309 / 100 granted in 23 calendar days (UK)

Dispo

Hi everyone,

Just have a quick question regarding uploading forms for Visa 309. Forms 47sp ( applicant ) and 40 ( sponsor ) should still be scanned and attached?

I realised the questions asked and information needed are the same with the form and online.

Hoping to submit finally the online application tonight before the maintenance scheduled tomorrow.

6 hours ago, J-J said:

Ours was approved in 24 Days and we didn't use an agent. 

28th Jan to the 21st Feb 2018

Did you write a lot of dialogue?  I have loads of evidence, photos, proof of our very long term marriage but I'm not a very wordy person i.e. a few sentences for each point they want covered about our relationship. 

9 hours ago, jicms said:

Did you write a lot of dialogue?  I have loads of evidence, photos, proof of our very long term marriage but I'm not a very wordy person i.e. a few sentences for each point they want covered about our relationship. 

We rote 2 statements in think, one about how the household relationship works and one about how we met. 

To be honest we didn't rite a lot. What we did do was scan a lot of bank statement (a selection over the last 3 years), joint cards, joint travel docs. 

Due to our living arrangements (on a family farm) we don't even have any joint utility bills or rental agreements. 

So for the 47SP I filled in the PDF version ready to be uploaded, but when my agent created the Immi account and created the application it resulted in an online version of the 47SP that needed to be filled in and as a result my PDF version wasnt uploaded. An interesting quirk of the online 47SP was that it differed from the downloadable PDF version and was dated 2013 (I think) - but it was created by the application process so there was no chance of it being the wrong version.

For statements my agent said about a joint statement but I had read that individual statements were better so we did those. We had also researched what should be included in the way of 'evidence'. For actual evidence I had compiled all sorts of stuff, holiday photos, boarding passes from a recent holiday. etc etc. but my agent said (depending on the CO you got) that they were much more interested in financial evidence and in the end we submitted 3 years worth of bank statements (only 1 year as a joint account), bills and utility bills in separate names but common address going back 12 months, payslips going back as far as we could, all sorts of stuff to support the co-habitation and therefore the de-facto.

This also contradicted some of the other stuff I had read that put more emphasis on social evidence.

The online version of the 47SP has sections that cover what is supposedly required in the statement, each has a 2000 character limit. My statement was uploaded but I also copied the text from my statement into the online form and where one section didnt fit cut the word count down and said refer to my statement for full detail.

The more I read the more I believe that there is no right answer, its luck of the CO looking at the case and what their preference is for meaningful evidence.

• 2 months later...
On 09/03/2018 at 18:14, Dispo said:

So for the 47SP I filled in the PDF version ready to be uploaded, but when my agent created the Immi account and created the application it resulted in an online version of the 47SP that needed to be filled in and as a result my PDF version wasnt uploaded. An interesting quirk of the online 47SP was that it differed from the downloadable PDF version and was dated 2013 (I think) - but it was created by the application process so there was no chance of it being the wrong version.

For statements my agent said about a joint statement but I had read that individual statements were better so we did those. We had also researched what should be included in the way of 'evidence'. For actual evidence I had compiled all sorts of stuff, holiday photos, boarding passes from a recent holiday. etc etc. but my agent said (depending on the CO you got) that they were much more interested in financial evidence and in the end we submitted 3 years worth of bank statements (only 1 year as a joint account), bills and utility bills in separate names but common address going back 12 months, payslips going back as far as we could, all sorts of stuff to support the co-habitation and therefore the de-facto.

This also contradicted some of the other stuff I had read that put more emphasis on social evidence.

The online version of the 47SP has sections that cover what is supposedly required in the statement, each has a 2000 character limit. My statement was uploaded but I also copied the text from my statement into the online form and where one section didnt fit cut the word count down and said refer to my statement for full detail.

The more I read the more I believe that there is no right answer, its luck of the CO looking at the case and what their preference is for meaningful evidence.

Would you be able to share ages and background of yourself and partner? 

Application submitted 2 weeks ago and medical and police checks last week. Praying we here something in the next few months as a job offer which will only be held until October. 

9 minutes ago, ATE said:

Application submitted 2 weeks ago and medical and police checks last week. Praying we here something in the next few months as a job offer which will only be held until October. 

