186 direct entry scheme please help

Totto

Hello everybody, first of all let me apologise If I have started a new topic where I shouldn't have, I have never used forums before. . I submitted the nomination and application for 186 direct entry on Jan 21 2017 as a graphic post press trades-person. I have been waiting for 13 months and my lawyers have not been contacted once ! The only thing my lawyers always say is to wait. This uncertainty is nerve wrecking , also this occupation apparently is no longer on the list. Does anyone knows if this affects the application and / or processing times? Do we know if the processing times for 186 direct entry vary according to occupation.Thanks in advance for any info.. Any advice would be appreciated.  I have posted this message in other topics but I don't have not received one reply, so my best guess is that It is in the wrong section of the forum. This wait is really affecting me and my dependant. 

1 hour ago, Totto said:

Hello everybody, first of all let me apologise If I have started a new topic where I shouldn't have, I have never used forums before. . I submitted the nomination and application for 186 direct entry on Jan 21 2017 as a graphic post press trades-person. I have been waiting for 13 months and my lawyers have not been contacted once ! The only thing my lawyers always say is to wait. This uncertainty is nerve wrecking , also this occupation apparently is no longer on the list. Does anyone knows if this affects the application and / or processing times? Do we know if the processing times for 186 direct entry vary according to occupation.Thanks in advance for any info.. Any advice would be appreciated.  I have posted this message in other topics but I don't have not received one reply, so my best guess is that It is in the wrong section of the forum. This wait is really affecting me and my dependant. 

Hi,

do you have and immiAccount?

You should be able to check the time freme on it.

2 hours ago, Totto said:

Check the time frame dept has given you on receipt of 186 De lodgement, If you are in that time frame then its advisable to wait till you complete it, and if you dont hear back from them after your approx time then give dept a call from the number which is on the bottom of your lodgement /bridging notice and check with the dept. Your immi status (if your MA is handling) should show the status as received, docs requested or application in progress (check with your MA) 

I cant comment on your occupation removal from the current list, but its worth talking about it with your MA , or IMMI DEPT directly (if MA believes it a right thing to do so)

Thanks 

Fida

Thanks, My migration agents are the ones that deal with my IMMI account and they have never given me access to it, they belive that it's better to wait and not rock the boat, but the waiting is killing me. Everything is on hold, my life is on hold until I know if I will be able to call this beautiful country home. They say that the Immi status has been on RECEIVED since we lodged it, but no contact since 21st Jan 2017. 

This is all I get from my MA :

Allow me to re-iterate the following:

The current processing timeframe for your Subclass 186 (Direct Entry) Application is 10 – 15 months. 

• Your Application has been in the queue for 13 months (lodged on 17 January 2017), therefore within the current processing timeframe. 
  • Immigration will not respond to queries regarding “status updates” of applications in progress, particularly if it is within the processing time. 
  • Immigration will not expedite processing of Employer Nominated applications.

As per my previous emails, please be patient until Immigration starts processing your Application. 

I will keep you informed of the progress of your applications, as I become aware. 

Thank you for your patience. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

I am just desperate to know what will happen, it terrifies me to think that I will fall into that 10% that waits for years. Country of origin :Italy (Low risk) 

Unfortunately the current processing time for 186 Direct Entry has increased to 10 to 15 moths. Processing times are continuing to slow down, probably due to the constant changes the Government keeps making to many visa sublcasses.

Ringing or emailing the Immigration Department will not help, as they have specifically stated that request for processing updates will not be answered. Accessing the ImmiAccount will not give you any processing update, except to show that the application has been lodged.

Take heart i the fact that you are not alone, and many people are in exactly the same situation as you. All you can do at this time is be patient.

Thanks for your reply @Raul Senise I understand, and I am actually happy with my MA but the situation is very stressful. I just really want to believe that it will come through in the 10 - 15 months mark as I have been waiting 13 months. If it takes more than that and I fall in that 10% that waits longer I think I will lose my mind. Hopefully these are real time frames and I will just keep my fingers crossed. Is this the case? Most of them do come through within their estimated processing times? 

Our 186 was lodge this week, Our MA quoted 12-18 months. I thought that was inaccurate. When we imported our application into our immi account it states 8-9 months! 

Get access to your immi account. If you haven’t got one, register for one and import your application. You can see exactly what’s be lodged, attached and updates.

On 24/02/2018 at 07:03, samlab said:

Our 186 was lodge this week, Our MA quoted 12-18 months. I thought that was inaccurate. When we imported our application into our immi account it states 8-9 months! 

Get access to your immi account. If you haven’t got one, register for one and import your application. You can see exactly what’s be lodged, attached and updates.

Cheers! I don't know if this is true, but I believe my MA told me that because they have all the clients linked with their IMMI account, it would not be easy or it would be trouble for me to open one myself?? Does this sound right to you?

Hi,

I have been waiting from 17months on my 186 direct entry visa, tried calling and sending email, but no proper response, all they say is that they are still allocating files at this stage and to have patience.

And one of my friend has been waiting for almost 2 years now.

Sorry but I had to post this....

Stay strong and Good Luck!

On 06/03/2018 at 00:49, Armaanz said:

Hi,

I have been waiting from 17months on my 186 direct entry visa, tried calling and sending email, but no proper response, all they say is that they are still allocating files at this stage and to have patience.

Sorry, can you tell us a little bit about your case? What is your position? Are you the only applicant? Is it from a High risk country?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2018 at 00:49, Armaanz said:

Hi,

Hi @Armaanz, sorry to bother you, but would you mind sharing the occupation you are applying with, are you using a MA? How many people in your application? And is the country Low or High risk?

On 20/02/2018 at 06:23, Raul Senise said:

Unfortunately the current processing time for 186 Direct Entry has increased to 10 to 15 moths. Processing times are continuing to slow down, probably due to the constant changes the Government keeps making to many visa sublcasses.

Ringing or emailing the Immigration Department will not help, as they have specifically stated that request for processing updates will not be answered. Accessing the ImmiAccount will not give you any processing update, except to show that the application has been lodged.

Take heart i the fact that you are not alone, and many people are in exactly the same situation as you. All you can do at this time is be patient.

Thanks for your reply @Raul Senise, This month the processing times stayed the same, Today I reached the 14 month mark. I know this is a bit of a silly question but, Is it still possible that the case will be opened in the next month? Or is it becoming more common for applications to be on hold for way over the stated processing times?