and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

32 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Sadly , it's just starting .

The e.u needs to fill a 62 BILLION EUROS OVER 7 YEARS HOLE , LEFT BY BRITAIN .

The squabbling has already started within the e.u .

The french are sending out the word that they are going to play hard ball , in relation to a deal that must include fishing rights 😂😂😂😂😂.

Britain now has a team of 40 working on any future arrangements .

I hope ,its a hard brexit on WTO rules , with a few agreements for the car industry etc .

Clean break , and start again as friends and partners , but with no alignment .

We can then assist from the outside when the e.u ship starts to sink .

It's taking on water already 

That’s a big hole to fill money wise , which was pointed out many times over last 3 years , maybe the eu are starting to understand it’s not all one way traffic 

• Like 1

Here we go.

Sajid Javid resigns because Herr Cummings and he don’t see eye to eye and he doesn’t like Sajid’s advisors. Keep a look out for more from Herr Cummings. It not ‘here we go’ at all, it’s been with us since 2016 and has a little way to go yet.

59 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

That’s a big hole to fill money wise , which was pointed out many times over last 3 years , maybe the eu are starting to understand it’s not all one way traffic 

Rally - it never was one way traffic - it's just that some people out there bought the bs .

The e.u are not in a position to hammer us .

Remember those on this forum " the e.u will never do a deal " 

" Britain will have to back down " 

Britain should be going for a clean no deal brexit .

Not because we are anti european , but because this thing could drag on for years if there are any regulatory attachments .

The u.k buys €100 billion worth of e.u goods per year .

£8 billion a year NET outgoings from the u.k to the e.u 

The german car industry will be having kittens ,if a deal is not done .

Every other car on the road here is a BMW,  merc , Audi,  skoda or occasionally a Porsche. 

We are germanys 2and biggest importer of their cars .

Threaten the u.k all you like .

We are an island , with our own currency , which just happens to be the 5th or 6th richest economy on the planet .

Even with the worst case scenario , we will survive .

Unfortunately , as 27 , the e.u wont .

• Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

4 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Rally - it never was one way traffic - it's just that some people out there bought the bs .

The e.u are not in a position to hammer us .

Remember those on this forum " the e.u will never do a deal " 

" Britain will have to back down " 

Britain should be going for a clean no deal brexit .

Not because we are anti european , but because this thing could drag on for years if there are any regulatory attachments .

The u.k buys €100 billion worth of e.u goods per year .

£8 billion a year NET outgoings from the u.k to the e.u 

The german car industry will be having kittens ,if a deal is not done .

Every other car on the road here is a BMW,  merc , Audi,  skoda or occasionally a Porsche. 

We are germanys 2and biggest importer of their cars .

Threaten the u.k all you like .

We are an island , with our own currency , which just happens to be the 5th or 6th richest economy on the planet .

Even with the worst case scenario , we will survive .

Unfortunately , as 27 , the e.u wont .

Agree 💯 chickens coming home to roost 

uk is a massive economy not to be sneered at by any means. Not adopting the euro was best thing Uk  never did 

• Like 4

I think I heard that the uk was the 6th biggest economy in the world- not bad considering the size of the place.

2 hours ago, starlight7 said:

I think I heard that the uk was the 6th biggest economy in the world- not bad considering the size of the place.

Yes , bigger economy than russia .

And in my humble opinion about to get even better 

No deal brexit please 

• Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

3 hours ago, Rallyman said:

Agree 💯 chickens coming home to roost 

uk is a massive economy not to be sneered at by any means. Not adopting the euro was best thing Uk  never did 

If we had listened to tony blair , we would be well and truly in the shite , having adopted the euro , which is going to tank .

It was Gordon brown that decided to keep pound sterling. 

Our saving grace 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

5 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

If we had listened to tony blair , we would be well and truly in the shite , having adopted the euro , which is going to tank .

It was Gordon brown that decided to keep pound sterling. 

Our saving grace 

Forever grateful for the “Brown” years....😂

1 hour ago, kungfustu said:

Forever grateful for the “Brown” years....😂

And Tony's invasion of iraq 

I miss old " teflon tony " 😜

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

8 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Cummings strikes again

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/17/no-10-refuses-to-comment-on-pms-views-of-racial-iq

But then maybe his views are now mainstream

Really is this what we are reduced to. 

