189/190 cost breakdown

jayrich89

G'day all, 

I've been in talks with with an emigration advisor regarding applying for a 190 visa based on my metal fabricator qualifications and experience (322311) . Although we're not ready to emigrate yet as I have to finish a degree and we don't have the funds for a big move....the advisor is recommending we still apply asap then enter the country on a holiday to validate the visa. I considered this an option as we have friends in oz so could get cheap flights around may for £1500 return for myself my partner and young baby then just stay with friend to keep it cheap. 

However.....my last contact with the advisor came with a bit of a shock that the whole visa process was going to cost us around £8500 for myself, my partner and a child less than 2 years old. 

These are a few costs as far as I could see from google searches

190 skilled visa--  3670 AUD-- £2080

TRA skills assessment-- 1000 AUD- £570

police check-- £45pp---- £90 

Medical check-- £300pp---£600

Could anyone shed light on the costs of the visa process with a breakdown if possible 

Thanks 

Edited by jayrich89

3 hours ago, jayrich89 said:

G'day all, 

I've been in talks with with an emigration advisor regarding applying for a 190 visa based on my metal fabricator qualifications and experience (322311) . Although we're not ready to emigrate yet as I have to finish a degree and we don't have the funds for a big move....the advisor is recommending we still apply asap then enter the country on a holiday to validate the visa. I considered this an option as we have friends in oz so could get cheap flights around may for £1500 return for myself my partner and young baby then just stay with friend to keep it cheap. 

However.....my last contact with the advisor came with a bit of a shock that the whole visa process was going to cost us around £8500 for myself, my partner and a child less than 2 years old. 

These are a few costs as far as I could see from google searches

190 skilled visa--  3670 AUD-- £2080

TRA skills assessment-- 1000 AUD- £570

police check-- £45pp---- £90 

Medical check-- £300pp---£600

Could anyone shed light on the costs of the visa process with a breakdown if possible 

Thanks 

Hi mate, 

Here is a price calculator for any fees you would pay for the actual application as I think you will be paying roughly an extra 1800 AUD for your partner to be placed on the application.

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/190-?modal=pricing-estimator

We have also payed an agent which has cost around £3000 for the whole process.

I also had to take an IELTS English exam which cost £150

We submitted our EOI to SA and that cost 200 AUD

There was a few other small expenses along the way like paying to get our birth certs etc

Hope this helps.

@jayrich89 Hi this was the pricing we got from the centre where we did our medicals

AUSTRALIA

Chest x-ray only                                              £115.00

Adult (15 years & over)                                   £312.00 (chest x-ray, medical & HIV screening)

Medical only (15 years and over)                   £154.00                                  

Child between 11 and 14 years                      £199.00  (chest x-ray & medical)

Child up to 11 years of age                            £99.00   (medical)

Hepatitis B & C                                               £43.00 each

When 2+ children attend with parent the children will attract an additional 5% discount on their general medicals for under 11 years only)

I would assume an agency as big as this would be reliable but would anybody like to confirm that this looks accurate?? I had the TRA skills assessment down as $1000AUD so the $2360AUD they stated is a big difference. Also the visa application price seems pretty high but I know Aus Gov aren't the cheapest ? 

IMG_9758.PNG

1 minute ago, jayrich89 said:

I would assume an agency as big as this would be reliable but would anybody like to confirm that this looks accurate?? I had the TRA skills assessment down as $1000AUD so the $2360AUD they stated is a big difference. Also the visa application price seems pretty high but I know Aus Gov aren't the cheapest ? 

IMG_9758.PNG

We are using "The Emirgration Group" as we speak and we have found to be so so helpful and reliable.

Your skill assessment does seem to be higher than mine, £837($1400) I paid to do mine through vetassess. Maybe just ask them to break the price down a bit more and explain your skill assessment quotation? We are just reaching the stage of submitting our application this week and we really can't speak highly enough of how great they have been and how fast they have moved for us. Everything else in your quote is very much the same as ours. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Obtain a few quotes from different companies to compare costs, but make sure you use a registered migration agent. You will pay more for an experienced migration agent and reputable company.

Generally the costs are made up of:

• Skills Assessment
  • English Language Test
  • State Sponsorship fees (if applicable)
  • Visa application charge (VAC)
  • Medicals
  • Criminal checks
  • Migration Agent service fees

Visa Bureau do a free online assessment too: https://assessments.visabureau.com/australia/assessment/skilled/default.aspx

Hope this helps :)

The price of the skills assessment varies according to what the skill is and who is assessing it 

Fees for a 190 are here https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/fees#tab-content-2 

$3670 for the main applicant, $1835 for dependents/partners over 18, $920 under 18. This fee is always charged according to the current exchange rate so the £ figure will fluctuate.

It’s not a cheap exercise emigrating! We didn’t use an agent and our UK costs were £150 for English test plus £760 medical (£290 per adult, £90 per child under 5), plus £90 police. The Aussie costs were $810 for skills assessment and then $6300 for main applicant, dependent adult+ 2 children. We then spent about £5k on activation visit as we weren’t in a position to move before our 1 year ran out. I’m budgeting £35k for the move including flights, shipping and living expenses until we’re earning. Based on our lifestyle and area we’re aiming at moving too, I reckon that gives us about 6 months breathing room to get established.

3 hours ago, ABG said:

It’s not a cheap exercise emigrating! We didn’t use an agent and our UK costs were £150 for English test plus £760 medical (£290 per adult, £90 per child under 5), plus £90 police. The Aussie costs were $810 for skills assessment and then $6300 for main applicant, dependent adult+ 2 children. We then spent about £5k on activation visit as we weren’t in a position to move before our 1 year ran out. I’m budgeting £35k for the move including flights, shipping and living expenses until we’re earning. Based on our lifestyle and area we’re aiming at moving too, I reckon that gives us about 6 months breathing room to get established.

Your budget sounds accurate.  I know some people say they can emigrate on a shoestring, but usually that just means delaying the cost, not avoiding it. For instance, you could sell or give away all your furniture in the UK and furnish your Aussie home with second-hand furniture - but the fact remains that one day, you'll want to chuck it all out and buy some nice stuff.