register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

On 14/11/2019 at 05:02, Paul1Perth said:

Notice he used the word "uncertainty". If the UK had got it's act together earler you may have been in with a chance. 

He's banking on Germany's name for being good Engineers and organised though.

Tesla are still losing money aren't they.

The germans are brilliant arent they ?

Like the stuttgart 21 rail project - look it up 

Billions of euros over budget - a disaster , and still not finished- if this happened here there would be uproar - especially when we have succeeded with something similar , with crossrail .

I have travelled extensively in germany , and I have seen nothing massively different or better than what goes on in britain .

We were even involved in an accident on the auto bahn,  and the way the scene was handled was vastly inferior to the way an accident would be handled here .

Their vehicles are ahead of ours - but they would be .

After ww2 the germans and the japanese couldn't re arm so they turned their attention to building cars - very good ones at that .

At the same time the brits and americans took their eye off the ball , complacency reigned .

Let's just get out of the e.u , and britain can find its feet and identity once again .

In reference to Elon musk and his vehicles , the jaguar I pace is at least its equal .

When all the major car companies switch to ev , Tesla s time may well be up .

Every country in europe has something to offer , and britain has more than most.

I love europe , but have never returned to solihull wishing I could live somewhere else in europe , especially germany .

• Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

Billions of euros over budget - a disaster , and still not finished- if this happened here there would be uproar - especially when we have succeeded with something similar , with crossrail .

I have travelled extensively in germany , and I have seen nothing massively different or better than what goes on in britain .

We were even involved in an accident on the auto bahn,  and the way the scene was handled was vastly inferior to the way an accident would be handled here .

After ww2 the germans and the japanese couldn't re arm so they turned their attention to building cars - very good ones at that .

At the same time the brits and americans took their eye off the ball , complacency reigned .

Let's just get out of the e.u , and britain can find its feet and identity once again .

In reference to Elon musk and his vehicles , the jaguar I pace is at least its equal .

Every country in europe has something to offer , and britain has more than most.

I love europe , but have never returned to solihull wishing I could live somewhere else in europe , especially germany .

Cross rail was supposed to open last year, will not open till 2021 and will be 0.5 billion pounds , at least, overspent.

not a clue.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

On 14/11/2019 at 05:02, Paul1Perth said:

Notice he used the word "uncertainty". If the UK had got it's act together earler you may have been in with a chance. 

He's banking on Germany's name for being good Engineers and organised though.

Tesla are still losing money aren't 

IMG-20191117-WA0008.jpg

• Haha 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 17/11/2019 at 06:02, simmo said:

Where do you dredge these non articles up from Simmo?

Like most EU 'rules', it is the UK government that that didn't do what was needed.
Your 'article' even mentions it:

"While the Government has the final decision on whether to clear water channels of silt build-ups"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unzippy said:

Like most EU 'rules', it is the UK government that that didn't do what was needed.

Because the express can publish any lies they like ‘ on line’

and there is an army of these crap populist websites out there for those with similar sympathies.

• Haha 1

Something I came across yesterday: 

A fresh-faced Nick Clegg demanded “a real referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union.” The leaflet observed that:

“It’s been over thirty years since the British people last had a vote on Britain’s membership of the European Union. That’s why the Liberal Democrats want a real referendum on Europe. Only a real referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU will let the people decide our country’s future.”

2008 was also the year that Clegg infamously stormed out of the House of Commons when the then speaker, Michael Martin, refused to call a Lib Dem amendment in his name demanding an in/out EU referendum.

Following Ed Davey’s expulsion from the chamber, Clegg said:

“I share the dismay of [Ed Davey]. What guidance can [the Deputy Speaker] give me on how we can secure – if not today, at some point during the remaining stages of the Bill – the opportunity to debate the issue that many members want debated and many members of the public want debated: our future membership of the EU?”

Davey (then the Lib Dems’ foreign affairs spokesman) had struck an even more forceful tone, remarking:

“Will the Chair reconsider the decision not to select the Liberal Democrat amendment for a referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU? That is the question that goes to the heart of the debate before the House. That is the debate that people want to hear. We are being gagged, Sir.”

