Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

The (all new) Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

4.3 million in 10 years is peanuts, I am sure far more has been given to left wing propaganda groups,

Yes, well The Fabians are clearly transparent and do not claim Charitable status as they state clearly they are a politically affiliated group and publish where their money comes from, unlike the right wing political organisations detailed by the Guardian who claim to be charities.

https://fabians.org.uk/about-us/partnerships/

I do think you might need to realise you are being played like a fiddle or do you really think Trump and his mates are going to create a white males only nirvana for you, no taxes, no immigrants, wage rises, freedom to do what you like, no restrictions, no socialists with their agendas about political correctness,  nepotism ad lib,  nirvana!!!

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this just about sums it up, it nicely encapsulates the hurdles still to be navigated and it also highlights how pi** poor the Tories have been with timing and getting a proper negotiating strategy in place, the whole thing has been a shambles, from that idiot Davis just sitting there like a stuffed dog thinking the EU were just going to roll over for 12 months to Boris upending every rational thought in his quest for the leadership.

 If the Tories don’t come up with a clear strategy from this conference then it increases the likelihood of no deal exponentially.

 Note the Author of the article

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/29/salzburg-brexit-westminster-theresa-may-parliament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I think this just about sums it up, it nicely encapsulates the hurdles still to be navigated and it also highlights how pi** poor the Tories have been with timing and getting a proper negotiating strategy in place, the whole thing has been a shambles, from that idiot Davis just sitting there like a stuffed dog thinking the EU were just going to roll over for 12 months to Boris upending every rational thought in his quest for the leadership.

 If the Tories don’t come up with a clear strategy from this conference then it increases the likelihood of no deal exponentially.

 Note the Author of the article

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/sep/29/salzburg-brexit-westminster-theresa-may-parliament

But they need us more than we need them. BMW's. ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, newjez said:

But they need us more than we need them. BMW's. ???

When are we going to start and demand that the numpties that got us into this mess are made to face the consequences of their actions.

 The bankers got off Scot free and now these idiots are going to do tha same.

 Never mind, who needs experts.

They’re so inconvenient!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/29/britain-bill-brexit-hits-500-million-pounds-a-week

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The twilight zone continues... BoJo has now made a naked grab for the top job - (ref) the Sunday Times - ‘this is war’.

The nightmare continues for millions in the UK, whilst BoJos motives for 23rd June 2016, may well be achieved - ascension to the premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'The EU is not responsible for your blundering lack of foresight' - Patrick Kielty slams Boris Johnson's Brexit plan

https://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/the-eu-is-not-responsible-for-your-blundering-lack-of-foresight-patrick-kielty-slams-boris-johnsons-brexit-plan-37366776.html

Nailed it.  Bit of an education in there for some who just don't get NI

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ssiri said:

The twilight zone continues... BoJo has now made a naked grab for the top job - (ref) the Sunday Times - ‘this is war’.

The nightmare continues for millions in the UK, whilst BoJos motives for 23rd June 2016, may well be achieved - ascension to the premiership.

I doubt bojo will get the top job. Hopefully this will be the end for him and we won't need to live with another one of his hopeless ministries.

I doubt JRM can get it without ever holding a ministry, but he may get one to shut him up.

No, I think it will be Gove. And I imagine he will fall on EEA EFTA. It's all he can do. It meets labours red lines. I doubt he will risk an election. He may be incompetent, but he is not a political fool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How, in the name of Satan’s portion, could anybody possibly get a promotion out of this fiasco? Astonishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

When are we going to start and demand that the numpties that got us into this mess are made to face the consequences of their actions.

 The bankers got off Scot free and now these idiots are going to do tha same.

 Never mind, who needs experts.

They’re so inconvenient!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/29/britain-bill-brexit-hits-500-million-pounds-a-week

 

 

The Guardian ? 

  • Thanks 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

The Guardian ? 

Well not just reported in the Guardian but commented on by others including the CEO of the Confederation of British Industry.

wake up this is all about vendettas and testosterone fuelled infighting in the Tory party, everyone else , including the country is collateral damage, just try putting your prejudices to one side and actually read some opposing views based on some real research

These right wingers have only one objective, to hold power for themselves, their mates, and no one else.

 

Meanwhile, Britain’s wealthiest funder of independent scientific research, the Wellcome Trust, says it is losing patience with the government. Writing in the Observer, the trust’s director states that in common with industry and universities, his organisation – which spends more than £1bn a year on medical research – is increasingly nervous.

