Parley

Have you bought any bitcoin ?

30 minutes ago, Parley said:

What is the coin/token called ? I can't see anything called Argo.

It’s Argo Blockhain. They are a Crypto miner. They are dual listed in the U.K. and US.
 LSE: ARB. OTCMKTS: ARBKF

• Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

On 15/02/2021 at 16:27, FirstWorldProblems said:

doubled since I posted this.    96 to 188.

if more big firms do go ahead and follow Tesla putting their money into Bitcoin it's going to be a good ride this year

It will open tomorrow at about £3.20.   It’s bonkers. 

• Like 1

British  | Lived in Australia 2001-02 on 457   | Married Aussie wife & moved back to UK | Plan to return to Sydney 2026 when all kids have finished school

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for selling out of Bitcoin as it is still going up.

Still no one knows where the top is but it seems the sky is the limit at the moment.

Litecoin has gone up a lot too since i sold only 1 week ago.

Edited by Parley

I want it all, and I want it now.

17 minutes ago, Parley said:

I'm a bit annoyed with myself for selling out of Bitcoin as it is still going up.

Still no one knows where the top is but it seems the sky is the limit at the moment.

Don’t beat yourself up about it, it’s just what happens.  I’ve done the same several times over the years with shares. I usually decide what I’ll be happy with and when they get to it I sell.  We all still get annoyed when we see them still rising though.  Just think, if you hadn’t have sold and they’d have dropped you’d have been even more annoyed. It’s still a bit shit though. I did think of you when I noticed they were still climbing.  Enjoy what you’ve made, you did very well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Parley said:

No. You made a great profit and you were happy with it at the time.   It’s impossible to see what might happen.  Could have lost loads.  Nothing to be annoyed about.  You did great.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/02/2021 at 21:18, Parley said:

That was sort of my point.

Looks like it will be £60,000 before £6000.

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

Tesla has made more money from its investment in bitcoin in one month (January) than it did selling electric vehicles for the whole of last year.

Assuming that the electric carmaker holds as many bitcoins today as it did on January 31, it has made a paper profit of about $930 million, more than the $721 million profit it reported for 2020.

Edited by Parley

54 minutes ago, Parley said:

Tesla has made more money from its investment in bitcoin in one month (January) than it did selling electric vehicles for the whole of last year.

Assuming that the electric carmaker holds as many bitcoins today as it did on January 31, it has made a paper profit of about $930 million, more than the $721 million profit it reported for 2020.

Crazy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Crazy.

Elon musk has said bitcoin looks a bit high. You think he may have sold? This is looking like market manipulation in an unregulated market. Be interested to see what happens if yellen gets involved.

Interesting times... very interesting times.

On 11/02/2021 at 00:33, Parley said:

And down to 0.90. A big fall.

Bitcoin soared to $48000.

Time to buy rolls Royce parley.

• Like 1

I doubt he has sold.

But his tweet seems to have been the trigger for an overdue correction.

Perhaps just as well i got out when i did. Although i'm sure in time they will bounce back.

7 hours ago, Parley said:

I doubt he has sold.

But his tweet seems to have been the trigger for an overdue correction.

Perhaps just as well i got out when i did. Although i'm sure in time they will bounce back.

That and yellens comments.

Wild day today. Some of the hydrogen stocks I follow but don't currently own were down nearly 20% at one point, and now look like breaking even. I was tempted to buy back in at the low, but this is a bit too wild for me. 

Thinking of putting some money in the Pacific rim if the Nasdaq goes below 13000.

Edited by newjez

13 hours ago, newjez said:

Time to buy rolls Royce parley.

Yes they are doing well. Seem to be good re-opening of the economy buy.

Should have bought some at 0.90.

4 hours ago, Parley said:

Cineworld are really moving. 

I have some Wetherspoon's, and some carnival. Plus some NatWest. Airlines are popping.

USA markets are unbelievable. It's going to be a wild ride. But I think the move from tech to reflation is unavoidable.

Time for people to re evaluate their pension. It's hard to find a pension fund that isn't fangs based. They may take a hit over the next six months. It will pay to do some research into what people are actually invested and diversify. I wouldn't want a lot of money sitting in apple, Google and Tesla right now.

On 21/02/2021 at 10:27, newjez said:

Elon musk has said bitcoin looks a bit high. You think he may have sold? This is looking like market manipulation in an unregulated market. Be interested to see what happens if yellen gets involved.

Of course it's market manipulation. He's on a winner with bitcoin as are drug dealers making heaps of cash, underworld figures with cash they can afford to lose. 

Cryptocurrency could have been invented for them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Parley said:

The recovery story still holds. They had a share offer recently so they should be robust. You will get better gains with TUI or Cineworld. But there is a risk some of these companies won't make it if interest rates spike. TUI has a lot of debt. Rolls Royce has a big discount on its pre covid share price. 

On 23/02/2021 at 21:51, Parley said:

Did you keep some powder dry parley?

I don't expect this is the big one. Could be a 10%ish correction. Just blowing a bit of froth off.

I plan to start buying through next week. I expect things will pop back up and then it will rinse and repeat.

On 25/02/2021 at 04:52, Paul1Perth said:

Thought Elon Musk was supposed to be smart. If he was he'd stay off twitter.

You don't know what his objective is. When you have that much money, it's more about power than money.

Edited by newjez

21 hours ago, newjez said:

Did you keep some powder dry parley?

I don't expect this is the big one. Could be a 10%ish correction. Just blowing a bit of froth off.

I plan to start buying through next week. I expect things will pop back up and then it will rinse and repeat.

This is typical of what happens to me sometimes.

I stay in cash for months certain the correction is coming. It doesn't and the market keeps going up. I finally grow tired of waiting and think i have to get back in and a week later the correction happens.

Someone up there doesn't like me.

10 hours ago, Parley said:

This is typical of what happens to me sometimes.

I stay in cash for months certain the correction is coming. It doesn't and the market keeps going up. I finally grow tired of waiting and think i have to get back in and a week later the correction happens.

Someone up there doesn't like me.

When the last bear capitulates the market falls so they say. 

Cramer on CNBC is calling warnings about this Friday. He says if the unemployment figures are good, rates will rise and shares will fall. Especially with more stimulus coming in.

I was a bit annoyed with the footsie on Friday. Ticking over nicely, and then that hawk from the bank of England opened his mouth and it tanked. Still, I expect Asia and Europe to stabilize Monday.

I might move a bit more to cash, as I see more downside than up at the moment. It should only be tech stocks that get hit. But people panic. If it falls I'll move into cyclical recovery plays. It's damned hard to find the right funds in my pension though. All the funds seem to favour growth stocks.

• Like 1