457 transition to Pr

apj696

Hi, I got my 457 in sept 2015 so I’m now getting ready to apply for PR through the employer sponsor transition scheme. I have 1 dependent (my daughter) on my current 457.

I’m trying to figure out whether I need to use an agent to help or if it’s pretty simple to do it myself ( with my employer as my sponsor )

Anyone done it themselves or does everyone use agents now as things get so complicated?

I can’t think it can be that difficult as I have all the paperwork that I needed for my 457. I’m assuming I can still use the same police check etc that I had for the 457?

Any advice would be appreciated

37 minutes ago, apj696 said:

Hi, I got my 457 in sept 2015 so I’m now getting ready to apply for PR through the employer sponsor transition scheme. I have 1 dependent (my daughter) on my current 457.

I’m trying to figure out whether I need to use an agent to help or if it’s pretty simple to do it myself ( with my employer as my sponsor )

Anyone done it themselves or does everyone use agents now as things get so complicated?

I can’t think it can be that difficult as I have all the paperwork that I needed for my 457. I’m assuming I can still use the same police check etc that I had for the 457?

Hi 

TBH, if you got all paperwork of company and yourself then DIY. Agents cost around 4-6 grants which is just to upload documents on immi...

If its complicated in any sense say by short of papers or training benchmark issues then its a good idea to use agent.

15 hours ago, apj696 said:

Where most of these fall over is the nomination stage. Many employers simply assume that all is OK, but in reality have no concept of what is actually required to meet the criteria of the 186 nomination. I have seen self prepared nominations be refused over very basic mistakes.

If the nomination fails, the associated 186 visa will also fail.

To complicate matters, Immigration is adopting the approach of simply refusing applications if critical documents are missing, rather than sending out requests letters.

15 hours ago, Fida said:

TBH, if you got all paperwork of company and yourself then DIY. Agents cost around 4-6 grants which is just to upload documents on immi...

In this thread  which is about a 186 where the company and applicant lodged themselves, made a simple mistake and got refused, your advice was  "You need the BEST agent to fight back"

Yet in this one, your advice is DIY and that Agents  just "upload documents to IMMI". In other threads you even advise people that YOU can help them with the visa application process.

Very confusing messages?

1 hour ago, Raul Senise said:

In this thread  which is about a 186 where the company and applicant lodged themselves, made a simple mistake and got refused, your advice was  "You need the BEST agent to fight back"

Yet in this one, your advice is DIY and that Agents  just "upload documents to IMMI". In other threads you even advise people that YOU can help them with the visa application process.

Very confusing messages?

Good Morning Raul

First of All - Thank You for paying attention to all my Posts.

Secondly, I write my advise/suggestion based on heard/seen/shared experiences from colleagues and from people around with a mixture of reading Immi website as like any other member on this forum does! IS that WRONG? ? ?

18 hours ago, apj696 said:

Based on  above, I said it. was it WRONG? 

I understand how equally important and valuable every case or application is !!

Choosing an Agent is purely one's choice based on profile and many other reasons, I also know that agents are equally important for immigration matters and i value them for their works

Beside all this, Department website is clear about Using MARA.

Thanks.