Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Sunset

Two years old

Recommended Posts

A northern terrotories child aged two as been raped by a 27yr old man. Will the dogooders now stop with the anti removal of aboriginal kids at risk up there? Sadly this is not a single event it's going on to many times ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sunset said:

A northern terrotories child aged two as been raped by a 27yr old man. Will the dogooders now stop with the anti removal of aboriginal kids at risk up there? Sadly this is not a single event it's going on to many times ?

I am surprised it is being talked about ... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, the bottler said:

I am surprised it is being talked about ... 

Watching Andrew  bolt earlier and he's correct the ABC will never admit the problem.this poor child as left hospital and been placed back with the parents ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sunset said:

Watching Andrew  bolt earlier and he's correct the ABC will never admit the problem.this poor child as left hospital and been placed back with the parents ???

it is like the grooming gangs in the U.K. ... police not allowed to do anything ... not allowed to talk about it ... not in the news ... went on for years ... still not sure it can be talked / posted about ... jumped on and called racist ...

the same with the domestic abuse / sexual abuse / alcohol abuse / drug addiction that has been going on for years in the aboriginal communities ... this lastest rape was on the news today but the cause of all the above abuse blamed on lack of money from the government / poor housing etc ... etc ... etc ... same old ... same old excuses for their behaviour that has been going on for years ... unlikely to ever change ... I did hear in one town they were going to have safe houses for the children to go to in the evening ... but they still have to go back home ...

I am not racist ... but it sickens me that this abuse is allowed to happen because of the fear of offending and being called racist ... 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the bottler said:

it is like the grooming gangs in the U.K. ... police not allowed to do anything ... not allowed to talk about it ... not in the news ... went on for years ... still not sure it can be talked / posted about ... jumped on and called racist ...

the same with the domestic abuse / sexual abuse / alcohol abuse / drug addiction that has been going on for years in the aboriginal communities ... this lastest rape was on the news today but the cause of all the above abuse blamed on lack of money from the government / poor housing etc ... etc ... etc ... same old ... same old excuses for their behaviour that has been going on for years ... unlikely to ever change ... I did hear in one town they were going to have safe houses for the children to go to in the evening ... but they still have to go back home ...

I am not racist ... but it sickens me that this abuse is allowed to happen because of the fear of offending and being called racist ... 

100 plus more cases in the UK ? calling me a racist for highlighting child rape does not worry me at all people who shout the racist card are the ones in denial and they are as sick as the rapists ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sunset said:

A northern terrotories child aged two as been raped by a 27yr old man. Will the dogooders now stop with the anti removal of aboriginal kids at risk up there? Sadly this is not a single event it's going on to many times ?

I'm a do gooder. Children shouldn't be in dangerous situation. It's not a question of race.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sunset said:

100 plus more cases in the UK ? calling me a racist for highlighting child rape does not worry me at all people who shout the racist card are the ones in denial and they are as sick as the rapists ?

I really don't think anybody protecting children can be called racist.

The cases in the UK were largely a failure of the police to understand grooming, and the failure of social services. Even after the fact they tried to cover everything up.

Possibly it's a lack of training with the police and social services in how to deal with race.

But at the end of the day, if a child is in danger, that child needs to be protected.

Is there sufficient funding to do that though? I don't imagine it would be cheap.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, newjez said:

I really don't think anybody protecting children can be called racist.

The cases in the UK were largely a failure of the police to understand grooming, and the failure of social services. Even after the fact they tried to cover everything up.

Possibly it's a lack of training with the police and social services in how to deal with race.

But at the end of the day, if a child is in danger, that child needs to be protected.

Is there sufficient funding to do that though? I don't imagine it would be cheap.

Nothing to do with funding

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, newjez said:

I really don't think anybody protecting children can be called racist.

The cases in the UK were largely a failure of the police to understand grooming, and the failure of social services. Even after the fact they tried to cover everything up.

Possibly it's a lack of training with the police and social services in how to deal with race.

But at the end of the day, if a child is in danger, that child needs to be protected.

Is there sufficient funding to do that though? I don't imagine it would be cheap.

Sadly mate the coloured people of this world and the dogooders do call out people of differing skin colours for wanting to protect there own it's the easy way out of getting away with things as they know it's a srnsitive subject that is 'on point' at the moment ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem lies with  the Child protection Agency having it's hands tied in legislation that says that a priority in placing a child in need of protection must be that it is placed within it's own cultural group. Peter Beatty attempted to legislate against this and he said something akin to, "Damn  cultural sensitivities, the kids safety comes first" What became of it I don't know because I opted out of fostering partially because of CPA rules at that time.

