..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

9 minutes ago, calNgary said:

See if this helps you - 

My God.  Countries have been run with fewer rules than that  😀

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

Begging to be saved......😂.......by a Left wing Labour/Momentum government led by Jeremy Corbyn......don't be silly.....if that were the case he would have walked into government hand in hand with Jon Lansome and Len Mccluskey in June last year.

The people are begging to be LED.

Not much different from begging to be saved by Johnson and JRM. People do not feel represented. I know I don't.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

Begging to be saved......😂.......by a Left wing Labour/Momentum government led by Jeremy Corbyn......don't be silly.....if that were the case he would have walked into government hand in hand with Jon Lansome and Len Mccluskey in June last year.

The people are begging to be LED.

No they're not, they're begging to be saved. They want protectionism, they want immigrants removed, they want more money, they want somebody to blame, they want better healthcare without paying in any extra money, they want bigger pensions without doing anything about it themselves.  It's a needy society.

Why should any individual need leadership in management of their daily life?  All you want is opportunity and the "equal rights" to access that opportunity.  You do not have that in the UK because you keep voting for people who make sure you never get wealthy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kungfustu said:

I'm 50 (☹️).......I can remember very well the queues outside the petrol stations......the lights going out in the evening and having to open the curtains to get some moonlight in.....going to my local shop for my mum and using the term "inflation" to the shopkeeper but not knowing really what it was about......fortunately there are still plenty of people alive that remember the last left wing labour government.

That would make you 5, I'm 72 and the power went off in the day mainly and I don’t  remember queuing for petrol. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

nope, none whatsoever.  Blair was too far right, the equilibrium effect is to go too far left to distinguish.  The centrists were too close to the right wingers who brought austerity and the manifestations of Brexit, so it's natural to distance yourself.  Something will appear to fill the gap, but nobody knows what the gap will be yet. 

We still have poor people voting Tory and looking down on the immigrants as if they were ever the problem. The country has not hit the bottom yet.  It will take a few more years of shattered dreams to make people wake up and realise that they will always be at the bottom of the pile if that's the position they choose for themselves.

I still can't get over Bob geldof being portrayed as part of the elite by graduates from Eton, and we are buying it? It's madness. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

No they're not, they're begging to be saved. They want protectionism, they want immigrants removed, they want more money, they want somebody to blame, they want better healthcare without paying in any extra money, they want bigger pensions without doing anything about it themselves.  It's a needy society.

Why should any individual need leadership in management of their daily life?  All you want is opportunity and the "equal rights" to access that opportunity.  You do not have that in the UK because you keep voting for people who make sure you never get wealthy.

So they vote for right wing free marketers? Crazy. But to be fair, that is what the Tory party is meant to be. The party of opportunity for the working man. It's just that it's not.

Edited by newjez

16 minutes ago, newjez said:

On the contrary. On the occasions I have been suspended I have never been told the reason for the suspension, bar once when I asked bunbury what he did for a living. I no idea what the boundaries are. 

I think i went once when i said that the racist pensioners on here should only be entitled to half a vote, because they would be dead before the impact was felt.   That was copied directly from Frankie Boyle but it ran and ran...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newjez said:

So they vote for right wing free marketers? Crazy.

It's the perception of success.  They want to be like them so they vote for them.  Oldest political con trick in the book, as Rees Mogg and Farage will show them one day when they're sipping champagne somewhere abroad, or moving their own wealth out of the country. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

Yes the country was on its knees......reduced to 3 day weeks and an energy crisis all the making of millitant trade unions......the very same people that now run the Labour party......yeh theres a great idea.....lets put them in charge of the country.......😂

That's 50 years ago , move on, in that time the USSR collapsed the world map has  changed, several dictators have been deposed a world  terrorist organisation threatens the world, the EU  has become a world force and you're still blaming Scargill for standing up for the working man.

I think any therapist might suggest that sounds like a fixation  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

That would make you 5, I'm 72 and the power went off in the day mainly and I don’t  remember queuing for petrol. 

They start driving cars young in some parts of England....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Actually ....an awful lot of those people moved to Australia and went into mining in QLD and NSW, and subsequently into Australian politics where they've been part of a country that hasn't had a recession for over 20 years, and seen their personal and the nation's wealth far outstrip that of the average Brit.  

I don't think they're laughing at the Brits who backed the wrong horse, but they can certainly point at the time it started to go wrong for the working man and it's been used as a example in Australian politics of what can happen when you start of a path of destruction.

