Guest zoe cox

sitting HGV test in perth to get sponsored visa ???

Guest zoe cox

Can anyone give us some advise please, As we thought we couldnt get into oz as my hubby has an hgv licence and has been working for a waste firm driving all modes of vehicles for 15yrs,hes 34yrs old .we are not on the skilled visa list. a lady from an immagration company called last week and says we can get into perth as long as my hubby goes to perth first sits his test there and then she will line up interviews whilst we there and ,if he gets a job we could be over there in 3mnths of that, Is this really true ,,,Or can we just get a sponsor with out getting ozzy licence :wacko: we so confused and excited that we could actually be going some day,,,,but is it true that it could all happen so fast.:unsure:

Ihave 3 children aged 3 , 6, and 16... its going to cost a lot to get over there as there is 5 of us time to start tightening the purse strings..

Guest Jamie Smith

Hi Zoe

The likelihood is these interviews will be for jobs driving heavy rigs in the (more remote) mining areas, as there are limitations on truck drivers for visas in most visa classes.

Suggest you enquire about probable working conditions before going ahead. Some jobs/places are more suited to single people.

Guest skipling

Hi Zoe

I'm interested to know how you both get on with this. My OH is also HGV1.

We are looking to migrate on my skills (still waiting for the ACS to complete the assessment), so it would be great to have a backup plan!

Thanks

Suzie

Guest wayniexagt
Can anyone give us some advise please, As we thought we couldnt get into oz as my hubby has an hgv licence and has been working for a waste firm driving all modes of vehicles for 15yrs,hes 34yrs old .we are not on the skilled visa list. a lady from an immagration company called last week and says we can get into perth as long as my hubby goes to perth first sits his test there and then she will line up interviews whilst we there and ,if he gets a job we could be over there in 3mnths of that, Is this really true ,,,Or can we just get a sponsor with out getting ozzy licence :wacko: we so confused and excited that we could actually be going some day,,,,but is it true that it could all happen so fast.:unsure:

Ihave 3 children aged 3 , 6, and 16... its going to cost a lot to get over there as there is 5 of us time to start tightening the purse strings..

as far as i know hgv is not on the sponcered list as that wouldve been the way me and the mrs wouldve come.. i took my HR test last year to prepare for when we arrived to live. if you send me your email address ill send you th Q and A sheet so when he comes to sit his theory test he will be prepared

Guest skipling

Thanks Wayniexag. I've sent my e-mail addy to you.

Fingers crossed the ACS comes through for me. Then I'm going to try for State sponsorship to speed things along. At the moment, my role is listed on the waoidl - knowing my luck that'll change!

Suz

Guest wayniexagt
Thanks Wayniexag. I've sent my e-mail addy to you.

Fingers crossed the ACS comes through for me. Then I'm going to try for State sponsorship to speed things along. At the moment, my role is listed on the waoidl - knowing my luck that'll change!

Suz

you got email. good luck .if you need anything else . let me know

Guest toan
as far as i know hgv is not on the sponcered list as that wouldve been the way me and the mrs wouldve come.. i took my HR test last year to prepare for when we arrived to live. if you send me your email address ill send you th Q and A sheet so when he comes to sit his theory test he will be prepared

Have sent you e-mail,could you send them to me please,

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Zoe

The likelihood is these interviews will be for jobs driving heavy rigs in the (more remote) mining areas, as there are limitations on truck drivers for visas in most visa classes.

Suggest you enquire about probable working conditions before going ahead. Some jobs/places are more suited to single people.

I'd be highly interested to know if this is the case; you don't need anything more than an open car licence to drive unit rigs on the sites I work on, you do a site-based competancy instead. With thousands of trained operators being put off work recently I wouldn't have thought chances would be great.

If anyone has gotten onto a site via this method could they let me know please? I'm only totally familiar with the QLD ways onto site, which are pretty restricted.

Guest airdogspiff

Hi Guys

I'm a new arrival to WA and a UK class 1 licence holder. I went to change my licence over the other day for a WA one and was told that my UK licence will cover me for HR vehicles here and I would have to take the HC test. Hence I've got a two hour lesson on Monday to prove I know what bit of the truck bends. You only need a HR licence to be able to drive the big tippers out at the mines but you would still have to do a training course, at your own expense, to be qualified to drive one. You would also need several other certificates to say that you can work at the mines. With the way things are going at the moment the only jobs for driving require at least two years experience in WA. There is no sponsorship for any of the mine companies that I know of. Sorry for the bad news. I can't even get a HR job at the moment, the agencies don't seem to be bothered, undertones of anti british feeling? I have seen evidence of this but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Cheers

