189 Partner Skills - Claiming Points

horsemad1976

Can someone clarify that in order to claim the additional 5 points for ‘Partner Skills’ does the partner need to sit the IELTS test if they hold a UK Passport?

All other criteria is met - age, job is on skills list for 189 and will be assessed by appropriate authority (more expensive than the main applicant!) [emoji15]

From the screen shots from the homeaffairs website I have taken I am under the impression that the test does not need to be taken if a UK passport is held...

(Hoping I am right as it will save us £165 that we can put towards the qualifications being assessed instead!)

Many thanks :)

IMG_1835.jpgIMG_1836.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wondered if one of the lovely Migration Agents on here would be able to offer some advice please?

190 Vic Nominated.

For ease of my question let's assume all criteria is met & Vic invites us to apply. In order to claim 5 points for partner skilled (age criteria, UK passport holder & skills assessment positive all met) both main applicant and partner occupation ANZSCO codes appear on the same skilled occupation list - all requirements in order to claim additional 5 points. 

Here is where I am looking for some advice - will it matter if the main applicant's occupation code is required in Vic and the partner's occupation code isn't in terms of claiming the additional 5 points? Everywhere I have read/researched only indicates that the jobs need to be on the same 'list' which they are...

Sorry for the waffle, would be grateful for some clarity.

Many thanks in advance :)