Help expediting a visitor visa

Meninblack1986

Greetings from snowy Minnesota in the US! Over the past couple months, I've been planning a dream vacation for my elderly parents. I can't remember a time when my mom didn't talk about wanting to go to Australia.

Well, I have everything booked and I then applied for everyone's ETA. Everyone else's immediately approved, while mine didn't. I had one bad night in college where I was charged with reckless driving 10 years ago & spent a night in jail. I claimed it on my ETA & I doubt that'll get approved. So I've started filling out the Visitor Visa 600 form. Tomorrow, I should get the results of the Overseas Penal Clearance Certificate, so that I can attach it to my application. Since you're all pretty knowledgeable about this, our trip is planned to start 3/3/18...what are my chances that I can get approved if I submit it tomorrow? Any tips/recommendations for me?

Thank you so so so much for anything that you can provide me. Hopefully my next question will be about restaurant recommendations :D.

Edited by Meninblack1986

If you look at what a 600 visa conveys, it is significantly more than a standard tourist visa, hence more scrutiny and longer processing.

There really isn't a lot you can do to expedite a visa. You could contact one of the registered migration agents that post on the forum, but the department specify nobody should book flights until visas are granted.

• Like 1