and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Hmmmmmmm

Pictures released on Saturday appeared to show Mr Johnson and Ms Symonds travelling in economy class seats on a British Airways flight to St Lucia, before travelling on to Mustique.

Mr Johnson is reportedly staying with the Von Bismark family – descended from the first German chancellor, Otto Von Bismark – in a £20,000 per week villa which The Times said they had accepted as a gift.

And? i honestly cannot fathom what your point is.

• Like 2

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

12 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Boris and his girlfriend have discreetly flown to st Lucia for their xmas break - a working xmas break 

He didnt get the RAF to fly him at a reported cost of £100,000, as he was entitled to .

They flew economy with B.A at a personal cost of £1300 

Fair play to him 

What a man of the people.  Maybe like Scomo he books economy expecting a free upgrade to first class being such a VIP and all?  Or maybe he learned a lesson from last time: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/10/boris-defends-using-private-jet-84-mile-journey-11601936/ or the time before: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/boris-johnson-private-jet-raf-brexit-force-one-new-york-flight-transatlantic-climate-change-a9119446.html or the time before that: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45201308

Fair play to him and what a photo op...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peach said:

What a man of the people.  Maybe like Scomo he books economy expecting a free upgrade to first class being such a VIP and all?  Or maybe he learned a lesson from last time: https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/10/boris-defends-using-private-jet-84-mile-journey-11601936/ or the time before: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/boris-johnson-private-jet-raf-brexit-force-one-new-york-flight-transatlantic-climate-change-a9119446.html or the time before that: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-45201308

Fair play to him and what a photo op...

The long and the short of it is ordinary Joe Public is fed up of politicians and royalty jetting around first class or in private jets at the expence of the tax payer.  At long last they have realised it's best to keep us all happy by flying cattle class just like the rest of us as the media are quick to point out how much they are all costing us on their flights etc.

8 hours ago, Toots said:

The long and the short of it is ordinary Joe Public is fed up of politicians and royalty jetting around first class or in private jets at the expence of the tax payer.  At long last they have realised it's best to keep us all happy by flying cattle class just like the rest of us as the media are quick to point out how much they are all costing us on their flights etc.

I agree, most politicians at least 98% dont give a toss about global warming, dont give a toss about poverty, all have private healthcare and look down on the working class as scum. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I agree, most politicians at least 98% dont give a toss about global warming, dont give a toss about poverty, all have private healthcare and look down on the working class as scum. 

So, which party did you vote for then, the one that has just ennobled IDS???

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

25 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

The level of schadenfreude I'm receiving from your bitter posts is highly entertaining 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

The level of schadenfreude I'm receiving from your bitter posts is highly entertaining 🙂

Stick around, it gets better and is superb entertainment 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Who did you vote for?

52 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Wild horses couldn't drag me away!

Some of the nastiness in this thread is not in the slightest entertaining.   Carry on though if that's what keep you happy.  

40 minutes ago, Toots said:

Some of the nastiness in this thread is not in the slightest entertaining.   Carry on though if that's what keep you happy.  

The saddest thing about Chewing the fat forum  is that so many threads been taken over by the same few  posters who indulge in unpleasant and often downright keyboard warriors nastiness by trying to score points while inflicting their narrow views be they left or right on everyone else who has the misfortune to dip in ‘very occasionally in my case, in the desperate hope things might have changed’. 

Discussion is healthy, almost nonexistent now, as my way is the only way it now seems.

Yes I can make use of the ignore button, just sad how pathetic some if not many of the posts are, degenerated to insulting each other.

Time to close the thread?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, ramot said:

The saddest thing about Chewing the fat forum  is that so many threads been taken over by the same few  posters who indulge in unpleasant and often downright keyboard warriors nastiness by trying to score points while inflicting their narrow views be they left or right on everyone else who has the misfortune to dip in ‘very occasionally in my case, in the desperate hope things might have changed’. 

Discussion is healthy, almost nonexistent now, as my way is the only way it now seems.

Yes I can make use of the ignore button, just sad how pathetic some if not many of the posts are, degenerated to insulting each other.

Time to close the thread?

