Changing Employer and occupation on 457 before 01 March 2018

Oren

Hello Raul (or other consultants),

Raul, I tagged you on this topic because I saw you replied to a similar question, and I cannot find the information anywhere else.

My situation is: I am working on a 457 Visa (Life Scientist nec - 234599) and I'm going to move to a new employer (a big University) who is going to nominate me BEFORE 01 March 2018, but with a different occupation (University Lecturer - 242111). 

My question is: Will I be required to re-apply for the visa given that the occupations are different? or are they similar enough?

Also, does it matter that we are now in the transition period between the 457 and TSS visas? Should I expect problems in the nomination transfer because of that?

Thanks ahead for any assistance you can provide.

Yours,
Oren

Hi Oren,

A nomination application will transfer your current 457 visa to a new employer. The new nomination does not need to be in the same occupation.

However, at the nomination stage, they can ask for evidence that your have the skills and experience to perform the new occupation. 

As for whether you can expect problems during this transition period; at this point no one knows.

The Government has stated that applications lodged prior to the change will be processed under current rules, however, we are already witnessing delays in processing.

Dear Raul,

Thank you for your response.
I have one more related question, if you don't mind:

My 457 was granted before 18 April 2017,  and I understood that I'm eligible for grandfathering arrangements when applying to PR via the TRT stream (e.g., can apply up to the age of 50). My question is whether I will be eligible for these special arrangements even if my nominated occupation changed (i.e., my first 457 visa nominated occupation was "Life Scientists nec", and my new occupation, still with the same 457 visa, is "University Lecturer").

Thanks ahead,
Oren

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2018 at 02:13, Raul Senise said:

We will not know the intricacies of how the grandfathering arrangements will be applied, util the actual new Regulations are released.

hlw raul,

can u plzzz hlp me out...

my 457 application form has some mistakes,,,, I have submitted 1023 form agains those mistakes but unfortunately there's also done a mistake

so now how could I correct those issue

does I have to submit another 1023 against mistaked 1023

or that will be the process to undo this situation

thnkx dear

plzzzzzzzzz hlp me

If you have provided incorrect information, you can log into your ImmiAccount and there is a specific section where you can advise of incorrect answers.

You should not wait until the case has been assessed as you would potentially face issues with Public Interest Criteria 4020.

raul,

thnkx for replying me dear...yes I have checked there and found 3 types form such 1023 for any mistakes,,,, but if my 1023 form had  mistaken and I have to deleted or inform immigration about it

what should I do?

does I submit another 1023 against submitted mistaken 1023 forms?

and can u plzzzz clarify me what is public interest criteria 4020

thnkx a bunch dear

16 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

If you have provided incorrect information, you can log into your ImmiAccount and there is a specific section where you can advise of incorrect answers.

You should not wait until the case has been assessed as you would potentially face issues with Public Interest Criteria 4020.

hlw raul,

if I have already a MA

does I access to done any correction in my immi accunt

and another thing now I want to put my visa on "priority process" 

how can I do that?

plzzzzzzzzz its a humble req hlp me

5 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

It is always the same form to advise of mistakes. You should be careful of continually changing your answers as this may be viewed as suspicious. Be careful when providing information that it is correct.

See here for PIC 4020.

thnkx a bunch dear

yes surely I will keep it my mind about changing my ans,,,,

but dear am I eligible to change in my immi acount?

5 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

These are really questions you should be asking your MA.

Only the sponsor/employer can provide reasons why priority processing should be given. Again, something your MA can advise you about.

actually its been 10 month and I am not get any update from immigration

so now I desparatly want a push for my visa processing,,,

so my question is "priority process" has open for all visa

or it has some limitations? 

1 minute ago, Raul Senise said:

Priority processing is only available for 457 and in very limited circumstances.

oooo...u mean to say its not open for all 457?

does it depend on my info or details

or my employer present circumstance?

and raul do u belongs to any MA firm

if than where is it?

plzzz let me knw

5 hours ago, Nabila islam said:

if than where is it?

plzzz let me knw

If you are working with a migration agent already, why aren't you completing the process with them?  Raul is indeed a migration agent and his contact details are in his signature.

457 applications take as long as the government takes to process them.  Some are approved fairly quickly and others take many many months.  If yours has fallen into the longer timeframe, there's little you can do to speed it up.

7 hours ago, Nabila islam said:

if than where is it?

plzzz let me knw

I have answered the same question for you a number of times now.

