Skilled visa 189 electrician. How long have you waited for visa granted?

fionaallan1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, reubs2016 said:

General electrician here. Waiting months for an EOI for 189 to no avail. Lodged 190 EOI for NSW in Nov invited weeks later took 10weeks for approval tho, Lodged visa yesterday. My advise is to go for 190/489 also if possible

Can I ask how many points you have?

13 hours ago, fionaallan1 said:

No one done 189 for Victoria? Everyone on here been talking about going with the 190 but does that mean you need to them stay in that same state for so many years?

I think you have to stay in the same state for 3 years, where going to qld so can't apply for a 190. 

On 02/03/2018 at 09:17, reubs2016 said:

General electrician here. Waiting months for an EOI for 189 to no avail. Lodged 190 EOI for NSW in Nov invited weeks later took 10weeks for approval tho, Lodged visa yesterday. My advise is to go for 190/489 also if possible

How many months was you waiting? where hoping to be invited around June time on 70 points, we can't apply for a 190 for qld and that is where our relatives are so wouldn't like to go to another state so looks like we will have to wait.

We are in the same position! 60 points (electrician) lodged originally Aug 2017. Managed to get superior in English but when we updated the points to 70, we had a new EOI date Feb 18. Also got family in QLD, and with 4 kids in tow do not fancy the state nomination route. Guess it's a waiting game now until the summer at least for an invite!

• 1 year later...
Just now, James H said:

On 08/03/2018 at 23:25, Pellegrini said:

We are in the same position! 60 points (electrician) lodged originally Aug 2017. Managed to get superior in English but when we updated the points to 70, we had a new EOI date Feb 18. Also got family in QLD, and with 4 kids in tow do not fancy the state nomination route. Guess it's a waiting game now until the summer at least for an invite!