register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

On 09/03/2019 at 18:54, Gbye grey sky said:

A lot of Brits view themselves as European.  You need to understand that.

including me, I'll still be European after Brexit, the EU is not Europe, it's just bureaucracy.

Jeremy Corbyn on the EU  " A European bureaucracy totally unaccountable to anybody"

So you didn't read the article then ?

What do you think?

Sorry didn’t realise everything had to be approved by you , it’s the first time it’s happened to me I am sure one of the mods can sort it 
keep calm , try not to get knickers in a twist , everything will be ok. 

???????????

You know what so have I and it’s simply not true it’s not my experience 
so if I met you and asked where you are from you would say I am european ? 
If you have an English accent you would be called a Pom here in oz not a European.

I’ve responded previously to this across all my posts on this , but since like the EU, you like to ask the same question, in the hope that the response will be more to your liking:

If I met you - it would be pretty evident where I’m from, being a fellow Brit. If you asked my views about whether I though as a Brit, I felt European the answer would be- Yes.

As to why those from Oz thought I was, I don’t give a toss. They can try to force their world view on me, about all Brits being Poms, but they won’t get very far in terms of making a convert to their skewed (informed by their own history - have you heard the term POME?), they won’t get very far.

59 minutes ago, ssiri said:

I’ve responded previously to this across all my posts on this , but since like the EU, you like to ask the same question, in the hope that the response will be more to your liking:

If I met you - it would be pretty evident where I’m from, being a fellow Brit. If you asked my views about whether I though as a Brit, I felt European the answer would be- Yes.

As to why those from Oz thought I was, I don’t give a toss. They can try to force their world view on me, about all Brits being Poms, but they won’t get very far in terms of making a convert to their skewed (informed by their own history - have you heard the term POME?), they won’t get very far.

You keep posting reply’s and making statements that are not true , just opinions and you are complaining when you get questioned🤔🤔🤔

who is forcing a world view on you ? 

Its just the Ozzie way if they detect you are from the uk they call you a Pom , I am an Australian citizen but still get called a pommy , I politely point out I am welsh by birth , saying I am european never crosses my mind and never would. 

You keep posting reply’s and making statements that are not true , just opinions and you are complaining when you get questioned

Its just the Ozzie way if they detect you are from the uk they call you a Pom , I am an Australian citizen but still get called a pommy , I politely point out I am welsh by birth , saying I am european never crosses my mind and never would. 

So we now know what you would say and what I would say. Job done

Usually if I am asked where I come from ( not often these days because I have lost my original accent) I say I was a Londoner.  I have come across others who describe themselves as Liverpudlian etc so maybe that is yet another way. On my official stuff,when asked place of birth, I say England or the UK not Britain. Not sure why, just feels right. If someone overseas asks I say I am from Melbourne or Australian. No one wants to know your life story!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

You keep posting reply’s and making statements that are not true , just opinions and you are complaining when you get questioned🤔🤔🤔

This thread is about brexit complete with OPINIONS, can we stop being diverted down blind alleys, particularly by one particular poster who is a past master at it.

This particular poster seems completely uninterested in brexit and the consequences for the UK but seems committed to diverting attention onto his issues 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 06:16, simmo said:

Aston Martin is revving up its China credentials

Aston Martin is set to unveil over £600m worth of investment deals in China this week, as it looks to drive up its presence in the booming auto market there.

According to Sky News, several agreements will be revealed by Aston Martin boss Dr Andy Palmer, including the opening of 10 new showrooms in China.

There are also plans for an exchange programme involving Chinese engineering graduates through a tie-up with Sinomach, as the car giant looks to tap greater interest in the world's largest automotive market.

Read more: Aston Martin just had its best year in a decade

Have you changed sides?

6 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Britain just doesn't sound right when people ask where you're from does it. They usually want to know the county or at least the nearest big City.

I definitely wouldn't be saying European. Don't know anyone that would.

If someone asked if you were European, what would your answer be?

It's not hard. Can we move on?