I had 3 siblings placed with me one morning because one of them had been "caned" across the back by the (Islander) grandmother and the school had reported the child's injuries. By evening, they were returned to the parent's because the Family court wouldn't issue a care order because the grandmother had administered,, "culturally acceptable punishment in absence of the parents" I found out later that another one of the siblings had been hospitalised due to "culturally acceptable punishment"

"tippy toeing" around cultural issues is one of the main factors IMHO for abuse in indigenous communities............abuse committed, in the main, by family members. Take one indigenous child into care and the priority is to place it with family members..............Errrrrrrrrrrrm??? Doesn't most abuse arrive from family members? So we place a child in a family where the extended family has a history of abuse!!!:sad: The abused family members go on to abuse ad finitum where there is little or no education re what is acceptable and what isn't and cultural sensitivities (accusations of racism) often prevent the subject being broached at an early educational level. Petrol sniffing, other substance abuse etc is also a factor.............there's a whole range of issues that need to be addressed on a "humanity" level, without hindrance from cultural/ethnic sensitivities

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

See my art here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.smugmug.com/

Copies free to PIO members. PM me for details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Johndoe said:

The problem lies with  the Child protection Agency having it's hands tied in legislation that says that a priority in placing a child in need of protection must be that it is placed within it's own cultural group. Peter Beatty attempted to legislate against this and he said something akin to, "Damn  cultural sensitivities, the kids safety comes first" What became of it I don't know because I opted out of fostering partially because of CPA rules at that time.

I had 3 siblings placed with me one morning because one of them had been "caned" across the back by the (Islander) grandmother and the school had reported the child's injuries. By evening, they were returned to the parent's because the Family court wouldn't issue a care order because the grandmother had administered,, "culturally acceptable punishment in absence of the parents" I found out later that another one of the siblings had been hospitalised due to "culturally acceptable punishment"

"tippy toeing" around cultural issues is one of the main factors IMHO for abuse in indigenous communities............abuse committed, in the main, by family members. Take one indigenous child into care and the priority is to place it with family members..............Errrrrrrrrrrrm??? Doesn't most abuse arrive from family members? So we place a child in a family where the extended family has a history of abuse!!!:sad: The abused family members go on to abuse ad finitum where there is little or no education re what is acceptable and what isn't and cultural sensitivities (accusations of racism) often prevent the subject being broached at an early educational level. Petrol sniffing, other substance abuse etc is also a factor.............there's a whole range of issues that need to be addressed on a "humanity" level, without hindrance from cultural/ethnic sensitivities

Similar issues here. 1000s of reported cases of FGM.. not one prosecution.

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, simmo said:

Nothing to do with funding

Shouldn't be, but it always is. You can't magic money for prevention, but there always seems to be money for prosecution.

Edited by newjez
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, newjez said:

Shouldn't be, but it always is. You can't magic money for prevention, but there always seems to be money for prosecution.

Aussie govs for decades have been throwing good money after bad at the Aboriginal problem.  Funding is not the problem, what is required is a new approach. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Johndoe said:

The problem lies with  the Child protection Agency having it's hands tied in legislation that says that a priority in placing a child in need of protection must be that it is placed within it's own cultural group. Peter Beatty attempted to legislate against this and he said something akin to, "Damn  cultural sensitivities, the kids safety comes first" What became of it I don't know because I opted out of fostering partially because of CPA rules at that time.

I had 3 siblings placed with me one morning because one of them had been "caned" across the back by the (Islander) grandmother and the school had reported the child's injuries. By evening, they were returned to the parent's because the Family court wouldn't issue a care order because the grandmother had administered,, "culturally acceptable punishment in absence of the parents" I found out later that another one of the siblings had been hospitalised due to "culturally acceptable punishment"

"tippy toeing" around cultural issues is one of the main factors IMHO for abuse in indigenous communities............abuse committed, in the main, by family members. Take one indigenous child into care and the priority is to place it with family members..............Errrrrrrrrrrrm??? Doesn't most abuse arrive from family members? So we place a child in a family where the extended family has a history of abuse!!!:sad: The abused family members go on to abuse ad finitum where there is little or no education re what is acceptable and what isn't and cultural sensitivities (accusations of racism) often prevent the subject being broached at an early educational level. Petrol sniffing, other substance abuse etc is also a factor.............there's a whole range of issues that need to be addressed on a "humanity" level, without hindrance from cultural/ethnic sensitivities

That is just disgraceful. **** culture. Culture is what you come from. Not where you are going to. The child should always come first.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Johndoe said:

The problem lies with  the Child protection Agency having it's hands tied in legislation that says that a priority in placing a child in need of protection must be that it is placed within it's own cultural group. Peter Beatty attempted to legislate against this and he said something akin to, "Damn  cultural sensitivities, the kids safety comes first" What became of it I don't know because I opted out of fostering partially because of CPA rules at that time.

