Partner Visa Current waiting time

J_J

Another question i have regarding the visa (didn't think it was worth a new thread) On the Immi website when I log on and go to the 'My applications summary' page. My application is down as 'Received' in bold letters. Whereas my partners (who is the sponsor) his part of the application still says 'Submitted' again in bold letters. 

I am wondering if this is right or have we not properly sent part of the application.

Probably nothing to worry about but its bugging me and trying to make sure everything is perfect.  

On 2/9/2018 at 07:34, Lisa De Leon said:

If the 309 visa is granted without the 100, they must wait for two years from date of lodgement in order to be eligible to be granted the permanent partner visa. It doesn't happen automatically and you need to draw the case officer's attention to the fact that you have been in a long term relationship.

Why would I need to draw the CO's attention to the fact that I've been married for 15+ years to my husband when that is stated in the application itself in order to make sure I get considered for visa 100 from the 309? 

One would think they know how to add up the number of years a couple has been together to meet the criteria or am I wrong?

2 hours ago, Cegor said:

Why would I need to draw the CO's attention to the fact that I've been married for 15+ years to my husband when that is stated in the application itself in order to make sure I get considered for visa 100 from the 309? 

One would think they know how to add up the number of years a couple has been together to meet the criteria or am I wrong?

All the cases I've seen have just been granted the 100. Some people aren't even aware they can go straight to PR until they get the grant.

8 hours ago, J-J said:

Another question i have regarding the visa (didn't think it was worth a new thread) On the Immi website when I log on and go to the 'My applications summary' page. My application is down as 'Received' in bold letters. Whereas my partners (who is the sponsor) his part of the application still says 'Submitted' again in bold letters. 

I am wondering if this is right or have we not properly sent part of the application.

Probably nothing to worry about but its bugging me and trying to make sure everything is perfect.  

Same with our application!

6 hours ago, Cegor said:

It would be nice if the Department of Immigration always made logical decisions when processing visa applications but it is not always the case. To avoid any confusion it is best to draw their attention to the fact, maybe in your personal statement, so that the provisional visa is not granted without the second stage. Otherwise you will have to wait 2 years even though you are in a long term relationship. You can never assume that anything is obvious.

Just now, Stung said:

I assume a front loaded application? (medical and police done before request).

You assume correct. 

Both police checks, medical, Bank statements with highlighted transactions, joint travel docs, marriage cert, cards, etc

We did provide a lot of information. 

1 hour ago, J-J said:

You assume correct. 

Both police checks, medical, Bank statements with highlighted transactions, joint travel docs, marriage cert, cards, etc

We did provide a lot of information. 

Yes front loaded can have benefits, and my opinion this time of year is best.

But good applications are very important.

Obviously your application proves that applications or not dealt with in order received!

Hi,

Brand new to the site, which is fantastic!

Moving back to Aus after 20 years in the UK.  Kids (3) citizenship applications have been lodged & my main question is should I lodge hubby's partner visa now or hold off until the kids citizenship has come through.

In the perfect world we would love to be back home October 2019 with the kids starting school/Uni in 2020, do you think this is realistic?

Any info would be great and i'm sure my questions will go on & on & on & on....

Cheers

42 minutes ago, Paul_Kild said:

309 and 100 granted yesterday, 6 weeks waiting in total

Applied January 7th, 2018

Granted February 21st, 2018

Thats interesting you got your 100 on the same day. Can i ask if that came on a separate email or on the same one as your 309?

As far as i can tel from reading what i got they have only granted me the 309 

How long have you been in your relationship? 

7 hours ago, J-J said:

Thats interesting you got your 100 on the same day. Can i ask if that came on a separate email or on the same one as your 309?

As far as i can tel from reading what i got they have only granted me the 309 

How long have you been in your relationship? 

It came in two separate emails, same day, 1 minute difference

9 years in relationship, two kids together

12 hours ago, Paulie said:

It came in two separate emails, same day, 1 minute difference

9 years in relationship, two kids together

I guess ill just have to apply for the permanent after the 2 years is up.

We have been together since 2014 but there was a period of separation for 3 months in that.

Hello Everyone, 

I need a bit of Information, I'm a Permanent Resident and had applied for my wife's Spouse Visa (309/100) in Sep 2017.  In December I had applied for my wife's Tourist Visa so that she can come and join me here in Australia until DIAC takes a decision on her 309 (TR) visa. She was granted a Tourist Visa within 3 weeks and she joined me in Jan,2018. Now couple of days ago I received an email from the Department stating that they wish to take a decision on her 309 visa and that she needs to leave the country within 28 days so that they can take a decision on her 309 Partner application as she had applied it from off-shore. 

They have said in their email that "We will check at the end of the 28th day whether the applicant" is outside of the country and in case if she's still not outside of Australia it may adversely effect the outcome of her application.  
Also they have mentioned that they need minimum 5 working days to take a decision and have not mentioned an upper limit.

