What makes Britain GREAT.

bristolman

3 hours ago, Home and Happy said:

No it was happy days at Port Bouvard...we never caught much fish but we drank lots of VB.   One of the better memories of life down under. 

Good to hear, I apologised on follow up post, I mixed up the the threads, should have gone to spec savers!

On 5/5/2018 at 02:20, newjez said:

No it's not, but it's not worth the price you pay for it in the UK.

Plus, you can get it milking a cow, or pushing a plough, as a matter of fact, I've got it right now.

never seen it in the UK, no one would drink it anyway its a horrible lager.

On 5/6/2018 at 17:49, simmo said:

even aussies call it Vile Brew

Some Aussies perhaps, considering it's one of the highest selling beers in Australia....................personally, I think it's crap and the only thing going for it if you want to get plssed is it's strength

18 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

Some Aussies perhaps, considering it's one of the highest selling beers in Australia....................personally, I think it's crap and the only thing going for it if you want to get plssed is it's strength

It has always been the highest selling beer brand in Australia.

I prefer Carlton Draught though. But if someone offered me VB of course I wouldn't say No.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Parley said:

It has always been the highest selling beer brand in Australia.

I prefer Carlton Draught though. But if someone offered me VB of course I wouldn't say No.

It does seem very popular

Image result for bogan vb

I preferred toohees new.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:01, Johndoe said:

my drink of choice when I was in oz

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 13:46, bristolman said:

https://www.citybaseapartments.com/blog/50-reasons-why-britain-is-great/

When you look through that list it really is impressive, I know those of us living here realise it but so many things are just taken for granted. 

harry and Megan's wedding today ...bloody impressive .

no one does pomp and ceremony ,like the brits

2 billion watching across the globe

run to perfection , great weather , great scenery

had my mom over today to watch it ....very good

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A British national daily newspaper asked readers: "What does it mean to be British?"  Some replies were hilarious, but this one from a resident of Switzerland stood out:

"Being British is about driving a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then going home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American and Australian shows on a Japanese or Korean TV, which will soon be powered by a Chinese power station."
And the most British thing of all?  "Suspicion of anything foreign."

Cheers, Bobj.

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Bobj said:

A British national daily newspaper asked readers: "What does it mean to be British?"  Some replies were hilarious, but this one from a resident of Switzerland stood out:

"Being British is about driving a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then going home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American and Australian shows on a Japanese or Korean TV, which will soon be powered by a Chinese power station."
And the most British thing of all?  "Suspicion of anything foreign."

Cheers, Bobj.

a lot of truth in that bob ...ditto oz in 20 years ....its called globalisation .

one disagreement .....the Australian and American t.v shows ?....i very much doubt it .

in the main ,they are shite .

we still make the beat t.v on the planet here

on a personal note ,the German car ...not for me , grossly overrated .

Irish pubs , don't go in them .

but the general point of the post is very true .

we have the world cup coming up , which always gives me a chuckle .

its very low key this time ,because no one fancies England to do well .....but I love to see all the Japanese , German , French ,Italian and south Korean cars with the England flags on ..

oh the irony

• Like 1