Photos / Card Pdf evidence

MrsShields12

Hey all I’m just looking for a guide point . 

Im just going through my photos : cards that I’ll be adding as part of our social aspect of the 309  Visa,  we have our wedding in Aus and our blessing in Scotland / trip to Australia / babies births I’m just not sure what an acceptable number is . 

I don’t want to overload but we’ve had a few significant events happen in the last four years :-s

Edited by MrsShields12

I think I included about half a dozen pictures. 2 of us with family at a family wedding. The rest just a few from over the years. Didn’t include any cards or invites. One holiday booking was thrown in too.

Oh really that little . I think I’m trying to provide too much. 

I went on and started the application the other night ( before the site froze , I wasn’t happy ) . 

Then I noticed it asks you to provide the four main catigories into smaller boxes . I provided all that evidence in my statement . Should I use these boxes to provide hard facts and keep the emotional stuff for the letter .

i thought I had it all in hand because i already done a uk spouse visa and I keep second guessing myself now . 

It’s the other evidence they really want to see. Consider the pictures as the icing on the cake. I’d really not put in more than 10-12 personally (preferably pics and invites etc in a PDF to save space). Same with invites etc. 1 or 2 from random years would be all I would put in if I was including them. 

Re the online application. I didn’t do it that way so not really sure. I’d probably keep to the facts in the forms and have the more personal stuff in the statement. 

What Marisa said. The shared finances, home etc is the more important thing to document than including 100 plus pictures and cards and being light on the other things you include IYKWIM. By all means submit a few pics and cards and invite or two. But don’t go overboard with them.

As others have said (shared commitments, bills, agreements, contracts, etc) is important but we did go overboard with the Facebook tags in a pdf document , photos and invites etc. It was sent to our visa agent - I don’t know how much of it they used, however. About 5-10 examples (mixed), from each year we’ve been together.

Thank you sniffer and Marisa.

My husband is just doing his statement now .. So I ha

Well we live in a local authority property In Scotland and because he if from outside the EU, The housing officer actually said he has no rights what so ever to be named on my lease. He did however provide me a letter when I was applying for his spouse visa. Outlining that he was allowed to live in my property as my husband but he wasn't allowed to be on the tenancy agreement .

I hope this is enough because I can't provide what I legally don't have , We do have a joint bank account for over two years. Been married over two years , have two biological children so I think you guys are right I think I'm overthinking every tiny thing. Guess I'm just nervous.

can I also just say your help , patience with my questions and encouragement means a lot.

That all sound good. I think the council tenant thing is normal practice. The letter explains it anyways. I’m sure you have bills/bank statements showing you at the same addres. Also don’t forget about drivers licence, car insurance naming you both, wills, life insurance policy, mobile phone contracts... all those things are good. And if he pays certain bills etc and you pay others, you can explain that. 

We have joint bank accounts, It is unfortunately a prepayment meter for electricity in this flat , So no bill as such , but I do have a letter addressed to us both from the electric provider advising us of the new instillation day for the updated meter .

As for car insurance it is in my name as it was cheaper just to add my husband as a named driver ( Again not being British they wanted to charge us a fortune to put car in his name ). The insurance and road tax does come out of the joint account however.

We do have both driver licence at this address.

My expression of wish from my work place has my husband as beneficiary on it. 

virgin media only allows one persons name on the bill but he has a sim that comes off that account. 

It is hard when certain companies only allow one name on an account.

Car insurance with your husband as named driver on your policy is good. I included a couple of those from the year before we applied and a random year from a few before.