register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Leanne cooper

Vehicle shipping

Hey guys,

So I’m currently undergoing an application with my partner to move over to Australia on the partner 309 visa, he is a resident himself. Need some advice and answers on whether I am eligible to import my vehicle over there on this visa? 

He will also be importing his vehicle over to. 

Many thanks 

leanne x

The other question is whether it's worth importing the vehicle, or whether it might make more financial sense to sell it and buy over there.  Have you checked that?  

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Yes I would look at whether it is worthwhile taking it before eligibility. Personally I think it's only viable if it's a luxury or classic car or in some cases if it is very new. You must have owned and used the car for at least 12 months continuously.

Loving life in Gods Country. Woohoo, look at me. 

Thanks so much for your quick responses,  yes I have looked into these factors it is infact a motorhome worth a lot of money so I would see this  as a luxury item. So my question is am I allowed to take it with me under the visa 309? 

Leanne