Biometrics for Partner visa (Offshore application)

ellemorrison

Hello

My partner and I applied for my partner visa end of Nov 2017 in Paris, where we’d been living for 10 years. My partner is Australian.

The issue is I was contacted by my CO to request for Biometrics. This is because I had been living in France. I ‘m currently in Auz on a year long tourist visa. I went to the visa office today to see if I can do the Biometrics there and I was told NO! It had to be Paris! Surely, they can do have me do it here right. I really don’t want to have to go all the way to Paris for this. So stupid

I have contacted the CO about this. What do you guys think?

On 21/02/2018 at 17:07, ellemorrison said:

Hello

My partner and I applied for my partner visa end of Nov 2017 in Paris, where we’d been living for 10 years. My partner is Australian.

The issue is I was contacted by my CO to request for Biometrics. This is because I had been living in France. I ‘m currently in Auz on a year long tourist visa. I went to the visa office today to see if I can do the Biometrics there and I was told NO! It had to be Paris! Surely, they can do have me do it here right. I really don’t want to have to go all the way to Paris for this. So stupid

I have contacted the CO about this. What do you guys think?

Wait and see what the CO says but I think you should be able to do them onshore with BUPA

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/heal/meeting-the-health-requirement/arranging-a-health-examination

Hello

Thank you. I have done my medical and yes you are right. I did them here in Auz.

Biometrics are a different thing. It’s a digital photograph and finger prints of mine. Even though I don’t need to do them cuz am British, I lived in France for 10 yrs as a resident. So I need to do.

Contacted CO and he said to find a Biometrics center here. Whatever that means. Maybe I can do them with any center. I will ask for clarification.

At least he got back with some positive news!!

??

Hello! Thank you for your suggestion. Just called them. Ha! In the usual French stylee, got a very unhelpful human on the phone. But hey, I’ve lived in France and I know the score when it comes to service! (Appalling!!)

Waiting on CO and he has been very kind so far. He should hopefully give me an address of where I can do this.

I must say, the Australian Immigration people are super helpful and understanding! It’s refreshing???

• Like 1