Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Recommended Posts

Hi there,

My partner and I are looking for a visa agent to help with our partner visa application to Australia. 

Can anyone recommend a company to use? Preferably one that has a UK office or contact.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Any of the agents that post regularly on the forum would be a good starting point.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Go Matilda and they were great. The main person we communicated with was Wendy Torjussen and she knows her stuff. Ours was a bit of a complicated application but we are now the proud holders of PR visas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picking an agent is not simple, but make sure they are registered.

Being in the UK is not really required as just like your application it can all be done online.

Not all registered migration agents are good, there are some bad ones.

Research a few and see who you might work best with.

I don't recommend ones that try poach work from applicants that currently have an agent or ones that make wild statements and wont listen to explanations (hardly the type you want talking to your case officer, on your behalf).

In most cases once you engage one you need to depart with a large amount of money for their fee, if not all their fee. So know your agent well before this.

I have used or consulted 4 or 5 over the years - 2 were used and brilliant, the others were consults at least 1 paid and was useless.

There are 6 registered migration agents that I recommend, not sure how many are on this forum - not been here long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The agents who regularly post on the forum and have for a number of years have recommendations from members.

  • Like 1

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/03/2018 at 17:15, Stung said:

Picking an agent is not simple, but make sure they are registered.

Being in the UK is not really required as just like your application it can all be done online.

Not all registered migration agents are good, there are some bad ones.

Research a few and see who you might work best with.

I don't recommend ones that try poach work from applicants that currently have an agent or ones that make wild statements and wont listen to explanations (hardly the type you want talking to your case officer, on your behalf).

In most cases once you engage one you need to depart with a large amount of money for their fee, if not all their fee. So know your agent well before this.

I have used or consulted 4 or 5 over the years - 2 were used and brilliant, the others were consults at least 1 paid and was useless.

There are 6 registered migration agents that I recommend, not sure how many are on this forum - not been here long.

Agree with Ali at the top of my head the agents who have been around for many years and helped many of our members out of dire situations are:

@Richard Gregan @Alan Collett @Raul Senise And @wrussell


If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No interest I assume? - my comment stands.

One I don't know and one I agree is excellent more so in a region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your feedback and suggestions. 

We went with Greg Veal from Taylor Hampton's, as I saw he was recommended by someone else on the forum. 

To be honest it hasn't gotten off to a great start with lots of chasing up and lack of response to emails or phone calls.. Hoping things get a little better as we are aiming to lodge our Souse visa next week!

Thanks again everyone! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rach.m711 said:

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your feedback and suggestions. 

We went with Greg Veal from Taylor Hampton's, as I saw he was recommended by someone else on the forum. 

To be honest it hasn't gotten off to a great start with lots of chasing up and lack of response to emails or phone calls.. Hoping things get a little better as we are aiming to lodge our Souse visa next week!

Thanks again everyone! :) 

Is he personally MARA registered? Not the company, but him personally? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stung said:

No interest I assume? - my comment stands.

One I don't know and one I agree is excellent more so in a region.

They maybe considered that between the above posters, they have helped nearly 100,000 people over decades. Then considered you have made 77 posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Stung said:

No interest I assume? - my comment stands.

One I don't know and one I agree is excellent more so in a region.

You really do have an issue with registered agents don’t you? Like @VERYSTORMY said Alan Collett has been on the forum since 2006, Richard 2008, myself as a member 2008, myself as owner of the forum 2009. Wes and Raul also 2009.

Until 2018 we didn’t have any migration agents advertise on the forum and over the 10 years I’ve been around on here I have seen these 4 agents step in over and over again to help members who have been left high and dry. So please refrain from your attacks when you have belonged to the forum less than 7 weeks. I would also suggest you refresh yourself with our forum rules.

To the OP I apologise for going off topic. I am glad to hear you have now signed up an agent. Sometimes agents hands are also tied when it comes to providing updates, I remember being so impatient and contacting our agent every day for news. No wonder they closed the business once we had our visa lol. Please feel free to start another post or make a comment if you need any further help. I will close this thread now. Good luck with everything, fingers and toes tightly crossed.

 

  • Like 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×