Des

Guest wayniexagt
Hi Guys

I'm a new arrival to WA and a UK class 1 licence holder. I went to change my licence over the other day for a WA one and was told that my UK licence will cover me for HR vehicles here and I would have to take the HC test. Hence I've got a two hour lesson on Monday to prove I know what bit of the truck bends. You only need a HR licence to be able to drive the big tippers out at the mines but you would still have to do a training course, at your own expense, to be qualified to drive one. You would also need several other certificates to say that you can work at the mines. With the way things are going at the moment the only jobs for driving require at least two years experience in WA. There is no sponsorship for any of the mine companies that I know of. Sorry for the bad news. I can't even get a HR job at the moment, the agencies don't seem to be bothered, undertones of anti british feeling? I have seen evidence of this but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Cheers

Des

i cant see how your uk license will cover you. where did you get this info . from the DPI ??.. can you tell me what these other certificates are to be able to drive in the mines .. as far as i know you cant get behind the wheel of a HR without a HR license. all the truck jobs im going for specify that you need a HR license to even be considered. . have alook at the chart and tell me what you think !!

Mines require the comptancy known as MNCO1041A; Conduct Haul Truck Operations (metalliferous mines have a slightly different bit at the front, something like MNCG), it is not the equivilent of any road-going licence; the things are dead easy to drive if you can get over the fact they're the size of buildings and you can see maybe 20% of your surroundings. Thye have an accellerator, a retarder and a lever to make it go backwards or forwards and that's it, hence you can drive them on a C class licence. If it's different in WA and you need a HR I don't know, I've never worked there.

The other certificates you need are a generic passport for all sites the "generic", a BMA induction for BMA/BHP Billeton sites (the "SGS") and a medical which involves drug tests, which also happen on site. As yet, these last few things are only in QLD, they have something called a MARCSTA (?) in WA, nothing equivilent elsewhere, but the Generic system is being implemented Australia-wide soon.

There are a few companies around that train you to get the MNCO compentancy over the course of a week, and costs around $3k, however, if you get on a training scheme run by a mine itself (Workpac do them for BMA), it takes 3 months, so I'm not entirely sure what the chances of employment are after 1 week pootling around a field are.

Guest airdogspiff
i cant see how your uk license will cover you. where did you get this info . from the DPI ??.. can you tell me what these other certificates are to be able to drive in the mines .. as far as i know you cant get behind the wheel of a HR without a HR license. all the truck jobs im going for specify that you need a HR license to even be considered. . have alook at the chart and tell me what you think !!

Hi, the info I was given was at the licencing centre. The choice I had was to completely change my class 1 UK licence over and I would have an unrestricted WA HR licence or keep my UK licence for the time being and have a HC learners permit. When I pass the HC assesment I will then transfer my licence over completely. My UK licence is still valid here but only up to HR, something which employers don't seem to like as they stress that you have to have a WA licence. However I have found two bus companies that will take you on with a UK licence because they will train you. You only need a HR licence to start driving buses. Hope that clarifies that a little bit, see the previous post for the other cert's.

Cheers

Des

Guest wayniexagt
Hi, the info I was given was at the licencing centre. The choice I had was to completely change my class 1 UK licence over and I would have an unrestricted WA HR licence or keep my UK licence for the time being and have a HC learners permit. When I pass the HC assesment I will then transfer my licence over completely. My UK licence is still valid here but only up to HR, something which employers don't seem to like as they stress that you have to have a WA licence. However I have found two bus companies that will take you on with a UK licence because they will train you. You only need a HR licence to start driving buses. Hope that clarifies that a little bit, see the previous post for the other cert's.

Cheers

Des

please let us know how you get on regards this. . you will have to prove that you are capable of driving the road ranger box. to get your full MC licence............ i have doubts if the info you have been given is correct

Now I understand why they want proof in Victoria that peeps in Perth can drive.

I was told by the DVLA that i could exchange my Aust licence like for like so off i went to the dvla in person only to find out i was lied too.....

Kind Regards

Geoffrey (32, an aussie!!), Tracy (35), Jake (7), Jessica (2) & Joseph (1) :jiggy:

Guest wayniexagt

Cheers

Des

well was all you were told to be true...... and no pressure . did you pass:confused:

Guest roan

Hi Zoe,

I was just wanting to know how you were getting on with the Perth HGV and which agent you were using?

We went out last Easter on holiday to do the same (before the recession) and it didn't work! So would be most interested!

Many thanks

Guest wayniexagt
Hi Zoe,

I was just wanting to know how you were getting on with the Perth HGV and which agent you were using?

We went out last Easter on holiday to do the same (before the recession) and it didn't work! So would be most interested!

Many thanks

whats didnt work mate , can you be more specific

i passed my test last year while on holiday in perth 3 days start to finish

i was also told that they want to see you drive. so i can see how you can "just swap " your uk hgv licence to an ozzy one. car licence yes but hgv............ ???