Advice

coryashton

Hey guys...after some advice! I’m currently on a WHV which is due to end in May when I will go onto my bridging visa. I currently work for an engineering company through a recruitment agency. My query is once I’ve done 6 months with this engineering company on the recruitment agencies books can I then transfer over and be employed by the engineering company and do another 6 months with them and not break the rule of only working for someone for 6 months on a WHV?

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Strictly speaking, no.  In practice, my niece worked for the same recruitment agency for nine months and got away with it.  My niece worked for a government department for 12 months and no one noticed. So who knows?

Yeah, go ahead, break the rules......just remember if you get caught then there is a good chance of being deported and banned from the country.

We used to be able to employ WHVs for much longer periods as our engineering company was split into 4 ABNs and a holding company.  If we liked the person working for us we would just transfer them between the different subsidiary companies.  Doesn't answer your question directly, but ask your boss whether they have that sort of arrangement, it worked for us for ages until we were bought out by an international company.

• Like 1

We used to be able to employ WHVs for much longer periods as our engineering company was split into 4 ABNs and a holding company.  If we liked the person working for us we would just transfer them between the different subsidiary companies.  Doesn't answer your question directly, but ask your boss whether they have that sort of arrangement, it worked for us for ages until we were bought out by an international company.

The company have 2 separate ABN’s so they’ve already suggested putting me on a contract using the second ABN until our visa comes through.