Meninblack1986

Help expediting a visitor visa

Greetings from snowy Minnesota in the US! Over the past couple months, I've been planning a dream vacation for my elderly parents. I can't remember a time when my mom didn't talk about wanting to go to Australia.

Well, I have everything booked and I then applied for everyone's ETA. Everyone else's immediately approved, while mine didn't. I had one bad night in college where I was charged with reckless driving 10 years ago & spent a night in jail. I claimed it on my ETA & I doubt that'll get approved. So I've started filling out the Visitor Visa 600 form. Tomorrow, I should get the results of the Overseas Penal Clearance Certificate, so that I can attach it to my application. Since you're all pretty knowledgeable about this, our trip is planned to start 3/3/18...what are my chances that I can get approved if I submit it tomorrow? Any tips/recommendations for me?

Thank you so so so much for anything that you can provide me. Hopefully my next question will be about restaurant recommendations :D.

Edited by Meninblack1986

The reckless driving incident should not be an issue in getting a visitor visa, it will just take longer to process. A 600 would take even longer to process

I thought a Visitor Visa was the same as a 600? This one, right? Do you know of any way to expedite it?

I really appreciate the insight.

Edited by Meninblack1986

If you look at what a 600 visa conveys, it is significantly more than a standard tourist visa, hence more scrutiny and longer processing.

There really isn't a lot you can do to expedite a visa. You could contact one of the registered migration agents that post on the forum, but the department specify nobody should book flights until visas are granted.

• Like 2

Thanks for all of your help. Fortunately, there's an angel looking out for me! I got approved today for my 600. Lightning fast 2 day turnaround.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By KPG
        Hello Forum..
        This topic is mainly for 489 visa applicants, i.e. those in the process of applying or have already applied and received a grant or are / have already landed in SA. 
        Migrating is not easy as it requires a lot of planning, courage to make things work out as desired. Moving with a family with young children is not easy and when the time eventually comes one develops cold feet and is lost in transition as there are load's of things to keep in mind.
        Here I would request all applicants to share their thoughts on some of the best practices, lessons learnt, tips, do's and don't's that are to be followed during:
        the application process  after grant is received pre-landing preparations  post landing  experiences and lessons learnt  
        This would definitely help a lot of migrants who have many thoughts and questions going on in their mind and it would be great to lend our moral support to who ever needs it 

Thank you all and I hope you all take the time to contribute as this forum has been stupendous in helping others!  God bless and all the best to all those who have migrated or planning to migrate.
      • By Totto
        Hello everybody, first of all let me apologise If I have started a new topic where I shouldn't have, I have never used forums before. . I submitted the nomination and application for 186 direct entry on Jan 21 2017 as a graphic post press trades-person. I have been waiting for 13 months and my lawyers have not been contacted once ! The only thing my lawyers always say is to wait. This uncertainty is nerve wrecking , also this occupation apparently is no longer on the list. Does anyone knows if this affects the application and / or processing times? Do we know if the processing times for 186 direct entry vary according to occupation.Thanks in advance for any info.. Any advice would be appreciated.  I have posted this message in other topics but I don't have not received one reply, so my best guess is that It is in the wrong section of the forum. This wait is really affecting me and my dependant. 

• By Brit27
        Hello.
        Found this site through Facebook. I’m just hoping for direction on what visa is best for me in my circumstances.
        Im single, 27, reside in the UK. At home I’m in the Public Sector working for an Emergency Service with a degree in policing. I’m fully aware this isn’t a skill or a career that could be brought across to Australia. 
        Ive visited Perth, WA lots. I’m actually here at the moment. Half of my family live here, my Dad is a Australian Citizen but wasn’t when I was born (his dad was). He left when I was four, re married an Aussie and attained his citizenship via that method. He still lives in WA as do my half siblings, grandparents, aunties, uncles etc. I really want to move to Australia permanently. 
        As for many it’ll be a massive move for me, selling my house, car, leaving work. I’d like to get into something with reasonable pay but from the research I’ve done in my circumstances I think the only present way I can get into Australia is on a restricted 12 month working visa? 
        Obviously it’s a lot to give up purely for that 12 month working visa with no guarantee of being able to stay, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me or possible routes I could look down? 
        Thanks for the help.
      • By Manonamission
        Hi All, 

First timer here, so be kind... 

I'm a UK resident married to an Aussie Wife, we have been together for 9 years or so. Married for 2.5 Years.  
        We have one 18month old little boy, with another one on the way. Due around July. 

The time has come, and we plan to head back to Aus in December. 

From what I can see, we will be able to get the kids Aus citizenship by descent, and this shouldn't cost too much, around £230 plus £95 for Additional newborn. 

I, on the other hand, will have to jump through the usual visa hoops and pay around 7k AUD. 
        The waiting time appears to be around 11 months if applied in the UK and 22months in AUS. 

I'm interested in advice to see if there's a better way of doing things as if I apply here and don't get my passport or visa back in time for me to fly in December, then I might be better off flying out on a tourist visa, and then applying to stay as such. 
        I would also be interested if anyone knows if there's a cheaper or better way of my doing things, as my wife and two kids i will all be citizens, will they still charge me 7k for the privilege, I thought a while back they use to do free or cheaper visa's if you had young children etc. 
        Any help would be appreciated. 

• By Peng
        How hard is it to migrate to Australia? I'm an 18 year old that in 3 years is planning to move to Australia. June of 2016 I spent 14 days there and fell in love with the country. I'm currently getting my associates in IT at a technical college which should help. Open to recommendations as to what I should do to make it a better and easier experience. Working holiday visa for a few years, waiting a few years, etc... let me know!