EOI submitted with 65 points

saffys

Hello this is my first post on my own, so apologies for asking something someone may have already asked.

I received my positive nursing skills assessment from ANMAC at 2am Thurs morning, and put in my Expression of Interest onto the immigration page for the 189 Skilled Visa by 3am!!.

I am a Registered Nurse Surgical (254424) and know that I am cutting it fine before I turn 40 in July and lose points.

My question was - How long do people think I might have to wait to be invited? I know that nurses have not reached their occupation ceiling yet.

What do I need to scan ready to upload or get certified if I am invited?

Do you think when I am invited it is best to do medical and police checks and front load them? It is just me on the visa, as I am recently widowed, and have marked my application as that.

Many thanks in advance

xx

Have you got maximum points in your language test? If not, you might want to do that. Even though nursing is still on the immigration list, and hasn't reached the occupation ceiling, 65 points is fairly low.

That's the only thing that I'd be wanting to change at the moment. As long as you get invited before your birthday, your points will not get reduced.

Maybe full in form 80 if you haven't?

PCC and medicals can be done when they get asked for, as that that is when you're 1 year clock starts for validating your visa, when it gets granted.

You don't have to get anything certified, as long as you upload colour versions of your documents.

Edited by DukeNinja
  • Like 1

Hi there and welcome!

I have found this website helpful in finding estimated times. http://www.iscah.com/  For 65 points right now it is estimating you won't be invited to apply until AFTER June 2018, based on how many applications they have recently been taking/processing (was much higher in September/October than now). Also, you can't account for how many people are coming in ahead of you. Even if they apply after you, if they have more points, they will be invited first. 

As mentioned by @DukeNinja, you can increase your points by taking the English exam again if you didn't already get maximum points for that. As a native speaker I am finding the IELTS much easier than the TOEFL (as for the IELTS you can take the general instead of the academic for nursing if you come from an English speaking country). 

Here is the full table for estimates (nursing is in the bottom in blue under non-pro rata):

http://www.iscah.com/eoi-invitation-estimates/

If you are thinking about trying the IELTS exam, here is a website with some good practice exams to get a feel for it:

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/19/catalogue/ielts-general-training

Good luck! Hope to see you (and myself) down under in the future!

• Like 1

Hello and thank you both for replying to me.

My 65 points are as follows - 

Age 39 until July = 25 points

English language superior = 20 points. I did Pearsons Academic and got 90/90 in all four sections reading, writing, speaking and listening. 

Level of education - Bachelor Degree = 15 points. I also had a positive skills assessment from ANMAC.

Finally 3 years but less than 5 years experience in my nominated qualification overseas = 5 points

Total = 65 points.

I will look into iscah and get cracking on form 80 and scanning colour copies of documents. 

Here is hoping they start inviting more than 300 at a time over the next few months!

Many thanks again.

Saffy xxx

Hello Duke,

I had thought of that and living close to QUEENSLAND border but living and working in NSW for 2 years. I have friends in QLD that I can be close to. Just with losing my wife I wanted to and they (her sis and nephew) want me to be close to them. Although it is only for 2 years I suppose.

Can I put  in a 190 eoi as well as the my 189 in? 

Thank u xx 

Hey Saffys,

So sorry to hear about your loss.

If I were in your position, I would probably take any chance I had of getting a permanent visa, including a 190, as in the grand scheme of things, I'd rather be in Australia, than still be waiting on an invite.

I'm pretty sure you can apply for both at the same time (I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if not), however, I have heard that some states will require you to retract your 189 before they will consider offering you a 190.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

DN

• Thanks 1

Will look at jobs and house share/rental prices in NSW too and definitely consider it.

Besides completing form 80 - what evidence in colour do i need to scan ready? I have scanned passport, marriage certificate, death certificate, Letter of Determination from ANMAC, Statements of service from 2 employers since graduating. 

Have I missed anything?

Thank you again

Sorry for the late reply. My wife was first diagnosed and treated for a liposarcoma at The PA and would love to work there one day xx we lived in Teneriffe at first then Yeronga and finally clayfield. 

Will let u know what I decide xx  all the best xx 

Hi there,

Sorry for jumping in on your topic, but I'm in a very similar situation to you, Saffy :-)

I am a newly qualified nurse (4 months working), wanting to apply for a 190 NSW visa - I wondered if anyone knew what my chances are of it being granted it with only 65 points?

(Age 36 = 25 points, English language = 20 points, degree = 15 points, NSW sponsorship = 5 points).

I lived in Perth for 2 years several years ago, and am desperate to get out of London and back to the sun!.. But very nervous of spending so much money without the visa being granted. I have contacted several visa agents, and have been told they've had similar cases granted for 190 NSW. But I'm not sure that I can trust them!

Thanks so much in advance for any help,

Sophie

Hello Sophie and Welcome, you are more than welcome to join my post xx 

did you nurse in Perth? could you count them as work experience or before you trained to be a nruse? 

I am thinking of taking the 190 with extra 5 points to make 70 points and coping with living away from family but closer to friends for 2 years means I am there permanently rather than there not at all or temporarily 

Hope some kind person will come to our aid soon and offer advice (as the fab people before have!) 

Its a lot of money, do you have ANMAC already? if not can you see any probs getting ANMAC? it is all online now so I would check and there is a facebook page who are so helpful that you do not need an agent unless there are specific issues. 

Send me a message and keep in touch

Many thanks

Saffy xx

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, saffys said:

If no news or invite next weds I will put in for nsw state sponsorship with 65+5 points xxx

Can I ask about the 190 visa as I was under the impression from my visa agent that for NSW I’d need at least 80 points for that visa and I only have 65! 

Hello Yogi, I do not have an agent so I cannot comment sorry. I am going to apply and see what happens. I will update my post if I am offered sponsorship to keep u in the loop.

Cobain, I recommend you call them and ask them as it used to say a timeframe on their website. I cannot see one now. 

Good luck to you both x

On 2/18/2018 at 23:46, yogi said:

Can I ask about the 190 visa as I was under the impression from my visa agent that for NSW I’d need at least 80 points for that visa and I only have 65! 

Why did they tell you that?? What were the reasons?

On 21/02/2018 at 17:50, LeeH said:

Why did they tell you that?? What were the reasons?

Thinking about it it may have been because this was quoted last April, so nearing the end of the invitation rounds so maybe by then the points requirements had changed? But I was just told that NSW would only offer state sponsorship if I had 80 points. I will contact my agent to ask if they can do an EOI for me this time as that would give me 70 points