

Have u lodged the 190 eoi ?? 

How many points u claimed?? 

What occupation it is ?

16 hours ago, Waris said:

Hello ,

hope u doing well

Have u lodged the 190 eoi ?? 

How many points u claimed?? 

What occupation it is ?

Hi Waris,

No we’ve not put our EOI in yet, just waiting for the certification from vetassess to come through then it will be going in, hopefully this week.

It will be 60 points plus 5 

Welder First Class

20 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Hi Waris,

No we’ve not put our EOI in yet, just waiting for the certification from vetassess to come through then it will be going in, hopefully this week.

It will be 60 points plus 5 

Welder First Class

Welder quite in demand .. good luck .. 

On 18/04/2018 at 09:07, Nakney said:

Hi Nakney,

Just wondered if you received your Australian certificate through yet? We got the positive outcome but still waiting for the actual Australian Certificate 3, ?  

Guest Nakney
1 hour ago, Emma_M said:

Hi Nakney,

Just wondered if you received your Australian certificate through yet? We got the positive outcome but still waiting for the actual Australian Certificate 3, ?  

Hi Emma,

No. I can view an outcome letter when I log into VETASSESS. I'm pretty sure the certificate was sent to my agent as the outcome letter has his address on it, but I haven't seen it so not 100% sure if I even got one. He's submitted my EOI though so I'm assuming he has the certificate as it will be needed.

Maybe log into VETASSESS check the address on the letter and the certificate will probably go to that address? If it's a UK address, I guess it will take a while to arrive. 

I've found them really helpful whenever I've called them so maybe try that? The UK number is 0808 2349 873 and is open 7am - 11am.

Hi,

Yes it was being sent directly to our agent so emailed them today for any news. So just waiting on that before we can submit our EOI, shouldn’t hopefully be much longer. 

I’m assuming you got your required marks on the PTE?? Did you decide to go for the 190 for NSW?

Guest Nakney
6 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Hi,

Yes it was being sent directly to our agent so emailed them today for any news. So just waiting on that before we can submit our EOI, shouldn’t hopefully be much longer. 

I’m assuming you got your required marks on the PTE?? Did you decide to go for the 190 for NSW?

Yeah I got all 90s on PTE so happy with that. We have put down 190 for NSW but I’m pretty sceptical about getting an invite with my points and occupation so going to leave it 6 or 7 months and go back to plan A - 489 for SA if we haven’t had an invite. Are you going for 190 NSW too? Whereabouts are you hoping to move to?

Just seen on the other thread you got your certificate and submitted EOI. Good luck! 

Edited by Nakney

• 1 month later...
On 13/03/2018 at 08:35, Vick said:

Cook

Hi Vick,

I will take my cook technical interview next month, and I'm very nervous, can I ask what sort of questions they ask? I would appreciate your help if you could give me your email ID. I need to ask you many things regarding the technical interview. Since you have already given the exam, you would know how the whole process take place and what exactly do they ask. Please give me your email ID. Thank you

Hi Charlie, i applied for skill assessment as a chef, i worked in U.K for 7 years and now i am aussland working as a chef. i searched all over the internet and this is what i found from different forums.

date of birth, place, your name, about your study(,interoduction) then they will start questioning which are technical. temperature, how you clean your burner, knives, shelves, what is Prepration mean, mise in plus, how many staff members, chairs, tables, electronic equipment, what is critical hazard identification, how you can control, cross -contamination,what will you do if any staff member get sick, what you will do if any conflict will occur among staff, what you do if any electronic equipment doesn't work, recycling, where you keep cleaning products, Show some pictures and asked name of that picture like any dessert, entree, main dish... Types of pasta, sandwich, cutting method. About my experience, pay, how i get my pay, name of members, their positions, coolroom temprature, how we store raw or cooked food, what we will do if food is going to burn in coolroom, personal hygiene, FIFO(first in first out), fridge temprature, what is WPRW(wash peel rewash). All questions running on computer screen step by step but make sure listen them carefully and make eye contact. If you don't understand any question ask them, don't follow screen much because sometimes they ask different question but screen has different.

In australia you can buy books for each competency. I have question for you, how long it take to get through stage 1 and was there any employment verification as i am worried if my previous boss in U.K will answer it (he is mostly out of country on holidays..

and if you need more information let me know, i bought 10 books for now and going through them 

Kind regards

On 02/07/2018 at 00:44, Charlie said:

Hi Vick,

I will take my cook technical interview next month, and I'm very nervous, can I ask what sort of questions they ask? I would appreciate your help if you could give me your email ID. I need to ask you many things regarding the technical interview. Since you have already given the exam, you would know how the whole process take place and what exactly do they ask. Please give me your email ID. Thank you

Hi Charlie, i applied for skill assessment as a chef, i worked in U.K for 7 years and now i am aussland working as a chef. i searched all over the internet and this is what i found from different forums.

date of birth, place, your name, about your study(,interoduction) then they will start questioning which are technical. temperature, how you clean your burner, knives, shelves, what is Prepration mean, mise in plus, how many staff members, chairs, tables, electronic equipment, what is critical hazard identification, how you can control, cross -contamination,what will you do if any staff member get sick, what you will do if any conflict will occur among staff, what you do if any electronic equipment doesn't work, recycling, where you keep cleaning products, Show some pictures and asked name of that picture like any dessert, entree, main dish... Types of pasta, sandwich, cutting method. About my experience, pay, how i get my pay, name of members, their positions, coolroom temprature, how we store raw or cooked food, what we will do if food is going to burn in coolroom, personal hygiene, FIFO(first in first out), fridge temprature, what is WPRW(wash peel rewash). All questions running on computer screen step by step but make sure listen them carefully and make eye contact. If you don't understand any question ask them, don't follow screen much because sometimes they ask different question but screen has different.

In australia you can buy books for each competency. I have question for you, how long it take to get through stage 1 and was there any employment verification as i am worried if my previous boss in U.K will answer it (he is mostly out of country on holidays..

and if you need more information let me know, i bought 10 books for now and going through them 

Kind regards

7 hours ago, garrychandi said:

Kind regards

Look it’s different fir every case .. for us first stage got cleared in a week . And yes they called my husband current employer to check if he works there .. after paying for second stage , got an interview date after 2 weeks which was due after 3 weeks and then waited 10 days for results !! 

So total it was done for us in 2 month 

16 hours ago, Waris said:

Look it’s different fir every case .. for us first stage got cleared in a week . And yes they called my husband current employer to check if he works there .. after paying for second stage , got an interview date after 2 weeks which was due after 3 weeks and then waited 10 days for results !! 

So total it was done for us in 2 month 

Thanks, from which country did you apply. As i mentioned earlier i applied in Australia, been 5 weeks so far, haven't heard anything so far

2 hours ago, garrychandi said:

Thanks, from which country did you apply. As i mentioned earlier i applied in Australia, been 5 weeks so far, haven't heard anything so far

Australia dear !! They taking not longer time now a days !! Why don’t u call their office and they are friendly in helping and assisting !! 

We also did call them when we were waiting !! It was always helpful in calling them .. and we called later when we were waiting for results !!