register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

2 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

This is comedy gold.  Simmo, was this you ?

I cannot laugh about this.  It is this type of frightened, inarticulate person that is calling the shots these days.  Their fear, paranoia and ignorance has been exploited first by the tabloid press (by dripfeeding untrue or exaggerated nonsense for decades) and by ambitious but ultimately vacuous populist politicians.

I have lived around plenty of people like this.  It is deeply troubling that this fear, paranoia and ignorance now dominates all else.

• Like 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

3 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

This is comedy gold.  Simmo, was this you ?

No slean, thats James O'brien , as a remoaner you are (as usual) one lap behind if you have just discovered him.  I can see how he appeals to your type but lets not get personal hey 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

I cannot laugh about this.  It is this type of frightened, inarticulate person that is calling the shots these days.  Their fear, paranoia and ignorance has been exploited first by the tabloid press (by dripfeeding untrue or exaggerated nonsense for decades) and by ambitious but ultimately vacuous populist politicians.

I have lived around plenty of people like this.  It is deeply troubling that this fear, paranoia and ignorance now dominates all else.

Why did you move to Australia ?

On 05/12/2018 at 08:47, kungfustu said:

The north east voted to leave by more than 60/40......you tell these people that Westminster has now decided to ignore the referendum because some MP's do not think its in the interest of the country and see what happens.....their main reason for leave was because they have been ignored for too long.....ignore their democratic rights now and we really will be in a whole world of sh#t......I may even consider returning to Oz under those circumstances.......

Did you watch it? Really watch it? This is more about the North wanting to break from London than Europe.

3 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Yes, but what do we do with Tim, he has been told his whole life how fantastic the UK is, the SAS, the Falklands, Kuwait, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, years of Boris lies about the EU, years of how fantastic the economy is booming, but no one tells him the boom is built on borrowed money and overseas investment,  then kapow, the country suffers an enormous recession and he doesn't really understand why but he does understand that somehow it was all the fault of the elites

Mendacious politicians and money men then give him easily understood answers, it's the EU and it's the immigrants and that easily fits with a theme that has been around for HIS WHOLE LIFE and now at age 25 he is finding out how tough life is, wages hardly keeping up with cost of living, council tax rising , roads full of potholes and he is told that its the fault once again of corrupt and useless elites.

And then along comes a group of men intent upon staying in power and keeping the money rolling in who say to him you can have a once in a lifetime opportunity to pass judgement on all these people who have f**ked you over because you know what, it's all the fault of the ultimate of ultimate elites, those people who HAVE SENT THOSE IMMIGRANTS HERE, and its the pressure that they, the immigrants,  are exerting on the NHS, on schools, on roads, on housing, that's making your life so lousy, so here is your chance to MAKE the country great again, get rid of all those immigrants and it will all be fine again.

So, Tim is told there will be loads of money when we get rid of the ultimate elite who is making your life, your parents life, your grandparents life's hell, it will be a very simple process, you will vote on getting rid of the ULTIMATE elite, the immigrants, it will be a very simple yes or no and we guarantee that we will do what you say, BECAUSE IT'S DEMOCRACY.

So why are we surprised that Tim wants what he was promised and now there is no way back from that promise because the men who promised him all that are still promising it because they STILL want power and money and Tim and his promised country are simply collateral damage on their march to fame and fortune and Tim will be left on the wayside still not understanding what has happened but still just a wage slave, perhaps, if he's lucky.

So true representative democracy has been traduced by a promise of democracy by a man too weak to face down his bullies and we have a country full of Tims who are even more convinced that they are being diddled out of their "democratic" rights by completely untrustworthy elites.

There is no way back from this, there is no way of restoring trust and that is the bedrock that is now gone stolen by a bunch of fantasists, blowhards and crooks.        

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Haha 1
  • Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, Rallyman said:

Why did you move to Australia ?

I have explained that on other threads.  Certainly not reasons related to Brexit so not relevant to this thread.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

3 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

I have explained that on other threads.  Certainly not reasons related to Brexit so not relevant to this thread.

What other thread would that be then ? 

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

No, why did you move???