I had 3 siblings placed with me one morning because one of them had been "caned" across the back by the (Islander) grandmother and the school had reported the child's injuries. By evening, they were returned to the parent's because the Family court wouldn't issue a care order because the grandmother had administered,, "culturally acceptable punishment in absence of the parents" I found out later that another one of the siblings had been hospitalised due to "culturally acceptable punishment"

"tippy toeing" around cultural issues is one of the main factors IMHO for abuse in indigenous communities............abuse committed, in the main, by family members. Take one indigenous child into care and the priority is to place it with family members..............Errrrrrrrrrrrm??? Doesn't most abuse arrive from family members? So we place a child in a family where the extended family has a history of abuse!!!:sad: The abused family members go on to abuse ad finitum where there is little or no education re what is acceptable and what isn't and cultural sensitivities (accusations of racism) often prevent the subject being broached at an early educational level. Petrol sniffing, other substance abuse etc is also a factor.............there's a whole range of issues that need to be addressed on a "humanity" level, without hindrance from cultural/ethnic sensitivities

I don't disagree with you but Australia created a major problem with its lost generations, assimilation policy of the the early 20th C,.

It has left Australia with an intractable problem about applying some common sense solutions.

At the end of the day it is going to take some cross party political backbone to take some decisions which are going to attract a lot of flack and get the buy in of the state govts and is social services universally managed across the whole of Australia?.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/02/2018 at 18:04, the bottler said:

it is like the grooming gangs in the U.K. ... police not allowed to do anything ... not allowed to talk about it ... not in the news ... went on for years ... still not sure it can be talked / posted about ... jumped on and called racist ...

the same with the domestic abuse / sexual abuse / alcohol abuse / drug addiction that has been going on for years in the aboriginal communities ... this lastest rape was on the news today but the cause of all the above abuse blamed on lack of money from the government / poor housing etc ... etc ... etc ... same old ... same old excuses for their behaviour that has been going on for years ... unlikely to ever change ... I did hear in one town they were going to have safe houses for the children to go to in the evening ... but they still have to go back home ...

I am not racist ... but it sickens me that this abuse is allowed to happen because of the fear of offending and being called racist ... 

 

IMG_5944.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, the bottler said:

 

IMG_5944.JPG

Becareful bottler the dogooders will be defending the disgusting goings on ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sunset said:

Becareful bottler the dogooders will be defending the disgusting goings on ?

shame on them ... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:34, newjez said:

I'm a do gooder. Children shouldn't be in dangerous situation. It's not a question of race.

The problem with removing Children from an environment is you have to put them in another environment. There was a time that 'at risk' children would be place in nice 'safe' children's home run by 'completely trustworthy' priests. Doesn't sound like such a good idea these days - but the problems is can you really be sure that any alternative option will actually be better?

  • Like 2

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Sunset said:

Becareful bottler the dogooders will be defending the disgusting goings on ?

No, just the government protecting it's arse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ken said:

The problem with removing Children from an environment is you have to put them in another environment. There was a time that 'at risk' children would be place in nice 'safe' children's home run by 'completely trustworthy' priests. Doesn't sound like such a good idea these days - but the problems is can you really be sure that any alternative option will actually be better?

It does happen, sure.

But surely it can be limited?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do quite a bit of work in regional areas of WA and was speaking to a community nurse who visits aboriginal communities on a regular basis and she told me that child sex abuse and also physical abuse is rampant in the communities and most of it goes unreported. The politics of it all is that the Government are too scared to do anything about it due to all the 'stolen children' stuff of yesteryear as if they started removing children they probably wouldn't be able to stop as the problem is so severe.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WeegieDave said:

I do quite a bit of work in regional areas of WA and was speaking to a community nurse who visits aboriginal communities on a regular basis and she told me that child sex abuse and also physical abuse is rampant in the communities and most of it goes unreported. The politics of it all is that the Government are too scared to do anything about it due to all the 'stolen children' stuff of yesteryear as if they started removing children they probably wouldn't be able to stop as the problem is so severe.

On a couple of occasions I assisted my son (a vet) when he did voluntary work de-sexing dogs in quite remote aboriginal communities.  The place was overrun with skinny, uncared for dogs and I hate to say it but the children weren't much better off.  There is no excuse for that.  Obese, drunken adults rolling around in the street whilst the children run wild with dirty matted hair, snotty noses and just looking neglected.  Very sad.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WeegieDave said:

I do quite a bit of work in regional areas of WA and was speaking to a community nurse who visits aboriginal communities on a regular basis and she told me that child sex abuse and also physical abuse is rampant in the communities and most of it goes unreported. The politics of it all is that the Government are too scared to do anything about it due to all the 'stolen children' stuff of yesteryear as if they started removing children they probably wouldn't be able to stop as the problem is so severe.

Welcome back mate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×