189/190 Visas from Nov-Dec 2017

Guest Cristina

On 15/04/2018 at 10:48, Nirav said:

Hello friends

I have submitted two PCC, one for Kuwait and the other one for India

The Kuwait one mentions 3 months validity and has already expired, should I be applying a new one or wait for the CO contact ?

Hi Nirav

I'd be waiting for CO contact personally - it could be more than 3 months at this stage so there's no point paying for multiple certificates. 

37 minutes ago, lbooth said:

Hi Nirav

I'd be waiting for CO contact personally - it could be more than 3 months at this stage so there's no point paying for multiple certificates. 

Hi Ibooth

thank you for your feedback, I appreciate 

My consultant gave the same opinion. It’s more than 120 days

fingers crossed!!

Hey All

Anyone else heard anything recently?? 

Been following the tracker religiously since the backlog clearing started getting closer and closer to our submission date (5/11). But now they're approving people who submitted after us AND responded to their CO after us...I just don't get it??! ?? 

Had been fine with the waiting game up to now because it at least made sense but starting to lose hope. 

Xx

We have received our 189 grant today. For those interested, we had the following timeline:
17 Nov - application made
06 Feb - CO contact requesting police checks and medicals
13 Feb - all information supplied

Good luck to those waiting, I know it’s a frustrating time!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bran said:

We have received our 189 grant today. For those interested, we had the following timeline:

Hi Bran 

congratulations and best wishes for your new life in Australia 

May I know what yours IED ?

Hi Bran 
congratulations and best wishes for your new life in Australia 
May I know what yours IED ?

IED is 13 Feb 2019, which is the date of our medical I believe.
Visa expiry date aligns with the issue date though.

A little bit sharing about my journey:

Applied for ACT sponsor 190 on 17/4/2018, my migration agent called Access Canberra and they said my state sponsor will be granted after 2 weeks.

About me: studied and working in Canberra for the last 5 years.

Hopefully my grant will  come through soon.

Guest Cristina
On 21/04/2018 at 23:33, Bran said:

Congratulations @Bran! Glad to see people around here are getting some grants! Good luck in Oz!

Guest Cristina
On 4/26/2018 at 18:04, Abi6635 said:

Hi

just wondering if anyone has had any contact recently? Or if anyone has any updates?

thanks!

Hi,

We haven't heard anything yet. I keep checking every day and it seems they have picked up some pace. They are clearing a good number of November grants now so I am hoping they start with the December ones in May. Good luck!

Hi All,

Please could any of you share your experience with form 80. I am a little concerned about how specific I need to be with travel and dates. I can barely remember any of themo.O  and have no stamps in my passports!

Could strike lucky and not be asked but as most appear to be, I thought I may as well start filling out.

Guest Cristina
17 hours ago, Jsmull87 said:

Hi All,

Please could any of you share your experience with form 80. I am a little concerned about how specific I need to be with travel and dates. I can barely remember any of themo.O  and have no stamps in my passports!

Could strike lucky and not be asked but as most appear to be, I thought I may as well start filling out.

Hi @Jsmull87, I would submit form 80 when you lodge your application in order to avoid CO contact. I tried to find exact dates of all my trips by searching the e-mails containing the flight tickets. For the ones I could not find the flights, I estimated the dates. Europe trips won't have a stamp on your passport to check so I don't think estimated dates should be a problem. They will probably want to see exact dates for those other trips that could be seen on your passport but those dates are easy to check ;)

I was just checking the draft my lawyer sent for the visa and just found 4 errors.

Like she put I worked in a restaurant in UK when it was in Italy.

Or the start date of a place is one month earlier than what it was

I hope this is not the reason why is taking longer than 4months without any contacts.

Guest Cristina
On 07/05/2018 at 19:06, Nirav said:

DIBP has initiated processing applications beyond 26th November 2018, recently saw grants for 27th November 2018 applicants. Fingers Crossed for December applicants !!

Yes! This is very good news! They are processing quite slowly though... only a few grants per day reported as opposed to the 8-10 grants per day usually reported until end of April. Let's hope they pick up pace again because this wait is just torture!