Vetassess waiting time for technical interview

Emma_M

Guest Nakney

Hi Emma, 

I paid for my interview on 2nd Feb and still haven't heard anything. I called them last week and they said there were some delays so I guess we just have to wait...

33 minutes ago, Nakney said:

Hi Emma, 

I paid for my interview on 2nd Feb and still haven't heard anything. I called them last week and they said there were some delays so I guess we just have to wait...

Hi Nakney,

Yes I guess so, think I’ll just need to get used to the waiting game, I’m so impatient though (check my emails constantly) even though we’re still early on in the whole process!

keep me posted when you hear anything.

Can I ask which visa your applying for etc?

My husbands the main visa applicant, he’s a welder and we’re hoping to move to WA with our 3 children (and 2 dogs!)

Guest Nakney
3 minutes ago, Emma_M said:

Hi Nakney,

Yes I guess so, think I’ll just need to get used to the waiting game, I’m so impatient though (check my emails constantly) even though we’re still early on in the whole process!

keep me posted when you hear anything.

Can I ask which visa your applying for etc?

My husbands the main visa applicant, he’s a welder and we’re hoping to move to WA with our 3 children (and 2 dogs!)

Yeah I'm exactly the same, checking emails constantly and logging into Vetassess to see if anything has changed... 

I'm applying for SA on a 489 as a cook. Hoping to move with my wife, dog and cat.

How is your husband feeling about the technical interview? I'm very nervous. I know my stuff but really worried that my mind will go blank or they will ask me about something I haven't done for ages. I'm also worried in case they take cook off of the list while I'm waiting. Its still showing as green so should be okay but you never know.

33 minutes ago, Nakney said:

Yeah I'm exactly the same, checking emails constantly and logging into Vetassess to see if anything has changed... 

I'm applying for SA on a 489 as a cook. Hoping to move with my wife, dog and cat.

How is your husband feeling about the technical interview? I'm very nervous. I know my stuff but really worried that my mind will go blank or they will ask me about something I haven't done for ages. I'm also worried in case they take cook off of the list while I'm waiting. Its still showing as green so should be okay but you never know.

He’s not really worrying about the technical interview, I’m sure if you know your job you’ll be fine. He is worrying a bit about the English test though as he is dyslexic so spelling and handwriting aren’t his strong points :( Hoping to book that next, have you done this yet?

Im sure you’ll be fine with the list, fingers crossed it doesn’t change.

Edited by Emma_M

Guest Nakney
23 hours ago, Emma_M said:

He’s not really worrying about the technical interview, I’m sure if you know your job you’ll be fine. He is worrying a bit about the English test though as he is dyslexic so spelling and handwriting aren’t his strong points :( Hoping to book that next, have you done this yet?

Im sure you’ll be fine with the list, fingers crossed it doesn’t change.

No I haven’t booked it yet, going to get the skills assessment out of the way first!

There are some practice tests on the IELTS website I think. Might be worth seeing how he finds those. I would have thought they would make some allowances if he’s dyslexic and give him some extra help?

I’ve read on the Bob In Oz website that the Pearson test is easier than IELTS for native English speakers? There’s quite an in depth discussion about it somewhere on their forum, it’s probably worth a read.

6 hours ago, Nakney said:

No I haven’t booked it yet, going to get the skills assessment out of the way first!

There are some practice tests on the IELTS website I think. Might be worth seeing how he finds those. I would have thought they would make some allowances if he’s dyslexic and give him some extra help?

I’ve read on the Bob In Oz website that the Pearson test is easier than IELTS for native English speakers? There’s quite an in depth discussion about it somewhere on their forum, it’s probably worth a read.

Yes our agent has given us a number for someone to give us some help with practice tests and advice. Thanks I’ll have a look at the Pearson test, I’m assuming it doesn’t matter which one you do? 

Guest Nakney

Just to update, I got my technical interview date through today.

3rd April at Visa Bureau office in London.

Hopefully you guys should get yours through soon!

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2018 at 07:35, Nakney said:

Just to update, I got my technical interview date through today.

3rd April at Visa Bureau office in London.

Hopefully you guys should get yours through soon!

Good luck for your interview today. We’re still waiting to receive a date ? that’s been 8 weeks now surely won’t be much longer

• Like 1

Guest Nakney
4 hours ago, Emma_M said:

Good luck for your interview today. We’re still waiting to receive a date ? that’s been 8 weeks now surely won’t be much longer

Thanks! I’ve just finished it. It was the most nervous I’ve ever been but the assessor was really nice and he tried to help me along a little bit so just a painful 10 days ahead of me waiting for the result.

Have you been in touch with them? Eight weeks does seem ages. There is a UK number that you can call before 11am. I’ve called them a couple of times about things and they have been really helpful.

On 14/03/2018 at 16:05, Richard Gregan said:

Vetassess can take a few weeks to a month or more to sort out the interview, depending on availability of the assessor and the occupation.

The person who mentioned 'priority processing' above is wrong. Priority processing is for Vetassess General occupations, not trades.

Regards,

Richard

Hello Richard 

could u plz tell me is motor mechanic eligible for priority based thing ... 

we paid 960 fees for 190 skill assessment .. did we pay for priority base or normal ?? 

Kindky reply !! 

Many thanks 

Guest Nakney
11 hours ago, Emma_M said:

One step closer.

Got our date through this morning for 18th April! ?

That's great! Good luck. :)

1 minute ago, Richard Gregan said:

Hi Waris,

That's the standard processing fee for Vetassess trades. There is no priority option for trades.

Thank u for reply .. we got confirming mail this morning ... hope it get soon