Partner Visa 309/100

Hello,

We are applying for the 309/100 visa in the next month. We have been married for 14 years and have 3 children and have been living here

in the UK for the last 17 years and are ready to return to Australia. My hubby is 54 this year and retired in Jan 18. I am an Aust citizen and longing to be back now.

Please can you help us. We have read the partner booklet and forms and still have some questions.

On form 888, we are confused about what declarations need witnessing and certification.

1. My understanding is the the 888 declarations we get from Australia will need to be witnessed and then a copy of their Australian

passport certified. Is this correct?

2. Do any declarations we get done here in the UK need to be witnessed? (We are doing a few additional declarations).

And do I need copies of their passports with certification as well? 

3. Do we need to submit evidence of the sponsor bank account or the applicants to show funds?

4. The fact that my husband has just retired and receives a pension and that I am unemployed (a at home mum atm with 3 children below 7 years)

Does this impact on the success of his visa at all?

5. We are doing the visa ourselves so if there is any tips on evidence we could submit that would be appreciated.

Thank you. 

Hi,

1. Yes, that is correct. The Form 888 has a section for the certifying person to sign. They also need their australian passport certified. The same person should certify both, as their are certifying that the person who completed the form is the same person represented on the passport.

2. I don't know for sure, but the Form 888 itself says the following:

If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident and you reside outside Australia, your statement cannot be considered a statutory declaration under Australian law, even if it is made using this form or the template provided by the Attorney-General’s Department.

However, under policy, your statement should be witnessed or certified according to the legal practices of the country in which you make the statement. Failing that, it should be witnessed by a person whose occupation or qualification is comparable to those listed above. This person should sign, date and specify their occupation at the bottom of the statement.

And regarding copies of their ID:

Note: If the visa applicant is outside Australia and is unable to have an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident complete this form, any person who knows the applicant and their partner or fiancé(e) may also complete this form.

The person completing this form must provide evidence of their current name, age and, where applicable, Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency (for example, a certified copy of the birth certificate, Australian passport or passport containing a permanent visa). All copies must be certified.

If you are unsure, it might be worth calling and asking? The European Service Centre is open from 1pm-4pm Monday to Friday (UK time) on +44 (0) 2074203690.

3. We haven't been asked for any proof of funds, but I can't speak for everyone. However, I submitted a number of joint bank statements as proof of the financial aspects of our relationship.

4. I don't know for sure, but as sponsor you are responsible for financially supporting the applicant (if required) for 2 years, as he will not be entitled to any state benefits for that period. I imagine you might, in this instance, be asked to demonstrate how he will be supported.

5. You'll need copies of your passports, birth certificates, driving licences (if you list them on the form) and marriage certificate. I was also asked to provide my son's birth certificate. You can do this now and save yourself time later. I scanned all these in advance and just uploaded them when they were asked for. 

In terms of evidence, you could start collecting joint bank statements. If you do online banking, you might be able to download PDF copies of your statements which would save a bit of hassle. 

I also submitted airline bookings for the last 2 years as evidence, to demonstrate that we travel together as a family, and photos of us at our destinations. I also uploaded a PDF of our social media interactions, as there are plenty photos on facebook where we are tagged together with others. If you and your husband are active on Facebook, just go to facebook.com/us and print the page to PDF (You'll need to have added your relationship to facebook for this to work of course).

All of the above is just based on my own experience thus far, so your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Rob

34 minutes ago, RobC269 said:

Hi,

1. Yes, that is correct. The Form 888 has a section for the certifying person to sign. They also need their australian passport certified. The same person should certify both, as their are certifying that the person who completed the form is the same person represented on the passport.

2. I don't know for sure, but the Form 888 itself says the following:

And regarding copies of their ID:

If you are unsure, it might be worth calling and asking? The European Service Centre is open from 1pm-4pm Monday to Friday (UK time) on +44 (0) 2074203690.

3. We haven't been asked for any proof of funds, but I can't speak for everyone. However, I submitted a number of joint bank statements as proof of the financial aspects of our relationship.

