Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

On 09/05/2019 at 11:08, BacktoDemocracy said:

I thought you hated the left, all about pinching your hard earned cash and giving it to layabouts, but when needs must, willing to get into bed with anyone who is anti EU, eh.

Even the unions have seen where their bread is buttered and have grown up to realise that vacuous anti capitalist statements are just that, vacuous, when you don't  have a job. 

Crow was not the sharpest blade in the box.

A hell of a lot of people within the trade union movement are for Brexit 

  • Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2019 at 09:48, ssiri said:

 


What? The actual hard graft that the reality of preparing for and then living with Brexit demands?

So you mean it wasn’t a unicorn, click your heels three times and Caboom! It’s been delivered just like that?

 

It was always going to be hard work , but worth it in the end .

Short term pain , for long term gain .

My position hasn't changed one jot .

Let's get it done .

If those in Westminster will not implement the result of the referendum , I hope they are held to account at the next general election .

500 mps voted to trigger article 50 , which ended on March 29th 2019 .

Those are the facts .

No unicorns - no pie in the sky 

 

  • Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

It was always going to be hard work , but worth it in the end .

Short term pain , for long term gain .

My position hasn't changed one jot .

Let's get it done .

If those in Westminster will not implement the result of the referendum , I hope they are held to account at the next general election .

500 mps voted to trigger article 50 , which ended on March 29th 2019 .

Those are the facts .

No unicorns - no pie in the sky 

 

Err....Article 50 contains an extension clause in it....which has been enacted.

Someone didn’t read or understand Article 50 apparently.

Anyway, it is just a short delay.  There won’t be further extensions.

There are bigger issues so hopefully they will now just get on with getting a deal done and move on.

  • Like 2

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Err....Article 50 contains an extension clause in it....which has been enacted.

Someone didn’t read or understand Article 50 apparently.

Anyway, it is just a short delay.  There won’t be further extensions.

There are bigger issues so hopefully they will now just get on with getting a deal done and move on.

The brexiteers will just carry on the same, running the clock down, they've done it before and there were no consequences so will just do the same again, they care about nothing at all, other than sticking 2 fingers up to the EU,

I just reiterate it is a very British coup, everything done covertly and in 3 piece suits but they will achieve it by obduracy and malign intent, and the man in Bury market won't even realise he's been shafted, he'll welcome them with open arms..

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It's meant to go on and on and on - its intentional .
Tories and labour , dragging out the so called negotiations .
What have they actually achieved in the last few weeks , as we headed towards deadline day ? - nothing 
Oh dear , we have missed the deadline,  to leave , now we will have to take part in the e.u elections , which will tie us in , once again .
We should have left on March 29th with no deal 



Shoulda. Woulda. Coulda.

Not to worry, Farage is back to sow more division, anger and discontent - without a solution in sight for repairing the damage. It’ll be alright.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It was always going to be hard work , but worth it in the end .
Short term pain , for long term gain .
My position hasn't changed one jot .
Let's get it done .
If those in Westminster will not implement the result of the referendum , I hope they are held to account at the next general election .
500 mps voted to trigger article 50 , which ended on March 29th 2019 .
Those are the facts .
No unicorns - no pie in the sky 
 



So why is everyone sick to death of it? There will be a reckoning at the GE alright. The death of the Tory party and Labour not to far behind (unless they lose the idiot Corbyn).

What exactly will take its place though, is yet to be seen - Farage’s no real policy Brexit party, is not it as people will soon come to realise and revolt against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ssiri said:

 

 


So why is everyone sick to death of it? There will be a reckoning at the GE alright. The death of the Tory party and Labour not to far behind (unless they lose the idiot Corbyn).

What exactly will take its place though, is yet to be seen - Farage’s no real policy Brexit party, is not it as people will soon come to realise and revolt against.

 

 

By the time people realise that Farage is a right wing windbag it will all be too late, the longer this goes on the clearer it becomes to my mind that the Right are just waiting for this to fall into their hands, all they have had to do is just be obdurate and intransigent,  Farage will drop it into their hands with his exploitation of peoples disaffection, May has gifted it to them, stupid woman. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/05/2019 at 14:02, BacktoDemocracy said:

The brexiteers will just carry on the same, running the clock down, they've done it before and there were no consequences so will just do the same again, they care about nothing at all, other than sticking 2 fingers up to the EU,

I just reiterate it is a very British coup, everything done covertly and in 3 piece suits but they will achieve it by obduracy and malign intent, and the man in Bury market won't even realise he's been shafted, he'll welcome them with open arms..

The brexiteers running the clock down 😂😂😂😂

At least 70% of the mps in Westminster are remainers , and from day 1 after the referendum , they have been trying to block , stop or fudge Brexit. 

But at least those involved , their intention is out in the open now .

The liberal Democrats,  the greens , change u.k , and elements within labour , and their donors are looking for a 2nd referendum, or as they originally called it a " peoples vote " 😂 ,they have stepped out of the shadows now - the public know who they are .

The only thing that will rush some form of Brexit through now , is the growing support for the Brexit party .

If the Brexit party hadn't been born , I fear that this fudge , would have gone on and on and on. hoping that the 17.4 million would just go away .