4 words I’ve learned from my new home and country, “she’ll be right mate”

• Like 2

We will now be arriving at Perth International Airport:biggrin:

FRANCE-SMART-BORDER-copy-1.png?resize=54

As any self-respecting Brexit pundit will be more than happy to remind us, smart borders featuring mythological things like remote customs declarations and automated number plate checking are simply “unicorns” which aren’t likely to be possible for hundreds, if not thousands of years. They certainly won’t be suitable for any post-Brexit border crossings…

Which is why French Customs have just unveiled a “smart border” – an “innovative technological solution” which will be implemented on 29 March 2019 “at all points of entry/exit to/from the Calais region and at border points from Channel-North Sea to maintain smooth circulation of your goods.” What are they thinking wasting their time on this? If only they’d listened to the commentariat…

The French say their system is based on three principles, which are obviously from the realms of pure fantasy:

• The early completion of customs procedures before arriving at the border by giving the bar code of the customs declaration to the driver.
  • The identification of the mean of transport and the bar code of customs declaration of transported goods.
  • The automatic sending of the crossing notifications to the customs declarant to avoid stopping the HGV.

The bar codes are linked to the number plates of the HGVs so hauliers have no need to stop, avoiding delays to the vast quantities of goods that pass between the UK and France every day. But of course, none of this could ever possibly work to monitor the tiny quantities of agricultural products and construction materials that cross the Irish border…

8 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

This thread is about brexit complete with OPINIONS, can we stop being diverted down blind alleys, particularly by one particular poster who is a past master at it.

This particular poster seems completely uninterested in brexit and the consequences for the UK but seems committed to diverting attention onto his issues 

I take it you are having a go at me ? 

I will answer any accusation or comments made to me in a manner that I see fit and within forum rules. You can ignor posts nobody makes you read or reply to them. 

You have been one of the wursts for going off on tangents 

For the record the topic was brought up by one of your fans ( he / she always puts a like to your posts ) about being european and not British so all relivent about Brexit imho 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ssiri said:

So we now know what you would say and what I would say. Job done

Yes you finally understand well done 

Yes you finally understand well done 

Can we get back to Brexit now - not your personal identity preferences? Any more on this from you and I will ignore it - jibes and all. It’s been done to death.

39 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Can we get back to Brexit now - not your personal identity preferences? Any more on this from you and I will ignore it - jibes and all. It’s been done to death.

See previous comment

2 hours ago, Rallyman said:

I will answer any accusation or comments made to me in a manner that I see fit and within forum rules. You can ignor posts nobody makes you read or reply to them. 

For the record the topic was brought up by one of your fans ( he / she always puts a like to your posts ) about being european and not British so all relivent about Brexit imho 

Wursts is not a English word, it is usually worst,.

Unless of course you were trying to make an allusion to 'wurst' as in German sausage, there is nothing to beat a nice Knackwurst.

http://www.germanfoodguide.com/wurst.cfm

Nice to see Adolf Rees-Mogg squirming. Making money off misfortune like his old Dad taught him to. You'd have to have the severest of mental health issues to think that bloke has your or the Countries best interests to hand. He represents his wallet and his status, nothing else.

• Like 3

Good - so they have agreed something they will never do. Fine

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/mar/11/brexit-latest-news-vote-tuesday-tories-suspect-may-could-pull-tuesdays-key-vote-after-talks-fail-to-deliver-progress-politics-live#5c86e813e4b0eff8e0fc10a1

This is a circus. Juncker is not the EU. He can't make deals. Ridiculous situation.

But I guess whatever it takes to get May's deal passed. Because god knows what happens if it fails tomorrow. And it still might.

Peace in our time. We all know what those words were worth. Hope she holds it high when she gets off the plane.

I expect the EU will be invading Poland soon...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Wursts is not a English word, it is usually worst,.

Unless of course you were trying to make an allusion to 'wurst' as in German sausage, there is nothing to beat a nice Knackwurst.

http://www.germanfoodguide.com/wurst.cfm

Sorry didn’t realise that you are the grammar police , you have never miss typed anything , you have never made a mistake or predictive text spelt something incorrect , that’s the best rebuttal you can come up with. Sad sad life mate get out and enjoy yourself , 

8 hours ago, Rallyman said:

I thought that was how forums like this work. Bit like having a conversation with someone that goes off in multiple directions over time. Can't see a problem really. If you don't want to reply or comment just don't.

• Like 1