4. I don't know for sure, but as sponsor you are responsible for financially supporting the applicant (if required) for 2 years, as he will not be entitled to any state benefits for that period. I imagine you might, in this instance, be asked to demonstrate how he will be supported.

5. You'll need copies of your passports, birth certificates, driving licences (if you list them on the form) and marriage certificate. I was also asked to provide my son's birth certificate. You can do this now and save yourself time later. I scanned all these in advance and just uploaded them when they were asked for. 

In terms of evidence, you could start collecting joint bank statements. If you do online banking, you might be able to download PDF copies of your statements which would save a bit of hassle. 

I also submitted airline bookings for the last 2 years as evidence, to demonstrate that we travel together as a family, and photos of us at our destinations. I also uploaded a PDF of our social media interactions, as there are plenty photos on facebook where we are tagged together with others. If you and your husband are active on Facebook, just go to facebook.com/us and print the page to PDF (You'll need to have added your relationship to facebook for this to work of course).

All of the above is just based on my own experience thus far, so your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Rob

RobC any more info above “ Further investigation “ ??? 

Mines is still there and it’s doing my head in and it has only been from the 15th of February I submitted my info . Impatient to say the least . 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the response! We have submitted our online application now and it says received on my partners one and submitted on mine. We are uploading all the identity, evidence and declarations etc for both by next week as were awaiting the Aust declarations.  

I spoke to customer service desk twice and was told there is no need for any certification of any of my documents in UK and only a colour scan is needed when applying online. My declarations/statements by friends in the UK also can be typed of blank paper and just signed/dated and scanned with a colour scan of their passport.

Basically I'm scanning everything in colour and uploading as I don't think they require any originals sent over if you're applying online, perhaps only the police check which they haven't asked for from my partner. 

They did upon receipt of my partners application ask for him to organise a health check so that has now been scheduled for Monday, hurray! 

Good Luck for a speedy approval all, hope they aren't overwhelmed so we all get fast responses. 

I'll keep you updated on our progress....yes I also check for updates every few days :) !!

11 hours ago, DufusJufus77 said:

Thanks for all the response! We have submitted our online application now and it says received on my partners one and submitted on mine. We are uploading all the identity, evidence and declarations etc for both by next week as were awaiting the Aust declarations.  

I spoke to customer service desk twice and was told there is no need for any certification of any of my documents in UK and only a colour scan is needed when applying online. My declarations/statements by friends in the UK also can be typed of blank paper and just signed/dated and scanned with a colour scan of their passport.

Basically I'm scanning everything in colour and uploading as I don't think they require any originals sent over if you're applying online, perhaps only the police check which they haven't asked for from my partner. 

They did upon receipt of my partners application ask for him to organise a health check so that has now been scheduled for Monday, hurray! 

Good Luck for a speedy approval all, hope they aren't overwhelmed so we all get fast responses. 

I'll keep you updated on our progress....yes I also check for updates every few days :) !!

Hi there , with the police checks for UK and my husbands Australian one all we done was  colour scan them also . 

Be prepared for a possible quick decision . From start to finish mines was  granted in four weeks . I was granted my PR subclass 100 straight away , yesterday. 

My background was

married 2015

daughter born 2016 / Son 2017 ( duel citizens ) 

Hello 

My wife received her Partner visa 309 yesterday after 2 months and a half from applying ..!!   it was such a formidable news for us :D

Timeline:

Application logged online: 28/12/2017

Police check done after 3 days, and health check done also after 1 month

Case officer was assigned in 18/02/2018

The case officer asked for German police certificate to be provided , because my wife lived in Germany for more than 12 months

Visa granted in 19/03/2018

Best of luck to everyone 

• Like 1

That's great and reassuring!

We were asked to do a police check yesterday.

In UK processing time is 40 days regardless of whether you want an email certificate or postal one,

but Immi have asked for uploads within 28 days....

We attached the receipt email as evidence. Hope the certificate will be emailed sooner.

2 hours ago, DufusJufus77 said:

That's great and reassuring!

We were asked to do a police check yesterday.