I moved here 8 years ago , after about 8 previous visits from 01 , the first time to see my brother as he had moved here from London with his Australian partner , I could see it had better prospects back then , my mother encouraged me to come over as did my uncle and auntie who had booked to come as £10 poms but didn’t in the end and had many regrets , I came on a 457 to start with as I didn’t know if it would work out , it’s not been without its challenges , I have achieved far more here in the 8 years than I did in the uk 

Is that ok for you ? 

5 hours ago, simmo said:

I can see how he appeals to your type 

You obviously didn't listen to what he said to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

You obviously didn't listen to what he said to you.

i dont think you understood what i wrote

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, simmo said:

i dont think you understood what i wrote

That's because you didn't say anything of note, that required understanding.  

Unless you'd like to clarify with some facts of course? 

• Haha 1

All very simple with current IT software all in place around the world and being used already 

No. It takes time to implement and it costs money and overheads. Plus security (IT and upgrades, hence budgeted annual overhead. They need to get that right first. It doesn’t arrive fully formed, because you say so. But of course you would. Simple.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

You will get there in the end.

6 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

thought not....

3 hours ago, ssiri said:

No. It takes time to implement and it costs money and overheads. Plus security (IT and upgrades, hence budgeted annual overhead. They need to get that right first. It doesn’t arrive fully formed, because you say so. But of course you would. Simple.

And because you say it’s diffrent it must be , sorry you are always right nobody else has a clue 

2 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

And because you say it’s diffrent it must be , sorry you are always right nobody else has a clue 

This is usually when people who disagree provide some evidence.  The fact that you cannot implies that you actually don't have a clue and this is more of the brazen recklessness that is driving the country onto the rocks. 

Feel free to argue the original point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

This is usually when people who disagree provide some evidence.  The fact that you cannot implies that you actually don't have a clue and this is more of the brazen recklessness that is driving the country onto the rocks. 

Feel free to argue the original point.

I don’t need to argue any point especially with the likes of you , my original point stands that there already is a IT system in place for visas and a lot of countries will have reciprocal visa acces , as an example a uk passport holder automatically gets a visa entering the UAE for 3 month period 

we are not reinventing the wheel here something you and the rest of the remoaners dont seem to understand 

Theres  nothing new to develop and put in place , systems are already being used through out the world , so maybe its you who needs to go and do some research , not that I have any interest in what you have to say , back on the ignor button for you 

Edited by Rallyman
  • Like 1

Kicking off in Macron's France again.

32 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

I don’t need to argue any point especially with the likes of you , my original point stands that there already is a IT system in place for visas and a lot of countries will have reciprocal visa acces , as an example a uk passport holder automatically gets a visa entering the UAE for 3 month period 

we are not reinventing the wheel here something you and the rest of the remoaners dont seem to understand 

Theres  nothing new to develop and put in place , systems are already being used through out the world , so maybe its you who needs to go and do some research , not that I have any interest in what you have to say , back on the ignor button for you 

The likes of me?  remoaner?  Cut the insults grandfather unless you want them returned with interest.  

This is what you said about the VISA system

All very simple with current IT software all in place around the world and being used already 

We'll park this and return to it at a later date, along with the list of other issues that you've made similar statements about.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

Ahhhhhhh, visas, yes we will need them if, and when, we leave, but if we leave in a disorderly fashion then it will depend on the EU agreeing reciprocal arrangements and extending  a period of grace for the acceptence of EU passports already issued, but not new ones, and then there  will have to be a deal done on reciprocal deals, but, another but, as the UK wants to tighten immigration rules whatever we put in place, and that is likely to be quite restrictive then the EU will mirror that.

As I have consistently said, we seem to believe that we can p**s the Europeans off 'ad infinitum' , forgetting that we will have to negotiate with them for ages to come and if we don't do this deal right then there are hundreds of ways for them to make our lives difficult in the future , so the UK is going to have to to do about 15 years of growing up in about 9 months .

Farage and many of his buddies have resigned from UKIP  and he has had to resign from chairmanship of the far right grouping in the EU  parliament, I wonder whether that will stop his foul mouthed tirades in the EU  parliament now, that man will go down in history as the  most destructive in this most shameful episode in our modern times, .

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, simmo said:

Kicking off in Macron's France again.

Does that give you some kind of thrill, violence on the streets, is that what does it for you.

Poor old France, torn apart yet again by far right rhetoric and a stupid President completely out of touch with his nation, shades of Cameron, et al.

• Haha 1