175 VISA Expired

tomwilliam

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is any priority given to you if you have already been granted a skilled visa but have let it lapse but want to apply again from scratch. 

Could it still take a couple of years? 

From reading other posts i think our chances of an RRV have past as we initiated  our visa back in 2010 and it expired in 2015 however we have been back on holiday both in 2016 and 2017 on a holiday visa. 

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks 

Until I read the bit about the holidays, I would have said go for a RRV as there is a lot of leniency in granting an RRV particularly if there is a good reason you didn't make the move. But, your holiday visas probably cancelled your PR visa as one visa cancels previous ones. Though it would be worth checking VEVO to see if it is still on there.

If you have to make a new application, then the previous 175 isn't going to help. Though there aren't many taking a couple of years. But you would have to check you are still eligible as a lot has changed since you applied including the age limit being reduced to 45 and a lot of occupations removed

17 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Until I read the bit about the holidays, I would have said go for a RRV as there is a lot of leniency in granting an RRV particularly if there is a good reason you didn't make the move.

Is that true, VeryStormy?   I thought if you didn't make the move and you couldn't demonstrate a REALLY good reason for not making the move, you stood no chance.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Is that true, VeryStormy?   I thought if you didn't make the move and you couldn't demonstrate a REALLY good reason for not making the move, you stood no chance.  

We have had members who I would have thought had no chance of an RRV but managed to get one, usually only a 12 month one. It seems to be at the discretion of the CO

we previously had 175 visas but did not make the move due to a succession of terminal illness in family. They expired in 2017. A couple of months later and we were in a position to reapply. Briefly dallied with idea of RRV but could not prove substabtial ties so didnt bother trying. We started from scratch with 189 and 60 points, submitted end of May and granted November - so doubt any priority given. We declared previous 175 alongside previous holiday visas.

Hope you are still able to apply with all the changes and good luck! 

9 hours ago, tomwilliam said:

Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is any priority given to you if you have already been granted a skilled visa but have let it lapse but want to apply again from scratch. 

Could it still take a couple of years? 

From reading other posts i think our chances of an RRV have past as we initiated  our visa back in 2010 and it expired in 2015 however we have been back on holiday both in 2016 and 2017 on a holiday visa. 

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks 

It would be worth exploring if there is any chance of an RRV, as this would be a much quicker and cheaper option.

If an RRV is not an option, you would need to apply under the new system, which is generally more difficult than the old 175.

No priority would be given due to your prior visa history and any new skilled application would be judged against its own merits, against the latest Regulations.