PG DIp in Nursing

Jen3103

On 6 August 2018 at 12:11, LeeH said:

I had the same problem! They accepted what I resent though ?

Booking flight this week probably.

They've accepted my qualification (YAYYYY)

I got my letter in principle this week so just about to book flights over - how are you getting around proof of australian address? 

Im flying over solely to present in person and will be staying in a hotel for 2 weeks. 

When are you flying over?

Just about to start the ANMAC process now, how are you finding that? 

Speak soon

On 20/08/2018 at 18:24, Jen3103 said:

how are you getting around proof of australian address? 

When are you flying over?

Just about to start the ANMAC process now, how are you finding that?

- I'm staying with a friend on the Central Coast, so will be using his address.

- I'm arriving beginning of September and staying for the month! Might plan a few trips here and there to give my friend a break!

- ANMAC is fine if you've got the letter in principle from AHPRA and you're referees provide you with references.

23 hours ago, LeeH said:

- I'm staying with a friend on the Central Coast, so will be using his address.

- I'm arriving beginning of September and staying for the month! Might plan a few trips here and there to give my friend a break!

- ANMAC is fine if you've got the letter in principle from AHPRA and you're referees provide you with references.

Hope you have a lovely time away and manage to get everything sorted without any hiccups. Keep us updated on how you get along. 

Im going over in October to Perth for 2 weeks, I've opened up a bank account and going to put a friend's address down for bank details and hope and pray that its sufficient for AHPRA. 

Jen x

• 3 months later...

Hello all! I have A PGdip in mental health nursing, qualified a year.. i started applying for APHRA in June and after 6 frustrating months i finally have been to present in person! They didn’t mention they had any problems with it being a PGdip but maybe that’s why it took so long! Either way big relief - I’ve been in Melbourne for a month now just waiting! 

The message is don’t give up 😊

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just read this thread for the first time. The bumps you've had sounds similar to teaching as there are new ways to qualify as a teacher in the UK. Perseverance is the key, it seems to take Australia a while to keep up to date with the UK's qualifications. That said it is entirely their decision whether to do this. I'm glad this is working out for you guys. There's many who do new style qualifications and aren't so lucky.

It's worth it when you get here!

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 01/01/2019 at 15:11, Jen3103 said:

Great update lbaker,

I got through ahpra and ANMAC with a PG Dip no problems so don’t let it stop you. 

Started off the process in April 2018 and took around 8 months in total! 

Hey that is encouraging news!

I have a Psychology degree and did a post graduate diploma in mental health nursing.

Wanting to apply for aphra but put off by the uncertainty that my qualifications will be recognised.

Any tips? What was your experience?

• 5 months later...

I have Post Graduate Diploma in Nursing Adult from UK. Previous Degree in Business from The Open University and got pre- registration from Ahpra and “suitable for skilled migration” from ANMAC last month. Now travelling to show in person. I did send them a detailed course description and ANMAC asked for Ahpra pre-reg reference before approving.