Sorry just realised there were other pages ?

On 29/05/2018 at 19:13, ATE said:

Hi ATE, we submitted 309/100 on April 18th and haven’t heard anything yet. It was all front loaded (medical, police etc all done and uploaded) and we used an agent. We have been married 8 years, I’m an Aussie, husband is from U.K., our son is dual national. The agent said that because it’s all front loaded, we won’t hear anything until it’s granted. Also, the visa numbers apparently go from July to July every year so this time of year it’s slowing down...hopemits not too slow! I hate the wait! Hope yours is quick and simple! 

Hi all,

We have submitted our visa through an agent. Are we able to check the status of it online, or is that all done through the agent ? 

Seeing mixed reviews on timelines, praying for it to be under 6. 

Thanks

• Like 1

On 31/05/2018 at 14:39, Askem81 said:

Hi ATE, we submitted 309/100 on April 18th and haven’t heard anything yet. It was all front loaded (medical, police etc all done and uploaded) and we used an agent. We have been married 8 years, I’m an Aussie, husband is from U.K., our son is dual national. The agent said that because it’s all front loaded, we won’t hear anything until it’s granted. Also, the visa numbers apparently go from July to July every year so this time of year it’s slowing down...hopemits not too slow! I hate the wait! Hope yours is quick and simple! 

Thanks for this, do you even get told if your assigned a case officer. 

What timeline expectations did your agent give you ? 

1 hour ago, ATE said:

If the visa is frontloaded and they don't want any more info you won't hear from a case officer at all until they make a decision.

18 minutes ago, ATE said:

Final one, if applying from UK can you speak to the embassy to ask about timelines? 

As number on website and and then the help desk they direct you to no longer works.

They are not there to give out information about applications. FWIW, there used to be (before a website revamp and it all moving over to the Aus immi site) a note on the Aus High Commission website to not contact them regarding processing times as they could not answer that sort of question. They were pretty clear on it. 

You used a migration agent. AFAIK, any contact should be made via them. 

You've lodged your application, done medical and police checks and unless there is anything else a CO needs, you probably won't hear anything till grant time.

Processing times are given on the immi website and when you lodged you should have been aware of them. That grants sped up for a while and many were coming through quicker doesn't mean that is the case for everyone or that things won't suddenly change and revert to following closer to the actual stated timelines.

That you have a job offer is not immigrations concern. You really should not make those sorts of plans till the visa is in hand and you know you can actually migrate. Doing that sort of thing so far ahead leaves you open to a lot of stress and quite possibly a big disappointment. They again used to advise, quite clearly to not do big life changing things (quit job, sell house etc) till the visa was granted. 

Applicants don't have any control over the processing timeline and so often I read of people thinking a month or two is a long time after lodging and wanting to hear something, but 9 months plus was the norm until they recently got a shift on and sent lots to be processed elsewhere. I guess people sit and fret about it because its out of their hands and in someone else's. I don't see the point in calendar watching tbh as your application is not someone else's and no one can second guess how long it might take. Its a rather futile thing to do IMHO. It is what it is and if the job offer is missed, its missed. Hopefully the grant will be through before then but you can't bank on it or expect it. 

On 02/06/2018 at 21:38, ATE said:

Hi ATE, we were advised by our agent that processing is currently very fast for U.K. couples with ‘easy’ cases because the processing is - apparently - being done in London...subcontracted out so to speak. She said we may have the visa by the summer but obviously this is subject to so many things, as Snifter has pointed out. However, because she’s said this, I am sort of hoping it may actually be quite quick. We need the visa as quickly as possible for personal reasons and went via this route rather than the skilled visa, which was also an option for us, but would have taken longer even though it was far cheaper. Anyway, my agent has emailed me last week saying because everything was uploaded at the start that we won’t even know anything until the decision is made. However, we didn’t know that until last week so it’s all new to me! All the very, very best. X

On 02/06/2018 at 21:38, ATE said:

• 1 month later...

Hi all, 

Just wondered if anyone has had anything granted in the last few weeks? I applied via my Immi-account and received an immediate prompt to book my medical. My timeline is below, I've heard there have been some really fast grants for UK applicants from the beginning of this year but everyone seems to have gone very quiet. We were naively hoping we might be able to move around October this year. Application just says received and I received an automated email response to confirm the same.