“No deal would leave a void on access to funding, regulation and, critically, migration,” Farrar states. “Wellcome … wants to support researchers, wherever they are from, in order to tackle the greatest global health challenges. But if the conditions and the culture here are damaged that will affect our support. It is not unconditional.”

The CER thinktank’s model on the costs of Brexit examined its impact up until the end of June. It said the findings were a central estimate that contained a margin of error. Researchers created a model of how Britain’s economy would have performed had Remain won in June 2016. An earlier estimate in the summer suggested that Britain’s economy was 2.1% smaller than it would have been by the end of the first quarter of 2018. As it has developed its model and updated it for the second quarter of 2018, the gap has grown.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the EU cannot except any plan we throw at them why dont they give us there plan? Any country is allowed to leave the failing EU and the treaty signed by all EU countries state they must help the country who wants to leave to come up with a plan. The truth is the EU will not agree to any plan we give them, big business in Europe are really fed up with the stubbornness of Barnier. 

Edited by Perthbum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

If the EU cannot except any plan we throw at them why dont they give us there plan? Any country is allowed to leave the failing EU and the treaty signed by all EU countries state they must help the country who wants to leave to come up with a plan. The truth is the EU will not agree to any plan we give them, big business in Europe are really fed up with the stubbornness of Barnier. 

What schemes have we thrown at them?

Davis sat there like a brass Buddha imagining he was the great negotiator without a bit of paper never mind a plan, he thought the EU would just give us what we wanted, bah humbug.

 The EU have said from the outset that any deal had to respect their rules if we wanted a deal and we have never got a plan together that does that and Idiot May tied herself to the DUP who have no intention of doing a deal on the Irish border, Arleen is the f***wit who said brexit would be no problem and was no threat to the peace agreement, another self serving idiot.

May is still playing to the UKIP gallery, playing the immigration card at every turn, well it is never going to wash with the EU, the first rules of negotiation is, only ask for things the other side have in their power to grant and don’t p*ss the other side off with insults. May and her idiots have never treated these negotiations seriously, May has taken her lead from the Express, the Mail and her intellectual lead from the Beano and Kiplings ‘If’

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Perthbum said:

If the EU cannot except any plan we throw at them why dont they give us there plan? Any country is allowed to leave the failing EU and the treaty signed by all EU countries state they must help the country who wants to leave to come up with a plan. The truth is the EU will not agree to any plan we give them, big business in Europe are really fed up with the stubbornness of Barnier. 

Isn't the real problem the shocking ignorance of a substantial number of the UK population and a monumental misunderstanding of how things have worked, do work, and will need to work in the future?

We have shown an entitled attitude that we don't deserve, we have no idea what we're going to do, and we're taking ourselves to the proverbial cleaners whilst embarrassing ourselves on a daily basis?  It will take a generation to resolve, and that includes the replacement of a huge number of our population because they are crippling us with their poor performance? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Isn't the real problem the shocking ignorance of a substantial number of the UK population and a monumental misunderstanding of how things have worked, do work, and will need to work in the future?

We have shown an entitled attitude that we don't deserve, we have no idea what we're going to do, and we're taking ourselves to the proverbial cleaners whilst embarrassing ourselves on a daily basis?  It will take a generation to resolve, and that includes the replacement of a huge number of our population because they are crippling us with their poor performance? 

The Tories go on about the poor and the indigent and their answer is austerity, no other European country is in such straits.

 The concentration on University education provided by profit Making institutions will never make this country great again, every other European country invests in education for trades and technicians, Brexit will make no difference, our decline is inexorable, any country which is so reliant on overseas skills has no future when it talks ceaselessly of turning off that immigration tap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Isn't the real problem the shocking ignorance of a substantial number of the UK population and a monumental misunderstanding of how things have worked, do work, and will need to work in the future?

We have shown an entitled attitude that we don't deserve, we have no idea what we're going to do, and we're taking ourselves to the proverbial cleaners whilst embarrassing ourselves on a daily basis?  It will take a generation to resolve, and that includes the replacement of a huge number of our population because they are crippling us with their poor performance? 

This is an interesting comment on how we have ensured the rise of nationalism and populism with our dismissal of nativism.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/01/how-a-disastrous-change-in-perspective-disempowered-the-left-and-let-the-right-rise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

The Tories go on about the poor and the indigent and their answer is austerity, no other European country is in such straits.