In UK processing time is 40 days regardless of whether you want an email certificate or postal one,

but Immi have asked for uploads within 28 days....

We attached the receipt email as evidence. Hope the certificate will be emailed sooner.

I got my ACRO certificates in 2 days by post using the express service.. are you sure you used the right link?

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx 

Edited by Jon the Hat

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information!

It turns out we applied for the subject access by error. Luckily I called to check up on the express service you mentioned and they 

confirmed we should have applied for the Police Certificate. So we were able to receive these after 10 days in UK and have now submitted them.

It's just a waiting game now:)

How long did it take after submitting everything, for Immi to approve your visas?

Also how do they do they approval...is it an email/postal letter first and then you have to get your passport stamped later on.

Thank you....not hearing anything back now is a bit disconcerting....

6 hours ago, DufusJufus77 said:

How long did it take after submitting everything, for Immi to approve your visas?

Also how do they do they approval...is it an email/postal letter first and then you have to get your passport stamped later on.

They do not stamp passports these days. The visa is totally electronic.

10 hours ago, DufusJufus77 said:

It’s totally normal not to hear anything. They contact you if they need to. Otherwise it’s just a waiting game.

Hello everyone 

need a suggestion 

a day ago I have been granted 309 partner offshore visa. 

My relationship with my partner nearly 3 years so I was expecting I’ll get 100 ( permanent resident visa)

should I ask my case officer who grant me the visa? 

Is that a good idea to ask case officer?

thsnks regards

Hello everyone 
need a suggestion 
a day ago I have been granted 309 partner offshore visa. 
My relationship with my partner nearly 3 years so I was expecting I’ll get 100 ( permanent resident visa)
should I ask my case officer who grant me the visa? 
Is that a good idea to ask case officer?
thsnks regards
If you have no children i believe to get a 100 the relationship must be over 3 years to go straight to 100. (I am sure a senior member can confirm)
Therefore if you are only together nearly 3 years you wouldnt qualify is my understanding.
The cost of the 100 is wrapped in the 309 application anyway and i believe you can do everything on a 309 you can on a 100...so unfortunatly it is just a bit more of a wait.
Congrats on a 309 sucess though. Been a while since we had some approvals on here.

27 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

If you have no children i believe to get a 100 the relationship must be over 3 years to go straight to 100. (I am sure a senior member can confirm)
Therefore if you are only together nearly 3 years you wouldnt qualify is my understanding.
The cost of the 100 is wrapped in the 309 application anyway and i believe you can do everything on a 309 you can on a 100...so unfortunatly it is just a bit more of a wait.
Congrats on a 309 sucess though. Been a while since we had some approvals on here.

Correct.Its 2 years with children, 3 years without. 

8 hours ago, DufusJufus77 said:

@Unleaded - Can I ask... when did you submit your application?

I'm hoping that we would be granted 100 straight away considering our circumstances.

Thanks for posting the info!

You've been married a long time. 

FWIW we'd been married about 7 years or so at time of application and had a child together and I got the 100. 

Hey. This maybe a daft question so apologies in advance. If we apply in May and have the sponsor AFP and UK police check back in June (say 8th June) and the applicants UK police check and medical back on the same day (say 8th July) would first entry for visa validation be by June or July the following year??? Thanks

4 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:

Hey. This maybe a daft question so apologies in advance. If we apply in May and have the sponsor AFP and UK police check back in June (say 8th June) and the applicants UK police check and medical back on the same day (say 8th July) would first entry for visa validation be by June or July the following year??? Thanks

It’s usually been from the date of the medical or police check, whichever is done first. However, your visa grant letter should list the make first entry by and so on when granted to give you confirmation of your timeframe in which to validate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry i have another question.
Can someone other than a partner or the applicant pay for the application.
Basically our UK bank will charge us 3% for a non sterling transaction fee. I can paypal a friend/family member the $7,000AUD who lives in australia and has a bank account in AUD but can they pay on my behalf if i have their card details???
I know its cheeky but its £130 that could be spent on something else!!!!
I promise we are scanning docs as sending this message so will stop asking questions soon and start posting stats!!!!!