You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

bex9

VETASSESS - Using a diploma from 2000

I have a qualification as Civil Engineer Technician from 2000. I worked in this field in 2001 for 6 months, then changed career and got a bachelor degree in 2005. From 2004 to 2016 I worked most of the time in business related subjects (only one year - 2010 - in construction) and from 2017 (one year so far) again as Civil Engineer Technician. 

Going by what I found in VETASSESS documents, Civil Engineer Technician is in group C, so "Qualification(s) assessed at least AQF Diploma level with a highly relevant field of study and at least one year of post-qualification highly relevant employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years".

So it seems that I can be assessed positively. But I am not sure how VETASSESS will see this period of 16 years in a different field. Is it possible that they will disregard my degree?

If anyone has seen some similar case, please comment. Thanks.

Verifiable work experience in your nominated skilled occupation or in a 'closely related' (the same first 4 ANZSCO digits) skilled occupation in and for a relevant period can be counted for points. A degree (in any discipline) assessed as comparable to an Australian degree would attract 15 points, This is not a matter for a  VETASSESS opinion. They refer to the CEP and you can too.

• Thanks 1

Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com