Eastern Melbourne Suburbs with train lines into CBD

WheresWhalleys

Hello,

I’m moving with my husband and two (two and four years) children to Melbourne in a fortnight. My husband will be working in the CBD. 

I like the sound of a quiet, leafy Eastern suburb but it needs to have a train station close enough to bike or walk as we are only planning on having one car that I shall mainly use.

Donvale and Warrandyte sound lovely and real estate looks great with nice big gardens (our dog will be joining us in June) however these look only bus commutes so disappointingly no good!

i like the idea of being fairly central in Melbourne so can travel around in either direction. We’ve booked a months accommodation in Frankston as this is the furthest point my husband would realistically commute.

Could anyone help me identify the leafy family friendly and excellent train link eatern suburbs please?

Im not ruling out beach living but we have areas sussed from a post my husband put up a few weeks back!

Thank you

Belgrave or Lilydale line is what you are after.

It depends on your budget.

Probably look east of Box Hill out to Ringwood or Croydon.

Suburbs like Blackburn, Nunawading, Mitcham, Ringwood and surrounds.

I live in the Eastern Suburbs and think it is probably the best train line to be on.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Not sure if your already using them but domain.com and realestate.com are great websites for looking at houses both rental and for sale. They can give you a good idea of what you will expect to pay and availability in the suburbs you pick out, before you get here.

Cal x

Easier said than done. I just tried to search Mount Waverley/Chadstone on realestate.com.au and there are very few prices. Everything is up for auction of price on application. Only thing I can suggest for the OP is to look at the list of sold property.

10 hours ago, Melbpom said:

Easier said than done. I just tried to search Mount Waverley/Chadstone on realestate.com.au and there are very few prices. Everything is up for auction of price on application. Only thing I can suggest for the OP is to look at the list of sold property.

Something I have done is put an upper price limit in the search and that will show properties that are listed below that price. Even if the price is not listed the agent has to provide a price guide to the website, so it sits in the background but still informs the users search. Does that make sense? Start with a really low or really high price as the maximum and then gradually increase or reduce it and you’ll see the options of houses available change. It’s a bit of a blunt tool but might help.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

Something I have done is put an upper price limit in the search and that will show properties that are listed below that price. Even if the price is not listed the agent has to provide a price guide to the website, so it sits in the background but still informs the users search. Does that make sense? Start with a really low or really high price as the maximum and then gradually increase or reduce it and you’ll see the options of houses available change. It’s a bit of a blunt tool but might help.

To add to this click on the “Statement of Information “ for each property as that has a price range in it as part of the underquoting laws, even if no price is on the main advert.