As @MaggieMay24has stated, if you are already working with a Migration Agent, there does not seem to be any point involving another one, at what appears to be this very late stage in the process.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

I have answered the same question for you a number of times now.

As @MaggieMay24has stated, if you are already working with a Migration Agent, there does not seem to be any point involving another one, at what appears to be this very late stage in the process.

actually I am from outside Australia

my MA doesn't work or corespond withh me properly

so it doesn't mean I just sit lyk that

so I want to work with another MA (if it possible with my case at now) who are do proffesonal with his work...

thts y I asked u dear

thnkx

5 hours ago, Nabila islam said:

actually I am from outside Australia

my MA doesn't work or corespond withh me properly

Nabila, you have been given the answer many times now.

You must write to your MA, and tell him that if he does not do his work properly, you will make an official complaint.

You can send him this link to the official complaint form, to show that you know how to do it:

https://www.mara.gov.au/using-an-agent/resolving-disputes-with-your-agent/make-a-complaint-about-an-agent/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Raul,

I am in australia on 485 subsequent entrant visa. I have more than 5 years of work experience in pharmacovigilance/drug safety. We have been to many migration agents but no one could help in finding under which occupation should I apply for PR visa or what is the best option to extend our visa and get the PR eventually. I shall be grateful if you could help.  

15 hours ago, Rucsho said:

Hi Raul,

I am in australia on 485 subsequent entrant visa. I have more than 5 years of work experience in pharmacovigilance/drug safety. We have been to many migration agents but no one could help in finding under which occupation should I apply for PR visa or what is the best option to extend our visa and get the PR eventually. I shall be grateful if you could help.  

It will depend on your specific qualifications and employment history. Has no one been able to give you a definitive answer as to your visa options?

• 1 month later...

Hi Raul,

I was granted a 457 from my recent employer in NSW last October 2017 but I resigned from them June 2018. I applied for the same occupation here in SA. They told me that I'll be holding a 482 visa. Does it mean that I have to pay again and lodge a new visa? or do I have the option to continue my 457 with them? 

Cheers

8 hours ago, Dendlcrz said:

Hi Raul,

I was granted a 457 from my recent employer in NSW last October 2017 but I resigned from them June 2018. I applied for the same occupation here in SA. They told me that I'll be holding a 482 visa. Does it mean that I have to pay again and lodge a new visa? or do I have the option to continue my 457 with them? 

Cheers

It depends on the situation.

If you still have time on your 457 and you are being sponsored under the same occupation, then it will just be a transfer of your visa to a new sponsor and you will continue to hold your 457 visa.

• Like 1

Hi Raul ,

my 457 granted on 08/2016 , and is occupation “cook” . Unfortunately , 08/2017they said the business was sold . Then I got a new employer sponsor me and lodged transfer employer application, but I changed the Occupation to a “chef “ on 09/2017 . I have certificate 3,4 and diploma of hospitality.However, I still waiting for approval. 

Is it possible to change to new employer and in chef occupation?

do you know why take that long time ?

if I keep the occupation cook to a new employer, can I transfer to pr after 2 years?

if it has approved, (chef) how long I can eligible transfer to pr ?

What I can do now ? I cannot work in any company during this time 

is it possible to phone them ask about my application? Suffering with thi situation.

Thank you Raul 

vincent

Hi Vincent,

Please be mindful that I cannot give advice on a specific situation based on such minimal information. My answers below are general as I would need to assess your matter in deatil to give specific advice.

On 12/08/2018 at 00:45, Vincent0801 said:

Hi Raul ,

my 457 granted on 08/2016 , and is occupation “cook” . Unfortunately , 08/2017they said the business was sold . Then I got a new employer sponsor me and lodged transfer employer application, but I changed the Occupation to a “chef “ on 09/2017 . I have certificate 3,4 and diploma of hospitality.However, I still waiting for approval. 

That is a very long time to wait for a 457 visa transfer.

Is it possible to change to new employer and in chef occupation?

Yes.

do you know why take that long time ?

457 visa applications are taking a long time to process. 457 nominations to transfer a 457 are usually very quick.

if I keep the occupation cook to a new employer, can I transfer to pr after 2 years?

As your 457 visa was granted in 2016, well before the changes were announced, you should be eligible for transitional arrangements to PR.

What I can do now ? I cannot work in any company during this time 

You should ask for priority processing, which should have been given from the start as it is a transfer.

is it possible to phone them ask about my application? Suffering with thi situation.

You can ring the general line, but are unlikely to have much joy.