Australias wealth over the past 20 years has absolutely nothing to do with Politics......and everything to do with China's growth and need for raw materials.....are you seriously trying to suggest otherwise?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

I enjoy a bit of a debate every now and again but I cannot help thinking why anybody who is not from the UK and has been living in Australia for years would be interested in what goes on in the UK.......can you shed any light on that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

Australias wealth over the past 20 years has absolutely nothing to do with Politics......and everything to do with China's growth and need for raw materials.....are you seriously trying to suggest otherwise?

With that I would whole heartedly agree for once, but back in the 60's thro to the noughties the country grew on the back of skills lost from the UK because the working man, and woman, in the UK was being exploited and ripped off and was completely unprotected, compare that to the protections they enjoyed in Australia 

50 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

there were queues at petrol stations all through out the 70's......right up until 1979.....not hard to miss as a kid out riding a bike or walking to school.

7 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

I enjoy a bit of a debate every now and again but I cannot help thinking why anybody who is not from the UK and has been living in Australia for years would be interested in what goes on in the UK.......can you shed any light on that?

Yeah, I own property and support my parents with their healthcare needs, and my father in law with his rent.  Can you shed any light on why you cannot see outside your own bubble, or are you so selfish you can only think of yourself and what's good for you?

12 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

.Of course, they have need of a market to sell stuff they've dug up from the ground.  It's a pity the UK cannot afford to dig their coal out because they've closed the industry....why didn't we foresee the future instead of getting rid of it 30 years ago.  Might have come in handy.

The politics has everything to do with wealth.  The workforce is heavily unionised but both they and the Australian Government realised that they would destroy themselves if they followed the confrontational attitude of the UK, so they learned to work together.  Everybody has done very well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

there were queues at petrol stations all through out the 70's......right up until 1979.....not hard to miss as a kid out riding a bike or walking to school.

Are you actually blaming the OPEC oil crises of 73 and 79 on the UK Labour Party?

My god, you have been brainwashed for your entire life, no wonder you're so bitter 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/oil-crisis

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

And nothing to do with unions and left wingers and all to do with the Arabs turning the oil tap off.

1 hour ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

You don't remember queuing for petrol.......😂.......petrol shortages for about 10 years but amazingly they never affected you......or you cannot remember......the latter probably explains a lot of you hysteria today.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

You don't remember queuing for petrol.......😂.......petrol shortages for about 10 years but amazingly they never affected you......or you cannot remember......the latter probably explains a lot of you hysteria today.

Why all this personalisation all the time?

10 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Are you actually blaming the OPEC oil crises of 73 and 79 on the UK Labour Party?

My god, you have been brainwashed for your entire life, no wonder you're so bitter 

https://www.britannica.com/topic/oil-crisis

You ask a question......then in the next sentence answer the very question you have just asked......and you wonder why people refer to you as "Looney"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

Why all this personalisation all the time?

Bit too late to be crying wolf my friend.

Just so you all know. Firstly my grammar will be rubbish as I’m in hospital again for nearly 4 weeks with meningitis and haven’t been able to cope with anything. However, thisnthread has been brought to my attention numerous times tonight with the highest number of reported posts in the last year which is crazy. 

So a couple of things and I will be short and sweet. Myself and Calngary have deleted a number of posts, probably not enough but a few to get back on track.

Please all refresh yourself with the forum rules, it explains all the reasons there for infractions, bans etc. One reason is discussing moderator action on the open forum. 

‘Personal attacks are just that “personal” to another member, yes you can disagree with their views but you can’t resort to name calling.

Grammar Nazis - I will not tolerate and I’ve personally seen how my own style has deteriorated. People often write totally different on social media to what they would in a business meeting and I know a number of our regular members occupations would actually shock you if you knew the real them.

Now some of you may have had a warning tonight or even had a suspension so you can try it out. I can’t stay on here all night watching you pull each other apart.

i also suggest a couple of you may want to apologise to @calNgary 

Now I may not be online for a few more days so please try and be good.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

4 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I assume you have a subscription and you read the article before posting it as it is  locked otherwise.

I read it fine , no I don’t subscribe it’s from the FT  will try to post link tomorrow 

When you have quite finished.......

Brexit-52-48-678x355.jpg?resize=540%2C28

New DeltaPoll research has found that if a second referendum were held, the public would back ‘No Deal’ over ‘Remain’ by 52-48%. And that’s achieved in the absence of a leave campaign, with the public being subjected to a constant torrent of un-combatted Remain campaigning over the last two years.

The poll even shows that the public prefer May’s deal to Remain. Be careful what you wish for Remainers…