Dentist - crown's

calNgary

As anyone had a crown done lately and if so how much was it?

Ive just been to the dentist (i would rather have been going through labour!) and was quoted $4000 for 2 x crowns on back teeth, 1 x large tooth extration, 1 x small tooth extraction and 2 fillings. 

I had a crown last year and it was around $1300 i think so i didnt think this price was too bad. I was also told to put it on a payment plan as it costs no extra so paid a few hundred there and then and the rest is $50 pr week direct debit until paid.

The crown order is now done by 3d scanner which was fascinating to see it take the pictures and create a copy of your teeth on the screen and  much better than the ''play dough' bunged in your mouth that they previosuly used.

Cal x

That does sound quite reasonable, my dentist charges $1600 for a crown. I've been gradually having my horrible NHS amalgam fillings replaced and some have required crowns as there is so little tooth left - only 3 left to do :(. It's taken a lot of courage to get this far.....

• Like 2

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 13:57, calNgary said:

As anyone had a crown done lately and if so how much was it?

I was quoted $3000 for root canal, then another $3000 for a crown on that tooth., so $4000 for the work you've mentioned sounds reasonable.

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:47, Drumbeat said:

That does sound quite reasonable, my dentist charges $1600 for a crown. I've been gradually having my horrible NHS amalgam fillings replaced and some have required crowns as there is so little tooth left - only 3 left to do :(. It's taken a lot of courage to get this far.....

I so get it. I'm going though something similar after too many years of avoiding the dentist and some really bad orthodontic work when I was a teen.

26 minutes ago, Melbpom said:

I was quoted $3000 for root canal, then another $3000 for a crown on that tooth., so $4000 for the work you've mentioned sounds reasonable.

I so get it. I'm going though something similar after too many years of avoiding the dentist and some really bad orthodontic work when I was a teen.

He offered root canal on my back tooth but i just said take it out.. I'm a wuss hate the dentist and am still 'feeling'' it today nearly a week later. lol

Cal x

• 1 month later...

I can't believe how much you have to pay for the dentist!  I've just calculated the difference between here (France) and Aus and it translates to 

nearly $700 difference.  We have a tiny portion paid by private insurance (called mutuelle) and a small proportion contributed by the medical service.

I had forgotten how expensive it is and my husband reminded me of how many thousands of dollars we had to paid over time.  No wonder years ago

so many had all their teeth removed.!   Still my comments don't help as it is as it is.  We can have insurance to cover dental work but the cost is prohibitive

to us, as aussie pensioners living overseas) we cannot afford it.  nor could we in Aus by the sound of it.  

Yes it is expensive.  Pays to take care of your teeth.  For people who can't afford it there is a dental clinic which offers dental treatment at a reduced cost.

The Children and Adult's Dental Service provides a wide range of dental services for children including relief of pain, restorative and preventative services, and maintenance of dental health. Adult dental services include emergency dental care, general dental care and dentures.  Bit like the NHS but not free.

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen

It also pays to call around, a few years back someone quoted me $3,000 for a root canal, I called another dentist and it was $1,200.

5 hours ago, Toots said:

Yes it is expensive.  Pays to take care of your teeth.  For people who can't afford it there is a dental clinic which offers dental treatment at a reduced cost.

The Children and Adult's Dental Service provides a wide range of dental services for children including relief of pain, restorative and preventative services, and maintenance of dental health. Adult dental services include emergency dental care, general dental care and dentures.  Bit like the NHS but not free.

7 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

It also pays to call around, a few years back someone quoted me $3,000 for a root canal, I called another dentist and it was $1,200.

I had a root canal just before coming to Tassie.  All up it was $700 and that was in Sydney.