190 NSW Visa - Nursing

ilovefeffer

Hi there, I'm new to the forum,

It's really interesting reading everyone's experiences and tips.

I am a newly qualified nurse (4 months working), wanting to apply for a 190 NSW visa - I wondered if anyone knew what the chances are of it being granted it with only 65 points?

(Age 36 = 25 points, English language = 20 points, degree = 15 points, NSW sponsorship = 5 points).

I lived in Perth for 2 years several years ago, and am desperate to get out of London and back to the sun!.. But very nervous of spending so much money with no guarantee of the visa being granted. I have contacted several visa agents, and have been told they've had similar cases granted for 190 NSW. But not sure that I can trust them!

Thanks so much in advance for any help,

Sophie

2 hours ago, ilovefeffer said:

I am a newly qualified nurse (4 months working), wanting to apply for a 190 NSW visa - I wondered if anyone knew what the chances are of it being granted it with only 65 points?

(Age 36 = 25 points, English language = 20 points, degree = 15 points, NSW sponsorship = 5 points).

I lived in Perth for 2 years several years ago, and am desperate to get out of London and back to the sun!.. But very nervous of spending so much money with no guarantee of the visa being granted. I have contacted several visa agents, and have been told they've had similar cases granted for 190 NSW. But not sure that I can trust them!

Sophie

Hi Sophie, 

The required score for invitation is 60, However Immi decides on which applicant to choose for invitation. I would suggest you to apply for 186 and 489 visa, and wait for your Invitation. 

a

8 hours ago, Fida said:

Hi Sophie, 

The required score for invitation is 60, However Immi decides on which applicant to choose for invitation. I would suggest you to apply for 186 and 489 visa, and wait for your Invitation. 

she cant just aply for a 186 and the 489 requirements are the same as a 190, but the 190 is a far superior visa.

45 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

a

she cant just aply for a 186 and the 489 requirements are the same as a 190, but the 190 is a far superior visa.

Hi Verystormy 

Sorry Error in Writing, I mean 190 and 489..

As i'm in pain of 186 long wait - its on my mind always lol

On 2/1/2018 at 07:53, Fida said:

Hi Sophie, 

Apologies i Meant to write 189, 190 and 489 visas... 

186 is entirely different. 

On 2/1/2018 at 07:55, Fida said:

And  I Believe you don't need an Agent, you can file yourself and save some $$$ :)

For Nurses, Its pretty Straightforward . I can assist you if you like ( If I Can)

On 2/1/2018 at 07:55, Fida said:

And  I Believe you don't need an Agent, you can file yourself and save some $$$ :)

For Nurses, Its pretty Straightforward . I can assist you if you like ( If I Can)

When i say Assist..... I purely mean following Dept website and related assessment bodies website and following as its steps for Application....

Please not I'm not an AGENT...

On 31/01/2018 at 20:55, Fida said:

Hi, I'm also new to the forum.

I'm just starting the process and was struggling with whether to go with an agent or DIY. I've got 2 years experience, hows the job situation? I've just requested my transcript from Uni, any pointers would be most appreciated.

Also I think it will be nice to have people in the same situation to 'share' the journey with.

Thanks

Lilly

1 minute ago, LillyKay said:

Hi, I'm also new to the forum.

I'm just starting the process and was struggling with whether to go with an agent or DIY. I've got 2 years experience, hows the job situation? I've just requested my transcript from Uni, any pointers would be most appreciated.

Also I think it will be nice to have people in the same situation to 'share' the journey with.

Thanks

Lilly

Hi Lily,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please be advised that I'm not an MARA Agent, it is all my self readings on Department Website. 

What is your profession/ qualification level and Country ?

Its your decision to go for an agent/DIY based on your circumstances. I cant comment on it. :) But There are many agents on this site that you can communicate with.

Yes, it is very helpful to share the journey with people of same Interest.

On 01/02/2018 at 06:55, Fida said:

Bit of a call to say they don't need an agent when you have nto assessed their background - character checks, children, health checks, etc etc  any of these for starters can make an agent invaluable, even just for a first review of the case.

Also, be very careful when offering to assist people with their applications in the way that you did in your post. There is a difference between posting information ona public forum, and actually assisting someone with their application. If you do the latter then you would need to be mentioned on the application form as providing assistance. Also, I don't know your current location, but if you are in Australia then you must be a registered agent in order to provide assistance in that way.

Stick to posting information gleaned during your visa journey, and be wary of offering personal assistance like this - for you own good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Fida said:

Hi Lily,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please be advised that I'm not an MARA Agent, it is all my self readings on Department Website. 

What is your profession/ qualification level and Country ?

Its your decision to go for an agent/DIY based on your circumstances. I cant comment on it. :) But There are many agents on this site that you can communicate with.

Yes, it is very helpful to share the journey with people of same Interest.

Thanks for your reply. I understood that you were not an agent and would therefore not be offering professional opinion. I'm a nurse registered in the UK, degree level, almost 2 and a half years experience. 

Thanks once again for your input xx

Hi all,

Thanks so so much for all of the messages, it's so nice to hear from other people in the same situation!

Hi Lilly, I'm unsure about using a visa agent / DIY too, but feel as though using an agent should maximise my chances. Hopefully!