The current Lib Dem Leader, Jo Swinson, also contributed to this debate, and her speech is fascinating when compared with the comments she made at the weekend. Swinson repeated that:

“The Liberal Democrats would like to have a referendum on the major issue of whether we are in or out of Europe.”

On an in/out EU referendum, she noted:

“We support such a referendum; we will continue to campaign for it and hope that it will find favour in this House.”

Furthermore, she described being denied a vote on Clegg’s referendum amendment as “incredibly disappointing” and something she felt “very passionately” about.

Swinson’s eurosceptic side – mysteriously neglected of late – was also on display, as she noted:

“For too long, power in the EU has been concentrated among those who are appointed, not elected. The structures of the EU have often proved cumbersome to say the least, at times even making this House look modern and streamlined by comparison.”

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, unzippy said:

It's what happens in a post-truth society where no argument is even listened to by people who have made up their minds on an article of faith.  It's a cult.

• Haha 2

it just gets a bit tiring and boring reading the same childish comments.

•  

On 21/11/2019 at 05:24, simmo said:

Out of a population of 60million only 3,918 people are talking about getting Brexit done! Says it all really.

• Like 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

47 minutes ago, Ken said:

Out of a population of 60million only 3,918 people are talking about getting Brexit done! Says it all really.

Really? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken said:

Do you think?

4 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

The proof is in the numbers 

60m people in the UK use Twitter and happened to stumble across that thread.

You do make me laugh. 😂

On 17/11/2019 at 23:15, bunbury61 said:

From Mitsubishi Zero to Mitsubishi Magna. From Messershmitt aircraft to Messerschmitt cars (ugly though).

Image result for Messerschmitt Cars

• Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 07:17, amibovered said:

Elon Musk, he'll sell you a car that will automaticity drive you straight to your death.

Can't see the pick-up doing well.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2019 at 02:39, simmo said:

60m people in the UK use Twitter and happened to stumble across that thread.

You do make me laugh. 😂

You might want to remember this when you trawl these Far Right websites looking for your cartoons, thinking that it's harmless and you're not a fish jumping onto somebody's hook.  Don't be part of a human bot army.

Sacha Baron Cohen is speaking to you, and warning you to be careful. A sewer of bigotry-involved conspiracy theories.  Ring any bells?

Edited by Slean Wolfhead
  • Like 1

it just gets a bit tiring and boring reading the same childish comments.

•  

8 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

You might want to remember this when you trawl these Far Right websites looking for your cartoons, thinking that it's harmless and you're not a fish jumping onto somebody's hook.  Don't be part of a human bot army.

Sacha Baron Cohen is speaking to you, and warning you to be careful. A sewer of bigotry-involved conspiracy theories.  Ring any bells?

So the bloke who sang "throw the new down the well" wants more censorship.  Why do "comedians" go political?

Meanwhile a "kinder gentler politics" 

On 24/11/2019 at 06:23, simmo said:

So the bloke who sang "throw the new down the well" wants more censorship.  Why do "comedians" go political?

Meanwhile a "kinder gentler politics" 

Totally agree with sacha baron Cohen 

As a jewish man , he has a right to be fearful 

Especially when the internet companies are allowing Islamic extremists to post anti jewish propaganda on a daily basis , without any scrutiny .

And right on cue , the chief rabbi has spoken out about the danger of jeremy corbyns labour party to the jewish community in britain .

It's strange that the chief rabbi is singling out a far right group , but elements within the labour party 

Anti semitism is alive and well , but not just on the far right , as some on here were alluding to .

The clear and present danger is  also within the far left , and within other opposing ethnic communities .

• Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I wish someone would tell Jo Swinson there is no "G" in Brexit........

• Haha 1

On 17/11/2019 at 22:15, bunbury61 said:

Are you referring to the Austrian-built Jaguar i-Pace?

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

42 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Are you referring to the Austrian-built Jaguar i-Pace?

It wont be soon - like a  lot of things .

At the risk of repeating myself - let's see who falls first the e.u or the u.k ?

A little wager perhaps .

You keep having a dig at the country of your birth , so if you have so little faith , put your money where your mouth is .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE