Certification of documents by Aus in UK!

Castling

Hi all,  

This is a very specific ask and I am not sure if I have put it in the right forum, but here goes. 

I have my 189 visa and I am moving to Perth. I am a teacher. To teach in WA I need to apply to the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia (TRBWA). I have done that from the UK. But. And this is the big but where I am drawing blanks- I need an Australian citizen to certify my documents  who is registered to work in their profession in Aus from the list of occupations on this document: Publication-certifying-documents-informa

I live in the NE of the UK. If I go to the embassy in London they charge £41 per document!!! I need about 10 docs certifying! Which is unaffordable and unrealistic. I can’t wait until I am in Aus as there is a time limit, and I will not be there within the time limit.

So I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone has contacts with an Australian citizen living in the UK who can certify some documents for me!! ???

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated! Anyone been through this? What did you do?

TIA ??

Contact the nursing body in Australia and ask who could do this for you in the UK. there should be an equivalent list. If solicitor is on there then negotiate with a high street office for  a bulk signing with you providing the copies.

Unfortunately this isn’t possible for teaching. Already tried to use a Uk equivalent and it was rejected ☹️
Thanks though.

As a physio, my wife's list of eligible people to sign off her documents was very limited as she was applying from overseas (within Australia it's a mile long).  We had to get a notary public in the end, which in the UK is expensive but here in Australia is free!  Had you been in London there are many Aussie teachers working there, but the NE less so.  You could try searching for an Aussie teachers forum in the UK to see if there are any near you.

I'm afraid all I can say is good luck.

Edited to add it's JPs that are free in, in QLD at least - Notary Public's are still expensive!

Edited by Croft
  • Thanks 1