By the sounds of it, the job situation for nurses is good over there - it shouldn't be too hard finding a job.

5 hours ago, ilovefeffer said:

Hi all,

Thanks so so much for all of the messages, it's so nice to hear from other people in the same situation!

Hi Lilly, I'm unsure about using a visa agent / DIY too, but feel as though using an agent should maximise my chances. Hopefully!

By the sounds of it, the job situation for nurses is good over there - it shouldn't be too hard finding a job.

As someone who has been a member of the forum for a long time and gone through 3 visas and citizenship, you have the correct view on agents. It is very easy to get a refusal which is at best very expensive and at worst devastating as it can be accompanied by a ban from reapplying. 

Do not though assume it is easy to get a job. It used to be for nurses but times have changed and a couple of states have made redundancies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

As someone who has been a member of the forum for a long time and gone through 3 visas and citizenship, you have the correct view on agents. It is very easy to get a refusal which is at best very expensive and at worst devastating as it can be accompanied by a ban from reapplying. 

Do not though assume it is easy to get a job. It used to be for nurses but times have changed and a couple of states have made redundancies. 

I would agree with this. I am a nurse in Victoria and jobs are less plentiful. There are more casual or short term contracts than there used to be. I change jobs regularly as a rule but I have never felt so vulnerable at work as I do now. Funding gets cut, jobs go. Simple as that.

If I lost my job today I don’t know when I’d get another to be honest. Previously (6 years ago)I walked out on a job (it was a ridiculous work place ) and the next afternoon I was offered another job. Times have changed.

It will depend on your area of work obviously. Have a look on seek.com.au which will give you an idea of what is around for you. 

I completed my own visa application 13 years ago without a second thought. If I had to do one now I would be using an agent no question. I made a couple of errors back then and was refused, I simply rang the CO and demanded they re-look at my application as the information was on the 2nd page not the 1st and they apologised and did and I was issued my visa!!!

Chances of that happening now would be zero. Costs are far greater, you have so much to lose and the process is more complex from what I can tell. Do yourself a favour and get professional help would be my advice. 

All the best to you whatever you decide.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amber Snowball said:

I would agree with this. I am a nurse in Victoria and jobs are less plentiful. There are more casual or short term contracts than there used to be. I change jobs regularly as a rule but I have never felt so vulnerable at work as I do now. Funding gets cut, jobs go. Simple as that.

If I lost my job today I don’t know when I’d get another to be honest. Previously (6 years ago)I walked out on a job (it was a ridiculous work place ) and the next afternoon I was offered another job. Times have changed.

It will depend on your area of work obviously. Have a look on seek.com.au which will give you an idea of what is around for you. 

I completed my own visa application 13 years ago without a second thought. If I had to do one now I would be using an agent no question. I made a couple of errors back then and was refused, I simply rang the CO and demanded they re-look at my application as the information was on the 2nd page not the 1st and they apologised and did and I was issued my visa!!!

Chances of that happening now would be zero. Costs are far greater, you have so much to lose and the process is more complex from what I can tell. Do yourself a favour and get professional help would be my advice. 

All the best to you whatever you decide.

Similar situation here in Perth regarding jobs - a lot of fixed term contracts and not unusual in the public sector to get offered 2 years with a possibility of permanent.   There were redundancies in Perth - however, these weren't generally nurses on the ground floor - rather positions a little up the ladder or positions being  abolished in re-organisation.  We have had vacant positions that haven't been able to be filled permanently due to budget constraints.

Sadly, getting a job isn't as easy as it used to be, I know as a regular convener and panel member, availability is something considered if candidates score similarly - organisations aren't prepared to wait months  for someone to arrive anymore.

• Like 1

OH wow, that is so much for the information, I had no idea that the job situation there was so bad - I had expected it to be similar to England, where there are a ludicrous number of nursing positions vacant.

i am certainly going to use a visa agent, because the whole business seems like a mine field! If a visa agent says that they think you have a good chance of having a visa granted, do you think you can trust them? Im worried that they just want my money and don't care about the outcome too much!

Edited by ilovefeffer

10 minutes ago, ilovefeffer said:

OH wow, that is so much for the information, I had no idea that the job situation there was so bad - I had expected it to be similar to England, where there are a ludicrous number of nursing positions vacant.

i am certainly going to use a visa agent, because the whole business seems like a mine field! If a visa agent says that they think you have a good chance of having a visa granted, do you think you can trust them? Im worried that they just want my money and don't care about the outcome too much!

The agents that post regularly on here have good reputations and wouldn't take your money if there was no chance of a visa.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 18:05, ilovefeffer said:

"I have contacted several visa agents, and have been told they've had similar cases granted for 190 NSW. But not sure that I can trust them!"

Interesting you trust information in an online forum but not from registered migration agents... Which agents have you been speaking to?

Edited by Johnny123456

On 1/31/2018 at 18:05, ilovefeffer said:

Sophie

Hi Sophie

Im a nurse too with 65 points and 5 more for NSW sponsorship. Ive just been nominated by NSW an now waiting for their decision. Not much of a difference except that ive been qualified for 8 years.  NSW nominate every 2 weeks wish u luck