189 EOI with 70 points

Amangalore

70 points under those categories will not get an invite this cycle, which ends 30 June.

From July 1 a new cycle will begin and then its anyone's guess.

If you could go for state sponsorship to NWS and add 5 points and submit EOI on 75 points you would have a much better chance.

Guest Anna9879
3 hours ago, scubacam said:

I’ve heard the wait is long but I also heard that accountants weren’t getting invited.  I applied for 189 & 190 in June. I still haven’t heard from 189 but got our 190 invite in September so perhaps look there too

got ur visa?

5 hours ago, Amangalore said:

Hi, I have applied for my EOI 189 under Accountant and Auditor categories in March 2017 when can I expect an invite?

Sorry to be direct, but with 70 points for accountant you will not get an invite this year, and likely not next.

At the moment there have been no 189 invites for accountants for 4 rounds, and the 80 pointers are backed up, so even once it starts moving again you will be down the queue.

I personally have an issue with the process for accountants as you don't need experience, with up to 10 points available for study in Australia (5 for study, 5 for regional study) and I feel it is being abused.  However until they change the process I recommend working out how you can add points to get to 75 for 190 or 80 for 189.

What is your points breakdown to get to 70?