Immi Account

oliver27

I’m looking to start a 309 visa very soon through the immi account. I have a few questions if you don’t mind...

• I don’t have all my supporting docs ready yet, but at the same time would like to make a start on my application. What can you actually fill in and ‘save’ before actually making a payment and submitting?
  • Related to the above, I assume you can only submit supporting docs once you have paid and submitted an application?
  • Which forms can you essentially complete online, and which forms do you have to print out, fill in, and sign, then scan back in (if any)? I know Form 888s have to be uploaded like the latter, but what about other forms that applicant and sponsor fill in? Are these ‘built in’ to the immi account so you can just do it online?
  • For both applicant and sponsor statements, do these need to be typed out and then uploaded as a document (singular?) or is there a place we just type this in? If the latter, is this just one statement or split into sections?

Thanks!

Have you read the booklet explaining the process for this type of visa? Its 60 pages and contains all the information  you need to know. 

I printed it all last night and when we are ready to apply i will keep referring to the booklet for guidance, its very informative. 

Hope this helps :)

Good luck with your application.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2018 at 09:24, oliver27 said:

I’m looking to start a 309 visa very soon through the immi account. I have a few questions if you don’t mind...

• I don’t have all my supporting docs ready yet, but at the same time would like to make a start on my application. What can you actually fill in and ‘save’ before actually making a payment and submitting?
  • Related to the above, I assume you can only submit supporting docs once you have paid and submitted an application?
  • Which forms can you essentially complete online, and which forms do you have to print out, fill in, and sign, then scan back in (if any)? I know Form 888s have to be uploaded like the latter, but what about other forms that applicant and sponsor fill in? Are these ‘built in’ to the immi account so you can just do it online?
  • For both applicant and sponsor statements, do these need to be typed out and then uploaded as a document (singular?) or is there a place we just type this in? If the latter, is this just one statement or split into sections?

Thanks!

Don't think you can upload and save anything til you've paid. 

I think if you are going to submit, you can see clearly once you've paid and lodged what you can and cannot do in the online application. You'll need to upload your supporting evidence, fill in the forms required on your application online and provide what is asked for. Form 888 is done by others so you'd scan and upload those I'd expect. If you don't have your supporting evidence ready yet, I'd be wary lodging till you do have it. It could be important things that you are missing and its a lot of money to lose if you are missing a document or crucial piece of evidence to support your application. There is a document checklist you can refer to. 

The partner visa booklet is a handy read to get your head round the process and what is expected. It hasn't been updated to reflect the online application only I don't think. Also large parts won't apply as its the 309 stage you are applying for and the PMV and on shore things won't be relevant. 

17 hours ago, snifter said:

Don't think you can upload and save anything til you've paid. 

I think if you are going to submit, you can see clearly once you've paid and lodged what you can and cannot do in the online application. You'll need to upload your supporting evidence, fill in the forms required on your application online and provide what is asked for. Form 888 is done by others so you'd scan and upload those I'd expect. If you don't have your supporting evidence ready yet, I'd be wary lodging till you do have it. It could be important things that you are missing and its a lot of money to lose if you are missing a document or crucial piece of evidence to support your application. There is a document checklist you can refer to. 

The partner visa booklet is a handy read to get your head round the process and what is expected. It hasn't been updated to reflect the online application only I don't think. Also large parts won't apply as its the 309 stage you are applying for and the PMV and on shore things won't be relevant. 

Thank you. I submitted today.

just have a question about sponsors form 40SP now - we started lodging this through my immiaccount as a separate application (but linked via TRN). Is this right?