Was this what brexit brings us

Thankfully, he's resigned now (shamed into it).

I would have expected that the Prime Minister condemned it, then 'advised' Boris to sack him. Alas, no such leadership.

Quite telling that the conversations took place on Cummings' own website; an insight into the calibre of human being he attracts.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2020 at 10:15, ssiri said:

Is there a reason to rope in Karl Marx into a conversation about Cummings and his authoritarian tendencies, akin to a Nazi tyrant? You are clear Nazism and Marxism are very different propositions - polar opposites, in fact??????

Next you’ll be telling me that Mein Kampf was written by Marx. Get there to that library!

Polar opposites? Start out at the North pole and follow 0 degrees of Longitude, while someone else starts out at the North pole in the opposite direction (180 degrees of longitude) you are  very clearly not going the same way (could even call them polar opposites, in fact). Yet you'll both get to the South pole eventually.

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Polar opposites? Start out at the North pole and follow 0 degrees of Longitude, while someone else starts out at the North pole in the opposite direction (180 degrees of longitude) you are  very clearly not going the same way (could even call them polar opposites, in fact). Yet you'll both get to the South pole eventually.

Righty O. Your assumption was that the destination was the same. It isn’t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ssiri said:

Yes maybe, but Ken's post was far more bona fide and accurate than your post.  And a whole lot more food for thought as well.

• Like 2

Leo Varadkar unleashes fury at EU crunch summit as he slams 'unacceptable' budget demands

LEO VARADKAR hit out at the European Council's "unacceptable terms" during a crunch EU budget summit on Friday as the former Irish Prime Minister confirmed the bloc won't make an agreement today.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1245439/eu-news-eu-budget-2020-brexit-news-brussels-leo-varadkar-ireland-trade

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 10:43, ssiri said:

I believe you'll find this accurately illustrates how far apart extreme left wing and extreme right wing are

csm_Lempertz-1136-398-Asian-Art-A-mother-of-pearl-netsuke_1284809001.jpg

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Blue passports are back from next month 👍

Just as the e.u begins to fracture .

skynews-new-uk-passport-blue-passport_4926748.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

I saw that. I quite like the colour of our current ones. I’m not really bothered what colour they are but the dark red is a bit nicer I think.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I saw that. I quite like the colour of our current ones. I’m not really bothered what colour they are but the dark red is a bit nicer I think.

Back to the blue ones , iam not bothered about the colour as such .

But the blue ones are  part of our heritage , and another step away from the e.u .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Back to the blue ones , iam not bothered about the colour as such .

But the blue ones are  part of our heritage , and another step away from the e.u .

The Australian ones which are almost black look good I think.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

I believe you'll find this accurately illustrates how far apart extreme left wing and extreme right wing are

csm_Lempertz-1136-398-Asian-Art-A-mother-of-pearl-netsuke_1284809001.thumb.jpg.b44a779e1e0e2e84b666cd6cec62c6ea.jpg

They are. The ideologies most certainly are. what binds them together is the fact that they are extreme.

In Europe, Rule of Law, Climate Change, Rights for minorities, abrogating the tyranny of the majority etc. are seen as centrist not extreme views. Clearly thats not the case in the US snd those states that seek to ape the US. Thankfully the UK is not the poodle of the US. Evidence for this is seem in the fact that Huawei will be involved in the UK’s 5G roll out. Further evidence of this is in the fact that despite despite leaving the EU, as evidenced by the ICO website (those with the authority to enforce these things) data privacy and protection, breaches of data and GDPR will currently be enforced, (and also post transition from the EU) - as subsumed into the ‘UK GDPR’ .

In sum those who maliciously or accidentally publish personal or identifiable data of people, without the consent of those people. or don’t report the breach to the ICO and those affected or seek to defame individuals or publish information without consent, can reasonably find themselves having to cough up fines in the 100s of thousands of £s where found wanting. This is how much the UK, will remain centrist, going forward. Thank bloody goodness for that.

yep. agree.

Here’s the Brexit bonus people have been going on about, perhaps?

10 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

To be made in Europe btw.  Oh, the irony.

• Like 4