Registration requirement for External Auditor - Visa 186

TommyC

Hi everyone,

I'm applying 186 visa transition stream at the moment. The nomination has been approved and CO is requesting docs regarding Registration/Licensing. However, becoming a Registered Company Auditor is totally a long process. Firstly, I need to complete the CPA program which I have been doing since 2016 and being a full member for at least 2 years, or being employee in accounting firm for at least 5 years. Secondly, I have to gain 3,000 hours of auditing (only for over 1 million revenue organisations) in 5 consecutive years. My company have only a few big firm audits that on the category, the rest are just small firms. Then, there are many character requirements involved. Thus, it takes years and years to be a registered auditor. In reality, most of graduates and intermediate auditors work under the company's registration or their supervisor's registration. My MA advised that I need a letter from my employer and my supervisor to explain that and also their registrations which we will provide. 

My question is any other supporting docs that I should provide as well? Also any possibility for a visa approval? 

Anyone experienced or have any knowledge on this matter, I would very appreciate it if you could give me some advice. Thank you 

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 11:26, Sunveer said:

Hi Mate, Can you please confirm if your application got approved as I have got a similar query .

Yes mate. I'm citizen now. If you do your research on auditing standards regarding audit team. There is no need for you to have a registration as long as you work in audit team under registered lead auditor. 

I wrote a letter base on my situation and quote the auditing standards that I found it is supportive for my case. Then, I got my lead auditor read and signed off for me for 186 visa application.

• 11 months later...
On 25/08/2020 at 11:24, TommyC said:

Yes mate. I'm citizen now. If you do your research on auditing standards regarding audit team. There is no need for you to have a registration as long as you work in audit team under registered lead auditor. 

I wrote a letter base on my situation and quote the auditing standards that I found it is supportive for my case. Then, I got my lead auditor read and signed off for me for 186 visa application.

Hi @TommyC, thx for this info.Its truly hard to locate something like this. Can you pls update me if you had success with the application doing just what you descibred. im a bit worried about the requirement for license.

7 hours ago, LLLLc said:

Hi @TommyC, thx for this info.Its truly hard to locate something like this. Can you pls update me if you had success with the application doing just what you descibred. im a bit worried about the requirement for license.

Yes he did get approved.  Like he said in his post, he is a citizen now. You need to follow the process he details.