457 visa change help

Dave1986

Hi, 

I have been on a 457 visa for nearly 4 years and am desperately trying to find a pathway to PR - I have started a family in Australia and feel sick now at the thought of having to go back to England. 

Unfortunately my issue has been that I changed employers part way through my 457 visa and now that I cant renew on a 457 visa and my job is on the new short term list I may not be able to get PR. 

I wish I did not change employers but I was being taken advantage of due to the visa restrictions and ended up suffering from serious mental health issues - I quit thinking that was it for me but found a great employer who takes great care of me. 

Is anyone else in a similar situation and has anyone got any ideas on ways to get around the 2 year same employer rule? 

Thanks,

Dave

The advice I was given was that we would have to go onto the new TSS visa and then wouldnt be able to apply for PR from there? 

I will ask the lawyers about DE and see what they say! I have a meeting with them tomorrow and was asking here to get some ideas to float to them if anyone has been through similar. 

Thanks for the help guys. 

Dave

3 hours ago, Dave1986 said:

The advice I was given was that we would have to go onto the new TSS visa and then wouldnt be able to apply for PR from there? 

I will ask the lawyers about DE and see what they say! I have a meeting with them tomorrow and was asking here to get some ideas to float to them if anyone has been through similar. 

Thanks for the help guys. 

Dave

It isn't a lawyer you need. You need to speak to a good registered migration agent.

You may be eligible for a skilled visa if the state are sponsoring your occupation.