The Tory remainers and large elements of the labour party will only have themselves to blame when they lose their seats , for going all out to block any form of Brexit 

They voted to trigger article 50 , and promised to honour the result in their manifestos. 

Almost everyone I meet , is seriously pissed off with this charade .

Roll on the e.u elections 👍

 

 

  • Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
By the time people realise that Farage is a right wing windbag it will all be too late, the longer this goes on the clearer it becomes to my mind that the Right are just waiting for this to fall into their hands, all they have had to do is just be obdurate and intransigent,  Farage will drop it into their hands with his exploitation of peoples disaffection, May has gifted it to them, stupid woman. 



I don’t think anyone is under the illusion that he isn’t right wing. Swathes of the disaffected (right and left) however have fallen for his simple and divisive solutions to their problems. He is a snake oil merchant, and when the salves and oils don’t provide the miracle cure that has been claimed - the reckoning will occur at the next GE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

The brexiteers running the clock down 😂😂😂😂

At least 70% of the mps in Westminster are remainers , and from day 1 after the referendum , they have been trying to block , stop or fudge Brexit. 

But at least those involved , their intention is out in the open now .

The liberal Democrats,  the greens , change u.k , and elements within labour , and their donors are looking for a 2nd referendum, or as they originally called it a " peoples vote " 😂 ,they have stepped out of the shadows now - the public know who they are .

The only thing that will rush some form of Brexit through now , is the growing support for the Brexit party .

If the Brexit party hadn't been born , I fear that this fudge , would have gone on and on and on. hoping that the 17.4 million would just go away .

The Tory remainers and large elements of the labour party will only have themselves to blame when they lose their seats , for going all out to block any form of Brexit 

They voted to trigger article 50 , and promised to honour the result in their manifestos. 

Almost everyone I meet , is seriously pissed off with this charade .

Roll on the e.u elections 👍

 

 

If 70% of the MPs in Westminster were remainers they would have called off Brexit years ago. They wouldn't even have voted to trigger article 50. Perhaps a large portion of MPs are now pretending to be remainers so they have some hope of reelection but the reality is that remainers are in the minority - it's just that there are so many splits amongst the Brexiters that they can't get their act together.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chartered Accountant (England & Wales); Registered Tax Agent & Fellow of The Tax Institute (Australia)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll be in the North of England when the deadline comes- should we prepare for a Civil War?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ssiri said:

 

 


I don’t think anyone is under the illusion that he isn’t right wing. Swathes of the disaffected (right and left) however have fallen for his simple and divisive solutions to their problems. He is a snake oil merchant, and when the salves and oils don’t provide the miracle cure that has been claimed - the reckoning will occur at the next GE.

 

 

He has sown the message of hatred onto fertile soil and it will grow unabated and without any nurturing now, I simply do not believe that anything is going to  pull us back from his and his like minded acolytes siren call of hatred.

Mosley, et al, were only halted by the war and internment, how are this bunch going to be silenced when millions across the country support his views, spurred on by a belief that they participated in a 'democratic' vote, whatever that may mean as illegal funding and subliminal manipulation are exposed.

Tommy Robinson is now a bit player on the political scene, how has that happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We'll be in the North of England when the deadline comes- should we prepare for a Civil War?

 

 

You will probably be alright. Unless you live somewhere where people like Yaxley-Lennon and his mates may want to deliberately go on a rampage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He has sown the message of hatred onto fertile soil and it will grow unabated and without any nurturing now, I simply do not believe that anything is going to  pull us back from his and his like minded acolytes siren call of hatred.
Mosley, et al, were only halted by the war and internment, how are this bunch going to be silenced when millions across the country support his views, spurred on by a belief that they participated in a 'democratic' vote, whatever that may mean as illegal funding and subliminal manipulation are exposed.
Tommy Robinson is now a bit player on the political scene, how has that happened?


It is a sad state of affairs but I believe we will endure and overcome, ultimately. Brexit or no Brexit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ssiri said:

 


It is a sad state of affairs but I believe we will endure and overcome, ultimately. Brexit or no Brexit

 

Sorry, can't be that sanguine, 8 years of austerity, wage stagnation, privatisation of everything except the armed services (altho they have privatised recruitment) and the NHS  (altho big chunks of that are delivered by private companies) and the police ( who are now simply there as a sop)

 I simply do not see how we are going to row back from an increasingly unequal society.

Boris has now stated he will make a bid for leader when May steps down, who would've thought of that, and you think we will overcome with a pillock like him in charge, the Charge of the Light Brigade all over again, all is vanity!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2019 at 09:44, starlight7 said:

We'll be in the North of England when the deadline comes- should we prepare for a Civil War?

Take candles.

Oh no actually. Candles are for Corbyn's election.

I think it's beans for brexit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Sorry, can't be that sanguine, 8 years of austerity, wage stagnation, privatisation of everything except the armed services (altho they have privatised recruitment) and the NHS  (altho big chunks of that are delivered by private companies) and the police ( who are now simply there as a sop)

 I simply do not see how we are going to row back from an increasingly unequal society.

Boris has now stated he will make a bid for leader when May steps down, who would've thought of that, and you think we will overcome with a pillock like him in charge, the Charge of the Light Brigade all over again, all is vanity!

Sadly I would choose Boris over Corbyn. Boris is foolish. Corbyn is dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×