Now I want to understand that if we book a holiday trip to Bali/some other place for say 7-8 days before the expiry period of the 28 day and notify them that my wife has exited, will they take a decision before expiry of the 28 day period or will they compulsorily wait for the 28 day period and only at the end of the 28 day period take decision. 

We don't want to be stuck in a situation where we have exhausted our holiday in Bali/other destination and they have still not taken a decision. We'll be stuck and she'll be left with no option to stay back or return to India until they take a decision. 

I want to understand that firstly will they take decision before 28 days if my wife leaves the country?
Secondly how much time do they usually take to make a decision if all documentation is complete and finalized and they just need to take a decision.

Any guidance, help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ankur Gupta

Hi all,

Posted a message last Thursday requiring advise on partner application.  Have been married 19 years and have applied for citizenship for our 3 children, want to lodge hubby's visa application but unsure how to enter the children on it as they are not Aussie citizens yet. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Anxious to get the ball rolling.

Cheers

Hi,

When we applied online for our children's citizenship last year-  we got their certificates really quickly , think it was a couple of weeks from applying. 

So you could upload those documents once you receive them as I guess it won't take long if you did it online.   

However,  if you lodge the application and they request the citizenship forms then I think they only give you 28 days to provide the documentation - so if you have any doubt as to whether the citizenship certificates will arrive in that time then you'd have to factor that in.

And an update on my application -   Just got it approved today - so 5 weeks from start to finish.     

Had a request to provide the police and health checks 3 weeks after applying,    obtained those within 2 weeks and uploaded them -  approval the next day.

309 and then the 100 came through within an minute of each other!

On 22/02/2018 at 12:11, Min said:

Hi,

Brand new to the site, which is fantastic!

Moving back to Aus after 20 years in the UK.  Kids (3) citizenship applications have been lodged & my main question is should I lodge hubby's partner visa now or hold off until the kids citizenship has come through.

In the perfect world we would love to be back home October 2019 with the kids starting school/Uni in 2020, do you think this is realistic?

Any info would be great and i'm sure my questions will go on & on & on & on....

Cheers

If you don't want to go until October 19 then it could almost get processed too quickly if the application is straightforward.   I now have to be in the country by the February 2019 now which is fine,  but if you don't want to go til the October then the visa would run out if its granted too early...

Wow, congratulations!!!

We were thinking October 19, because it says it take 18-24 months for the visa to be granted. 

To be honest earlier would be better, but didn't want to get ahead of ourselves!

If it was this year it would suit for school for 2 of our 3 kids, the eldest would probably have to stay with Grandparents so she could finish her A levels.

jeh, you have got me excited now.....deep breath & calm down, I just hope things run as smoothly for us.

Where are you headed?

Hi All, just popped in to do some research to see you getting amazing turnaround times!!  Congratulations.

I am in the same boat as Min, kids citizenship applications are about to go in, I figure I will wait as we aren't going until 2020.  It will be nice to have the visa sorted, although blowing £6k+ on a holiday a year before moving does feel a bit silly so i might go on my own / co-ordinate a work trip.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 09:48, Ankur Gupta said:

Hello Everyone, 

I need a bit of Information, I'm a Permanent Resident and had applied for my wife's Spouse Visa (309/100) in Sep 2017.  In December I had applied for my wife's Tourist Visa so that she can come and join me here in Australia until DIAC takes a decision on her 309 (TR) visa. She was granted a Tourist Visa within 3 weeks and she joined me in Jan,2018. Now couple of days ago I received an email from the Department stating that they wish to take a decision on her 309 visa and that she needs to leave the country within 28 days so that they can take a decision on her 309 Partner application as she had applied it from off-shore. 

They have said in their email that "We will check at the end of the 28th day whether the applicant" is outside of the country and in case if she's still not outside of Australia it may adversely effect the outcome of her application.  
Also they have mentioned that they need minimum 5 working days to take a decision and have not mentioned an upper limit.

Now I want to understand that if we book a holiday trip to Bali/some other place for say 7-8 days before the expiry period of the 28 day and notify them that my wife has exited, will they take a decision before expiry of the 28 day period or will they compulsorily wait for the 28 day period and only at the end of the 28 day period take decision. 

We don't want to be stuck in a situation where we have exhausted our holiday in Bali/other destination and they have still not taken a decision. We'll be stuck and she'll be left with no option to stay back or return to India until they take a decision. 

I want to understand that firstly will they take decision before 28 days if my wife leaves the country?
Secondly how much time do they usually take to make a decision if all documentation is complete and finalized and they just need to take a decision.

Any guidance, help will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Ankur Gupta

The guidance is quite clear - effectively the 'tourist visa' is not connected to your spousal application. I'm curious, this site is called "Poms in Oz" - most tourist visas in the UK seem to be accepted within 24 hours (normally 4-5hrs). Is your wife applying from the UK and are you a "Pom"?