You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

A.Gordon

Banking / Transfers

Seeking advice about whom are best to bank with over in West Sydney & who to use for good transfer rates between U.K & Oz ??

(I’ve recently heard some horror stories about Transferwise and freezing transfers)

For transfers I have used OFX for the past few years, with an average of at least 1 transfer per month. I highly recommend OFX.
www.ofx.com
Occasionally compare rates with other companies, and OFX have always been best. Transfers usually take about 24 hours.
Also they are listed on the Australian Stock Exchange, so you are dealing with a Public Company, not some private operation.

• Like 1

Can thoroughly recommend Moneycorp. We've used their service several times over the past few months and found them professional, efficient with excellent rates.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments.

Is Moneycorp a Bank or a company used for good transfer rates??

I’ve not heard of OFX, Will look into it.

Thanks again

Moneycorp are a company.
I used to use them, but changed to OFX as they had better rates.

I've never had any problems with transferwise- always been really easy to use . I've also used MoneyCorp and HiFx which have also been great - just go with the one which offers the best rates

You asked about banks in West Sydney - it really makes no difference where you are in Australia, the banks are all the same.  The days of choosing a bank based on the fact there was a good bank manager in a particular branch - they're over!    

I like ING bank but they are only online (there's one branch in the city).  You could also look at some of the other small banks or credit unions. They generally have better rates than the big 4.

Definitely don't use any of the banks to transfer money, their rates are always dreadful.   I've used Moneycorp and found them good.  

• Like 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 28/01/2018 at 15:51, KZ1 said:

Moneycorp are a company.
I used to use them, but changed to OFX as they had better rates.

I don’t know if I should be saying this but Moneycorp, I’m sure, will match any rates. It’s worth asking

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.