Thanks and fingers crossed!

Lodgement Date - 30.05.18

Medical Completed - 22.06.18

Medical Cleared - 25.06.18

ACRO uploaded - 06.07.18

On 31/05/2018 at 14:39, Askem81 said:

I'd be interested to see if yours has come through now ? Sounds like a similar case to mine and we got it in 4 weeks 

9 hours ago, xmascreek said:

I'd be interested to see if yours has come through now ? Sounds like a similar case to mine and we got it in 4 weeks 

Hi xmascreek, unfortunately not. We are still waiting. Can you describe your case in a little more detail? Did you use an agent? Many thanks and congratulations on getting yours! 

On 17/07/2018 at 15:52, GemTrae said:

Hi all, 

Just wondered if anyone has had anything granted in the last few weeks? I applied via my Immi-account and received an immediate prompt to book my medical. My timeline is below, I've heard there have been some really fast grants for UK applicants from the beginning of this year but everyone seems to have gone very quiet. We were naively hoping we might be able to move around October this year. Application just says received and I received an automated email response to confirm the same.

ACRO uploaded - 06.07.18

Who knows?  You might be lucky.  I have been just over 4 months now.

On 18 July 2018 at 00:52, GemTrae said:

Hi all, 

ACRO uploaded - 06.07.18

I just want to clarify - Was the "immediate prompt for medical" the standard letter that appears in everyone's Immi once you lodge, or was it an email from a Case Officer asking you to book your medical? When you apply online, you get an immediate acknowledgement and also a letter appears in the Immi account explaining about the medical, but this is not the same as receiving an email from a Case Officer asking for the medical (as they will email you normally requesting meds and police checks at the same time)..... 

When a Case Officer takes on your account, the account normally changes from Received to Being Assessed or something like that, then In Progress then Granted. 

Edited by Beffers

20 minutes ago, Beffers said:

I just want to clarify - Was the "immediate prompt for medical" the standard letter that appears in everyone's Immi once you lodge, or was it an email from a Case Officer asking you to book your medical? When you apply online, you get an immediate acknowledgement and also a letter appears in the Immi account explaining about the medical, but this is not the same as receiving an email from a Case Officer asking for the medical (as they will email you normally requesting meds and police checks at the same time)..... 

When a Case Officer takes on your account, the account normally changes from Received to Being Assessed or something like that, then In Progress then Granted. 

Hi there, do you know if you’ve used an agent, if you can access your Immi account? My agent has been so unhelpful and I’d like to see what status my case is at this point (ie received, assessed etc).  Many thanks in advance. 

4 minutes ago, Askem81 said:

Hi there, do you know if you’ve used an agent, if you can access your Immi account? My agent has been so unhelpful and I’d like to see what status my case is at this point (ie received, assessed etc).  Many thanks in advance. 

It will have been submitted on the agent's immi account I think.  Honestly not worth irritating your agent to ask, and from other post on here some case officers don't seem to update the status anyway ;it can go straight from received to grant if you provided everything already.

1 minute ago, Jon the Hat said:

It will have been submitted on the agent's immi account I think.  Honestly not worth irritating your agent to ask, and from other post on here some case officers don't seem to update the status anyway ;it can go straight from received to grant if you provided everything already.

Thanks for that - I guess it’s worth just holding on. I’m so frustrated at the dramatic increase in processing time. When we lodged it was 4 - 6 months and now 21 - 26 months. Hard to take in! 

Wow, I’m honestly blown away reading how quickly some of your visa were approved! Very happy for you all. We have a pretty straight forward case: husband is Aus by birth, 2 duel national kids, married 6 years, all info provided in completed application... in October2017! Medical was submitted April2018 . Still waiting. 

22 minutes ago, Sammcpf said:

Wow, I’m honestly blown away reading how quickly some of your visa were approved! Very happy for you all. We have a pretty straight forward case: husband is Aus by birth, 2 duel national kids, married 6 years, all info provided in completed application... in October2017! Medical was submitted April2018 . Still waiting. 

Good luck. Fingers crossed you hear soon.