You wouldn't read a book you wouldn't like, but I don't think you can expect the publisher not to publish it just because you don't like it.

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

18 minutes ago, Parley said:

You wouldn't read a book you wouldn't like, but I don't think you can expect the publisher not to publish it just because you don't like it.

True Parley but occasionally I enjoy to read a good, interesting discussion and on the off chance I look at this thread hoping there may be one.  Instead it seems a few angry men with opposing political opinions have reverted to childish behaviour.  Bit pathetic really.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Parley said:

You would obviously be surprised at all the different books I read, but non of them are about a few angry men who appear to have little in their lives apart from bickering about their opposing political views on a non political forum.

Up to the mods to keep the thread going, I was only making a suggestion, not insisting, 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Toots said:

Considering some of the nastiness your side of the spectrum had dished out, I would hope that you wag that sanctamonious finger at them as well. Otherwise, you are just as guilty as the rest of us for upholding a specific point of view unto which you remain vocal. I say this because I have read some of your previous posts which have taken pot-shots at the right, which under most circumstances would make you an absolute hypocrite.

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Considering some of the nastiness your side of the spectrum had dished out, I would hope that you wag that sanctamonious finger at them as well. Otherwise, you are just as guilty as the rest of us for upholding a specific point of view unto which you remain vocal. I say this because I have read some of your previous posts which have taken pot-shots at the right, which under most circumstances would make you an absolute hypocrite.

In the interests of fairness, to an impartial poster, can you clarify your post please? I am having a quiet day today so I went back 10 pages, and found nothing there to justify your comments. 

33 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

What are you on about now.  I would have voted leave.  By the way I am not left wing and I'm not right wing.  Both political parties get right up my nose especially here in Australia.  So go take a chill pill.

Cheers

• Like 1

Just now, ramot said:

In the interests of fairness, to an impartial poster, can you clarify your post please? I am having a quiet day today so I went back 10 pages, and found nothing there to justify your comments. 

@Toots did insult our much loved Prime Minister earlier today.

• Haha 2

I want it all, and I want it now.

Just now, Parley said:

He's another mealy mouthed politician.  They are basically all the bluddy same.  😉

Just now, Parley said:

Just now, Parley said:

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

Missed that one, was it 11 pages ago?

7 minutes ago, Toots said:

What are you on about now.  I would have voted leave.  By the way I am not left wing and I'm not right wing.  Both political parties get right up my nose especially here in Australia.  So go take a chill pill.

Cheers

I did see you taking pot-shots at the right before. Perhaps not in this thread, but in another. If you want to deny it, that is fine. Life goes on regardless. I'm just pointing out one of the many elephants in the room.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

I did see you taking pot-shots at pro-Brexiters before. Perhaps not in this thread, but in another. If you eant to deny it, that is fine. Life goes on regardless. I'm just pointing out one of the many elephants in the room.

Funny that because if I did vote it would have been to leave.  I worked in Europe prior to the UK joining the EU and it's all I ever really knew.  What I don't like is pointless arguing.  Maybe I did stick up for people who didn't want to leave.  They are perfectly entitled to their opinion.  Anyway it's nothing much to do with me anymore.  I live in Australia and except for a holiday or two I won't be returning to the UK for good.

This thread is about Brexit and not about right or left voting.  The left are just as hopeless as the right   .............  that is here in Australia.  I hope you have taken note of what I am now stating.

Edited by Toots

48 minutes ago, Canada2Australia said:

Forum rules

Abusive, racist or personal insults will not be tolerated 

in case we forget!!!!

4 minutes ago, ramot said:

Forum rules

Abusive, racist or personal insults will not be tolerated 

in case we forget!!!!

Calling someone a hypocrite is now considered "abusive"? If that is the case, then that would imply censorship of those who challenge opposing points of view. And if that were true, then what would be the point in having discussions on various topics? 

You must live in a very sheltered world, my dear snowflake.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Canada2Australia said:

Calling someone a hypocrite is now considered "abusive"?

You must live in a very sheltered world, my dear snowflake.

You love that word "snowflake"  You use it often and you use it as an insult.  Not smart.

• Like 1