 The concentration on University education provided by profit Making institutions will never make this country great again, every other European country invests in education for trades and technicians, Brexit will make no difference, our decline is inexorable, any country which is so reliant on overseas skills has no future when it talks ceaselessly of turning off that immigration tap.

I think Brexit will make all the difference, when Brexit voters finally understand what they voted for.  This seems to have been a struggle for some, and it goes back to the lack of understanding and notice, belief in fantasy and lack of confidence in their own ability to run their own lives.  Uneducated people are always looking for somebody else to lead them and run their lives, and the UK class system has spent 300 years enforcing that belief.

Brexit will bring poorer standards of living, lower wages, chargeable healthcare, less worker protections, less benefits for the working man, longer working lives, less secure retirement and a halt to increasing life expectancy. It will drop quality of average British life standards.

BUT....this would be classed as a success for the hard right toff Tories.  Their greatest attribute is convincing turkeys to vote for Christmas and thus maintaining their own wealth and control.  I read a quote the other day that Jacob Rees Mogg is a stupid person's idea of what a clever man looks like.  It's not wrong to be fair, you see examples on this thread from the cap doffers every day.  They have no defence because they have not developed any weapons to protect themselves, and this is the real decline of Britain compared to those in other countries who have really taken control and given themselves opportunity to improve their lot.


"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

I think Brexit will make all the difference, when Brexit voters finally understand what they voted for.  This seems to have been a struggle for some, and it goes back to the lack of understanding and notice, belief in fantasy and lack of confidence in their own ability to run their own lives.  Uneducated people are always looking for somebody else to lead them and run their lives, and the UK class system has spent 300 years enforcing that belief.

Brexit will bring poorer standards of living, lower wages, chargeable healthcare, less worker protections, less benefits for the working man, longer working lives, less secure retirement and a halt to increasing life expectancy. It will drop quality of average British life standards.

BUT....this would be classed as a success for the hard right toff Tories.  Their greatest attribute is convincing turkeys to vote for Christmas and thus maintaining their own wealth and control.  I read a quote the other day that Jacob Rees Mogg is a stupid person's idea of what a clever man looks like.  It's not wrong to be fair, you see examples on this thread from the cap doffers every day.  They have no defence because they have not developed any weapons to protect themselves, and this is the real decline of Britain compared to those in other countries who have really taken control and given themselves opportunity to improve their lot.

One of the most patronising posts ever on PIO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rallyman said:

One of the most patronising posts ever on PIO. 

Truth hurts. Open your eyes. You've set the country back 20 years and don't even understand why or how, big joke isn't it.

  • Haha 1

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Truth hurts. Open your eyes. You've set the country back 20 years and don't even understand why or how, big joke isn't it.

As I said the most patronising post in a long time and your reply is more of the same , You brand everyone the same who has a diffrent view to yourself ,  so now you are blaming me personally , you have no idea how I voted ,  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Perthbum said:

If the EU cannot except any plan we throw at them why dont they give us there plan? Any country is allowed to leave the failing EU and the treaty signed by all EU countries state they must help the country who wants to leave to come up with a plan. The truth is the EU will not agree to any plan we give them, big business in Europe are really fed up with the stubbornness of Barnier. 

They have done that many times. Please keep up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2018 at 08:43, Collie said:

'The EU is not responsible for your blundering lack of foresight' - Patrick Kielty slams Boris Johnson's Brexit plan

https://www.independent.ie/business/brexit/the-eu-is-not-responsible-for-your-blundering-lack-of-foresight-patrick-kielty-slams-boris-johnsons-brexit-plan-37366776.html

Nailed it.  Bit of an education in there for some who just don't get NI

Spot on. There's just no come back for that on the NI issue. Boris is out of his depth (as usual) as is Tory policy in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rallyman said:

As I said the most patronising post in a long time and your reply is more of the same , You brand everyone the same who has a diffrent view to yourself ,  so now you are blaming me personally , you have no idea how I voted ,  

Tell it to the air force, you've spent 2 years playing games and obfuscating.

 


"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

  •  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rallyman said:

One of the most patronising posts ever on PIO. 

That's a pretty weak counter argument, I was hoping for better.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Tell it to the air force, you've spent 2 years playing games and obfuscating.

 

Wtf are you on about airforce ????

Who’s been playing games ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×